Broncos Affiliate North's Devils move to Dolphins

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017

Hadn't seen this posted anywhere, if it is then please delete this, but was curious as to the implications of this move for the Broncos - apparently Norths Devils going to become a feeder team for the Dolphins instead of us?

We've pulled Jock Madden and Xavier Willison effective immediately from Norths - are there any other Broncos players there that will be affected?

Will us consolidating our top 30 squad members into less feeder clubs so they can play together more actually help us in the long term? Or is this a big blow that is going to affect our development and recruitment of young talent?

I don't know much about the whole feeder club / affiliate setup for Brisbane so am not sure how this is going to play out for us.

I guess it makes sense for them. Redcliffe is essentially just a glorified North Brisbane.

Somebody get Jack Reed on the line immediately to get them back.

Since 2008? So basicaslly they've done nothing for us. SEEEEEEEEEYA

Well now here’s something uncomfortable. I just cannot fathom having to support Logan or Wynnum. As a Northsider this is not good, not good at all.

I mean let's be honest here, before this news, how many of us actually cared that much about any Q Cup team? Sure we care abut our Broncos playing there but that actual club? I doubt many if any gave it more than one thought.

So what's wrong with the other two feeder clubs we have on our books?

I wonder where the North players will end up? There's really only two they need to place now that Piakura looks like an established starter. Nonetheless, these are the three who've had time in the Cup:

Devils:
Half: Jock Madden
Prop: Willison
2nd Row: Piakura

And here are our stakes in the other two teams. Guess it might be a question of whether Kevvie would like more of our boys under Hunt at the Magpies, but maybe moving Madden to partner Rogers at Manly might pay off. As would having Willison partner with Jensen.

Magpies
Hooker: Mozer, Paix
Wing: Pereira
Centre/Wing: Arthars
Fullback: Sailor
Prop: Te Kura, Bayliss-Brow

Seagulls:
Centre: Hoeter, Mariner
Hooker: Smoothy
Half: Rogers
Prop: Palasia, Jensen
2nd Row: Brendan Frei

I wonder where the North players will end up? There's really only two they need to place now that Piakura looks like an established starter. Nonetheless, these are the three who've had time in the Cup:

Devils:
Half: Jock Madden
Prop: Willison
2nd Row: Piakura

And here are our stakes in the other two teams. Guess it might be a question of whether Kevvie would like more of our boys under Hunt at the Magpies, but maybe moving Madden to partner Rogers at Manly might pay off. As would having Willison partner with Jensen.

Magpies
Hooker: Mozer, Paix
Wing: Pereira
Centre/Wing: Arthars
Fullback: Sailor
Prop: Te Kura, Bayliss-Brow

Seagulls:
Centre: Hoeter, Mariner
Hooker: Smoothy
Half: Rogers
Prop: Palasia, Jensen
2nd Row: Brendan Frei
It looks obvious just looking at it that North's were getting the skeleton crew compared to the other two anyway which have way more players.

It looks obvious just looking at it that North's were getting the skeleton crew compared to the other two anyway which have way more players.

It's as close to evenly split as possible with the 33 players but sometimes it can't be even when clubs have players that go to the Broncos- Souths have Sailor and Bayliss who were Magpies before Broncos. So that inflates Souths' numbers but it's otherwise 10 or so each.

Norths had some big names but that's not a lot of help because you'll never get them- Madden, Willison, Walsh, Capewell, Farnworth, Riki, Piakura, Taupau and Staggs

It's as close to evenly split as possible with the 33 players but sometimes it can't be even when clubs have players that go to the Broncos- Souths have Sailor and Bayliss who were Magpies before Broncos. So that inflates Souths' numbers but it's otherwise 10 or so each.

maybe officially it is 10 each.

but Norths, had mainly NRL players assigned to them ... and NRL players that would be unlikely to be dropped.

of the fringe players and developmental players, the majority of them went to Souths and Wynnum

maybe officially it is 10 each.

but Norths, had mainly NRL players assigned to them ... and NRL players that would be unlikely to be dropped.

of the fringe players and developmental players, the majority of them went to Souths and Wynnum

Thanks for clearing that up and saying exactly what I just told you.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • Howie
  • Jason Simmons
  • BruiserMk1
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • johnny plath
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.