Broncos 2012/13 Offseason Thread

Glenn, Thaiday & Parker are all 80 minute players.

If you play Thaiday and Glenn as edge/loose forwards then definitely. But I think we lack the size this year to allow us 2 edge running second rowers.

I'd like to see Thaiday play inside Reed on the left side and Glenn inside Hodges on the right.

I'm real nervous about our front row rotation. Last year that was our downfall. First 20 mins we could play Top 4 intensity against the Storm, Sea Eagles and Bulldogs (we blew them off the park in those late rounds) but once Petero (McGuire now) and Hannant came off, Lui and Dodds would take our forward game back to Qld cup.

You're confusing me here subs (not hard but still :laugh:).

So basically you want the best 17 (don't we all?) but failing that you want a bench that masks our inadequacies in the front row?

Ideally, I still believe that's a 2 prop, Gillett & a utility formation. If Hala can find form, I believe he'll be the perfect bench prop and the second spot can go to either Dodds, J. Wallace or Anderson pending on what the coach wants/who is in better form.

I think what threw me was the question about Timu. Caleb isn't a prop, he's an edge running forward through and through, that's how he scored so many tries. He could make the transition to prop, but like Thaiday, it'd be a waste of his talent/isn't ideal.

we dont need our props getting burnt out again. we saw that mcguire was lacking in the back end of the season this year because of that huge workload over origin.

they can be 60min+ players in the games that REALLY matter at the end of the year.

Just to let everyone know, fox sports 1 has a NRL summertime special on the broncos tonight at 7pm. A look into how there pre season is going, should be good.

Just to let everyone know, fox sports 1 has a NRL summertime special on the broncos tonight at 7pm. A look into how there pre season is going, should be good.

Thanks for the heads up. There's also a couple of broncos games on after.

Whoever watches please give us a summary.
Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express

i agree. i'll trust the club to make the right decision.

sounds like hodgo is fitter than he's ever been in pre-season. regardless of where he plays this is excellent news.

i am really getting excited about 2013. i feel like things are happening.

Hodges is going the be the games best player next season.

I don't have faith that Hodges can get through the season without being injured..moving him to fullback would be a big call I think

I am very biased when it comes to Hodges :thumbup1:

I wrote up a basic summary on LU but the basic gist of SummerTime was that they interviewed Parker, Glenn, McCullough, Thaiday, Hodges & Griffen - recapped 2012, asked them about their preparation, asked them about Prince, Kearney & the up and comers and that was the show.

The most interesting interview of the entire show was from Parker and that's only because he emphasised how much the Broncos have been working on the wrestle.

Timu was spoken up by Alex Glenn & the nickname for Kearney is mooks.

It was okay weird seeing Prince in the colours tho

On moreton island til
Tomorrow but have it taped at home

Dying for some Broncos action?

Not the best game, but always good to see some old names and faces. Love how even when we're getting belted we still throw it around and really trouble their defence late in the game.

That half also makes me sad about O'Neil. He could have been one of the greats. Awesome kicking game, one of the best in the club's history.

Last edited by a moderator:

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.