Broncos 2020 Squad

Seibold has already ruled Boyd out of every position except centre. Playing Bird or Staggs off the bench initially seems like a waste, but at least it gives the rest of the 1-5 a run in their long-term positions. Bird/Staggs will almost certainly outplay Boyd, even coming off the bench, and it'll give Seibold every excuse to shift Boyd out of the 17 on merit.
I'd say Boyd 100% fit and in a good state of mind can play centre well and has in the past (granted a fair while back) been better than either. Whether that Boyd is there for round 1, will very likely be found out during the trials.
Unlike a lot of people I think it has been a combination of too early a return from injury or play with injury, and some serious mental demons that have screwed him over but I stand ready to clean the egg off my face with a fairly large spatula, so we'll see.

I'd say Boyd 100% fit and in a good state of mind can play centre well and has in the past (granted a fair while back) been better than either. Whether that Boyd is there for round 1, will very likely be found out during the trials.
Unlike a lot of people I think it has been a combination of too early a return from injury or play with injury, and some serious mental demons that have screwed him over but I stand ready to clean the egg off my face with a fairly large spatula, so we'll see.
If the teams we verse in the trials are smart they will let boyd nab 5 or 6 tries per game and never miss a tackle. Then when they play him in the NRL they have a swinging door to look forward to.

Actually I take that back. Boyd isn't a swinging door. He's an automatic door that opens without needing to be touched.

If the teams we verse in the trials are smart they will let boyd nab 5 or 6 tries per game and never miss a tackle. Then when they play him in the NRL they have a swinging door to look forward to.
If the teams are smart they will do their best to earn, or show they are worthy of 1st grade spots of their own. If Boyd fails to defend he loses his spot, same as staggs, bird and everyone else fighting for one.
To earn a spot you have to be fit enough to play and then show that you can. Boyd and others have ticked one box but the other is just as important.

An "exclusive" interview where Seibold reveals what's been known for months now because it's not the first time he has said it...

Has Mr Anthony lightened his hair in that clip?

Why do I get this terrible feeling that McCullough is going to be named at 9 in Round 1..

Why do I get this terrible feeling that McCullough is going to be named at 9 in Round 1..

I think if it happens he’ll be used as a buffer to allow Turps to work into longer minutes week in week out without exhausting himself during the opening parts of the game. As Wolfie and co have said, Turps hasn’t got the gas yet for a full 80 in the style he plays at hooker.

Similarly to Boyd, he’ll be gradually decreased depending on team make up with either Bird or Paix at 14 and Turpin starting.

Don’t get me wrong like a lot people I’d love to see a team free of both of them to start round 1 as a signal for a bit of a new start but I’m being pragmatic

Just saw that Patrick Mago is in the Souths 9's squad, had no idea that's where he went.

Best of luck to him, solid player.

Pretty big wrap on Paix saying he’s in the Damien Cook mould.

He must be a good chance of being our #14 as an impact hooker. Macca may be in Q Cup.. Or we could see him starting at lock..
[automerge]1581380349[/automerge]
Just saw that Patrick Mago is in the Souths 9's squad, had no idea that's where he went.

Best of luck to him, solid player.

Have always liked Mago. I think he’ll be a decent chance of playing for Souths due to them losing two Burgess brothers and Sutton.

Last edited:

Every time I look at pre-peason pics of Milf I'm impressed, can't wait to see what he can do this year.

My early prediction is that he'll win Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year.

He must be a good chance of being our #14 as an impact hooker. Macca may be in Q Cup.. Or we could see him starting at lock..
[automerge]1581380349[/automerge]

Have always liked Mago. I think he’ll be a decent chance of playing for Souths due to them losing two Burgess brothers and Sutton.

Macca at lock would be a waste of a position when there’s Ofa on 500k and Carrigan. But yeah Paix must be a good shot of making it, I think Seibold is very deliberate with what he puts out in the media. Keen to see how Paix goes and how quick he is in the 9’s anyway.

View attachment 7098

Every time I look at pre-peason pics of Milf I'm impressed, can't wait to see what he can do this year.

My early prediction is that he'll win Dally M Five-Eighth of the Year.

Fitness levels up, genuine halfback alongside him, hopefully he’ll be enjoying football more than he has for a while.

Last edited:
Macca at lock would be a waste of a position when there’s Ofa on 500k and Carrigan. But yeah Paix must be a good shot of making it, I think Seibold is very deliberate with what he puts out in the media. Keen to see how Paix goes and how quick he is in the 9’s anyway.

He’s quick in a run but I thought last season his decision making slowed him up. Good hookers don’t have unsuccessful runs because they only run when it’s on. I found Paix wasn’t too sure and then didn’t run.

Final against Tweed came off the bench to make an impact and ran 11m in 30 minutes and one kick. Just too passive from a bench hooker.

Richards is determine to make him a hooker, he picked him there in 2018 for Queensland with Boyd and Deaden at half.

Nines might get his confidence up but it won’t be a real economy because every ruck will mean run.

He’s quick in a run but I thought last season his decision making slowed him up. Good hookers don’t have unsuccessful runs because they only run when it’s on. I found Paix wasn’t too sure and then didn’t run.

Final against Tweed came off the bench to make an impact and ran 11m in 30 minutes and one kick. Just too passive from a bench hooker.

Richards is determine to make him a hooker, he picked him there in 2018 for Queensland with Boyd and Deaden at half.

Nines might get his confidence up but it won’t be a real economy because every ruck will mean run.

He had some nice touches in Q Cup, few nice assists and some smart plays. He's been a half, so he might just need time to adjust.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.