Broncos cap spending

Has Lodge gone under the knife for his ACL though?
You would have to believe he's had quality medical advice and were it neccessary, surgery. I know I know, Broncos medical staff yada yada yada.

Lodge never had surgery for the ACL, he only had surgery to repair the MCL tear.

It's expected that all of the time off will help the ACL (and the leg fracture, lol) be essentially back to 100% by the time pre-season rolls around.

Lodge never had surgery for the ACL, he only had surgery to repair the MCL tear.

It's expected that all of the time off will help the ACL (and the leg fracture, lol) be essentially back to 100% by the time pre-season rolls around.
Whilst its okay to not get the surgery, I think its pretty stupid not to at professional level. Lots of physios push for the non-surgery route, but the risk is always there. Yes, the muscles around the ACL will over compensate, but the tear will never untear itself.

A great example is what happened to world champ surfer John John Florence when he did his ACL in 2018. Came back post ACL, after opting not to go under and doing 12 months of physio. Body top condition, was winning everything and then 4 months into 2019, boom, re-injured same thing on a pretty run of the mill turn. Had to re-start entire process.

An athletes time is short lived. I hope Matt doesnt have the same bad luck, but dodgy knees have a tendancy for being absolute dickheads. Going under is never a 100% guarantee, Jack bird will attest to that. But its better than not going under.

Just my take on Lodge but I think the claim about him being unsuited to the new rules is hard to justify. In my opinion he hasn't had a fair chance to play under the new rules. I can't understand how people can buy into the narrative that he's not suitable when he was so severely hampered by injury.

I think he'll be great value in 21 given an injury free run.
This...im prepared to let Lodge prove he isnt suited to the 6-again rules first before writing him off...

Here is what Lodge himself has said about it all...

He has had surgery and his post surgery scans show his injuries have healed completely and he is good to go for 2021.

So it appears time will tell how ‘suited’ he is...

Attachments

• D105B793-E6C0-4F4E-8B28-0DB3C62AEAE0.png
    D105B793-E6C0-4F4E-8B28-0DB3C62AEAE0.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 116
  • 392C429E-CCF4-4669-9F72-05A2CEC1777C.png
    392C429E-CCF4-4669-9F72-05A2CEC1777C.png
    460.7 KB · Views: 119
We have the worst medical staff in the comp! How is this possible

It feels like we have the worst everything in the comp: medical staff, recruitment and retention staff, fitness staff, and up until a couple of months ago, the worst coaching staff (and Kevvie and co are still an unknown). It is an utter disgrace. It's like the club as a whole just dropped their heads and threw in the towel after 2015. Even Bennett was like "Aight, imma head out....Again."

My patience as a supporter has never been more tested. It's any wonder they don't have this shit marching down to their shiny, precious training facility:

WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif

I have to wonder how much of the lack of effort in these things relate to the NRL bringing in rules to hinder us when we had the best of everything. The coaching cap is the most recent thing that punishes us or stops us from using the money the club earns, getting a monster forward pack and the rules being changed mid-season is another one. Like, why bother? I’m not one to make excuses for these dick heads running the club into the ground and I know this isn’t great reasoning, but why bother? The comp is rigged anyway. We could be the best and they wouldn’t let us succeed. Add to that a board that has no clue about what they’re doing and it’s a recipe for disaster.

I have to wonder how much of the lack of effort in these things relate to the NRL bringing in rules to hinder us when we had the best of everything. The coaching cap is the most recent thing that punishes us or stops us from using the money the club earns, getting a monster forward pack and the rules being changed mid-season is another one. Like, why bother? I’m not one to make excuses for these dick heads running the club into the ground and I know this isn’t great reasoning, but why bother? The comp is rigged anyway. We could be the best and they wouldn’t let us succeed. Add to that a board that has no clue about what they’re doing and it’s a recipe for disaster.
Well it’s starting to hit the nrl in the hip pockets and sham v’landys was starting to squirm in his seat when he mentioned Brisbane sucking wasn’t good for business.
They want us to be competitive but not good enough to win it, Win win for them.

conspiracy? Nah it’s obvious to me the timing of every new rule from cap to staff cap to 6 again has always been perfectly timed to not suit us in the slightest.

in fact the only thing thats enjoyable about the nrl/broncos is this BHQ.

It feels like we have the worst everything in the comp: medical staff, recruitment and retention staff, fitness staff, and up until a couple of months ago, the worst coaching staff (and Kevvie and co are still an unknown). It is an utter disgrace. It's like the club as a whole just dropped their heads and threw in the towel after 2015. Even Bennett was like "Aight, imma head out....Again."

My patience as a supporter has never been more tested. It's any wonder they don't have this shit marching down to their shiny, precious training facility:

WaterloggedSpiritedIndianspinyloach-size_restricted.gif
Sorry that is just wrong. I am a Bennett critic but that is just untrue, he was actively trying to remain.

It feels like we have the worst everything in the comp: medical staff, recruitment and retention staff, fitness staff, and up until a couple of months ago, the worst coaching staff (and Kevvie and co are still an unknown).
Agree with this. Seibold was the worst coach and had to go but there’s a lot of issues left behind. Don’t forget the admin!

Last edited:
I’m not one to make excuses for these dick heads running the club into the ground
Proceeds to push a conspiracy theory.

Get a grip. Every club wins a spoon and gets their comeuppance. Learn from it and move on.

If you can't adapt, just give up. Is that your line of thinking?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.