RUMOUR Broncos After Ivan And Nathan Clearly Report

Well you can believe that but I won’t.

look up the term breech of contract ... it'll take about 1 second on google.

Let's use Ivan for example ...

If he decides he no longer wants to coach the Tigers, and does not get released officially (which at this stage is the case, with the Tigers stating he won't get one) ... then it will take the Tigers all of 10 seconds to get an injunction preventing him from coaching any other team until his Tigers contract would have expired (so, for the 2021 season).

@Morkel could be right and they will eventually relent and agree to a release ... but trust me when i tell you, that if it ends up in court Ivan will not stand a chance should he attempt to walk out of his Tigers contract to coach the Panthers, without that release. not to mention that i doubt the NRL would even allow such a scenario to occur.

if you want another example,

SBW walked out of his Bulldogs contract for french rugby union. The Bulldogs went to court and successfully got an injunction to stop him lining up for any other club... it ended up settled with SBW reportedly having to pay the Bulldogs 750k and give an agreement not to play for another NRL club until his contract would have expired.

to believe that legally binding contracts are worthless is just deluding yourself.

In Nathans case, we can't officially even offer him a contract until November 1 (we can talk to him, just not offer him a contract), and that offer would have to be for 2020. we are also not permitted under NRL rules to try and entice him to break his Panthers contract

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • ostin86
  • Lozza
  • broncos4life
  • Porthoz
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Morkel
  • Turks85
  • broncsgoat
  • Rookie Alan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.