Broncos - 2015 Discussion

lol @ Griffin's 'fat club' .... on a brighter note, interesting tweet just now from Gus

• 0 retweets0 favoritesReply
    Retweet
    Favorite
    More

• Phil Gould AM@Gus10Gould 2m2 minutes ago
    Phil Gould AM retweeted Andrew Hayman
    '88 Bulldogs '91 Panthers '98 Roosters '02 Roosters '03 Roosters '04 Roosters .. Best I've seen? '98 Broncos
    Phil Gould AM added,
    Andrew Hayman
    @amdy985
    @Gus10Gould What do you think is the best side (skill-wise) that you have ever been apart of? (coaching, playing)? And the best you've seen?

HOLY **** Griffin. How hard is it to listen to ur players and make some common sense calls. 98 kilos?! Maranta was a nothing player and we all scrutinised him, but the real enemy was his coach.

So glad that's behind us now..

So I watched the game and was thinking the whole time, is it these jerseys or are our boys looking very fucking fit not muscle bound potato boys but lean hard well oiled units. Then I come on here and read this and I think you fucking shit head what the hell where you thinking Hook. Making them pack on the pounds did nothing but allow us to not finish games week in week out. God but glad it over now. Good work Maranta and all the boys for getting their shit together.:clap2:

I have a feeling this is what the team would have looked like in a few years if Griffin stayed as coach..

image005.jpg

Maybe Griffin thought that if he got the players big enough, their combined body mass would cover the entire goal line and they could keep teams out that way..

Last edited:
Seriously some of you guys need to move on ...

Griffin is GONE

Bennett is Back

We are on top of the ladder ...

Life is good

I'm obviously stoked that Bennett is back and that we are on the top of the ladder etc. however I don't think that erases the horror that was Griffin. It's frightening to think where we would have ended up of he stayed and the damage that would have been done to the players careers.

I'm obviously stoked that Bennett is back and that we are on the top of the ladder etc. however I don't think that erases the horror that was Griffin. It's frightening to think where we would have ended up of he stayed and the damage that would have been done to the players careers.

The horror that was Henjak was far far worse than the horror that was Griffin. But nobody complained about him or dwelled on him anywhere near as much as they dwell on the Griffin years.

Bennett has even said that the team wasn't the basket case that some people made them out to be ... He just needed to tinker with a few things and the results are showing. If the club was do far off the pace, there is no way he would have been able to get us where we are now in such a short space of time.

Slimmer Thaiday To Be Rewarded With New Contract

"He hasn't signed yet and he's probably a couple of weeks from putting pen to paper, but I understand he's agreed to a three-year deal at Brisbane, starting from next year," he told Triple M Brisbane's Grill Team.

"This will make him a one-club player."

It's coming from Dobbo so who knows, not sure I'm cool with a 3 year deal.. I think 1-2 would've sufficed, who knows what his form will be like when he's 33 years old, he might be completely useless and just a burden to our salary cap by that point.

If Broncos win their remaining home games, that will be their longest winning streak at Lang Park/Suncorp in their history.

The longest winning streak is 10 set in 90/91.

The closest they have come to beating that was in 2011 when they won 9 straight home games after their loss to Manly in Round 12. Unfortunately, their loss to the Cowboys in Round 2 of 2012 ended that streak

They have won 7 straight home games this year.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Griffo
  • Bish
  • BooKhaki
  • Harry Sack
  • Xzei
  • IceWorks
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • cento
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.