OPINION Broncos ‘Set to’ Win Cobbo's Signature. Badel warning.

Most on here thought we should have locked up David Fifita well before he went to the market. Appears what we are doing here with Selwyn. If we’ve done the sums and can afford it I’m happy. Although I am hoping Herbie has been factored into those figures as well.

Most on here thought we should have locked up David Fifita well before he went to the market. Appears what we are doing here with Selwyn. If we’ve done the sums and can afford it I’m happy. Although I am hoping Herbie has been factored into those figures as well.
Unless he's already gone

I’m a fan of mchunt. I agree with a lot he says, except on the subject of Peter badel. He needs to explain this article please……

Petey B came into this article with one objective... "How can I make re-signing of Cobbo cause animosity?"

::::Inflate the price to extreme levels::::

We need to calm the **** down and realise Ikin loves money ball and media try to antagonize situations for clicks... it's more than likely we have actually re-signed him for a good price.

Be happy that he's a good player and he's staying.
Spot on mate, it's is fucking BADEL guys. Not to mention - Broncos re-signing an existing player can announce instantly - so it's likely still being worked through.

2 Mil is him probably rounding up from 1.5 mil (including this season so over 4 years) plus TPAs for clicks.

According to cheif shit talker Badel, we have "won the race" to secure Cobbo with a 2 year extension taking him until the end of 2025. He has apparently agreed to terms for a 3 year 2m deal. Currently on 180k but this deal will see his value soar "upward" of 600k.
The number will be right. And he's worth every cent of it.

He's worth more than Coates.

I’m a fan of mchunt. I agree with a lot he says, except on the subject of Peter badel. He needs to explain this article please……
Not sure what you mean. You should always be sceptical of anything you read in a newspaper.

My only point on Badel is he's the hardest working reporter on the Broncos, and churns out multiple articles a day on them for the benefit of us diehard fans who'll read anything on them. I don't have any problem with his accuracy, particularly given the genre and the overall speculative nature of sports gossip.

In my opinion he's unfairly maligned for no good reason. Those slagging him off can never back up their toxic opinions with any form of evidence. It's just gratuitous nastiness, and occasionally it rankles me to see someone get the boot laid into them by people who don't even have access to his stories and make knee jerk cynical remarks that usually turn out to be wrong. The irony there.

As for this article, it's speculative. He hasn't signed. He's "tipped to sign." Badel is sharing a speculation - source unknown - that his value will "soar" beyond $600k with the upgrade. So it's a rumour, preempting a deal with a comment on his "value" rather than his pay.

I tend to agree with his "value." I see a massive future for this kid. He'll be a key part of our spine by next season, and playing for QLD, potentially even at fullback.

As for what we'll actually be paying him, well we all know those numbers are harder to get.

Not sure what you mean. My only point on Badel is he's the hardest working reporter on the Broncos, and churns out multiple articles a day on them for the benefit of us diehard fans who'll read anything on them. I don't have any problem with his accuracy, particularly given the genre and the overall speculative nature of sports gossip.

In my opinion he's unfairly maligned for no good reason. Those slagging him off can never back up their toxic opinions with any form of evidence. It's just gratuitous nastiness, and occasionally it rankles me to see someone get the boot laid into them by people who don't even have access to his stories and make knee jerk cynical remarks that usually turn out to be wrong. The irony there.

As for this article, it's speculative. He hasn't signed. He's "tipped to sign." Badel is sharing a speculation - source unknown - that his value will "soar" beyond $600k with the upgrade. So it's a rumour, preempting a deal with a comment on his "value" rather than his pay.

I tend to agree with his "value." I see a massive future for this kid. He'll be a key part of our spine by next season, and playing for QLD, potentially even at fullback.

As for what we'll actually be paying him, well we all know those numbers are harder to get.
Mic drop Mchunt.
Well said.

Mic drop Mchunt.
Well said.

Seriously? He’s literally just admitted Badel makes things up. And don’t worry I’m not going to get into yet another back and forth but this is once again semantics. Badel talks about value of the player which doesn’t equal salary which Badel is using to be salary…in other words, masquerading his opinion as fact. Or for simplicity, pulling a figure out of his butt.

But because he’s ‘hard working’, making stuff up is once again ok.

Seriously? He’s literally just admitted Badel makes things up. And don’t worry I’m not going to get into yet another back and forth but this is once again semantics. Badel talks about value of the player which doesn’t equal salary which Badel is using to be salary…in other words, masquerading his opinion as fact. Or for simplicity, pulling a figure out of his butt.

He has a job to do, he does it, we lap it up. Half the time he gets it right, the other half he doesn't. It beats the shit out of complete silence and getting no info. He cops shit because he speculates, just like we do, except we have no inside info or access to the sources he does.
There would be just as much outrage, if not more, if there was complete silence around player contracts, especially the ones who show promise that we all want info about.

He has a job to do, he does it, we lap it up. Half the time he gets it right, the other half he doesn't. It beats the shit out of complete silence and getting no info.

What info though have we exactly got? It literally boils down to, Broncos have tabled an offer and Cobbo will likely accept once negotiations are done. I could have told you that.

What info though have we exactly got? It literally boils down to, Broncos have tabled an offer and Cobbo will likely accept once negotiations are done. I could have told you that.
And i would read it with interest, especially if i know you have access to people on the inside, and you have on occasion delivered reliable news in the past. Of course I would take that info with a grain of salt as well. I also don't feel like you deserve to be shit on for sharing your speculation.

Should be on less than Coates is at the Storm, that should be the barometer.
Has the potential to play centre , wing and FB .
Coates - wing only .

Try comparing . Apples and apples . Not peaches and lemons . LOL .

And i would read it with interest, especially if i know you have access to people on the inside, and you have on occasion delivered reliable news in the past. Of course I would take that info with a grain of salt as well. I also don't feel like you deserve to be shit on for sharing your speculation.

The issue is with speculation masquerading as fact. Anyway, as I said, I will leave it.

holy crap thank you. I was just about to say that. That whole paragraph mchunt spewed read just like a politician trying to justify a lie they got caught out on.

The sheer amount of mental gymnastics just to basically say you lie and are full of shit but try to sound smart while doing it to so dumb people just buy what your saying.

The article is literally worded so people think the figure reported will be what he is getting payed. Its not until you challenge it you then have reporters come out and say well that's not exactly how its worded.

Its sole purpose of been written that way is to lead ppl into thinking the figure is accurate.

Make whatever excuses you want about needing to churn out articles and doing it for the fans etc etc. Its a scummy practice that more and more people every year are starting to smarten up to.

Sorry about rant i have not had my coffee yet so I must be cranky.

He is twice the player Coates is. I always take the value these muppets put on the contracts with a grain of salt. By the end of the year it'll fluctuate between this and North of 800k a year every second week. He'll go from happy to wanting to leave when we lose a couple of games.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Aldo
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Morkel
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • westy316
  • BroncoFan94
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BruiserMk1
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.