NEWS Broncos captain annoints "new Sonny Bill"

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Jordan Riki will wear the No. 12 tonight alongside his captain Alex Glenn in his 267th game for Brisbane. Glenn speaks highly of his countryman, comparing him favourably to another:

“Jordan idolises Sonny Bill Williams and I see some of SBW’s attributes in his game. He is six (foot) three or six four, he is very agile, has footwork and an offload. He has a long career ahead and the best thing about Jordan is he’s always willing to learn."

“He hasn’t got a big head. He has played for the Maori All Stars, but he is still very humble and still eager to learn, I love that about Jordan. You want your younger players coming in and not thinking they know everything."

Jordan Rikis

Out with the old: predecessor attempts to count to 12

“The best thing is he is playing in a position I know a lot about, so it’s good to be able to mentor him and give him advice on little areas in the game he can improve on. We want to see players like Jordan play for the Broncos for 10 years-plus so I’d like to mentor guys like him.”

Walters:

“He finished last season off in the back row and did a great job in the last five games. From what we saw in the All Stars game last Saturday night, he didn’t look out of his depth. Jordan is a good young player and we are fortunate to have some senior role models in Alex (Glenn) and Ben Te‘o to mentor him and guide him through the pathway we expect to be a long career at the Broncos. We need to remember he has just turned 21, so he has a lot of football in front of him. His mindset is powerful and he wants to get better which I’m really impressed with. He is a big body, so he’s ideal to have in the side.”

McHunt

Young backrower = Next SBW
Young prop = Next Webcke/Civoniceva
Young hooker = Next Smith
Young halfback = Next Cronk/JT/Langer
Young five-eighth = Next Lockyer
Young fullback = Next Lockyer/Slater

Is that lipstick?
Was gonna say they look like a fucking boyband. They are meant to be rugby league players yet I’ll bet they’re wearing perfume right now lol.

Let me know when they name the next Scott Minto, then I might be impressed.

How bout something radical here? Why do we not unearth the next Gilly, Gary Larson, Dallas Johnson ? You know, blokes with a bit of work ethic, pride in their performance, never let you down types. No tatts, pretty boy hair-dos, shaved legs in those blokes, just plenty of mongrel tough.

Unread

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • bert_lifts
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • ChewThePhatt
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • Dee
  • The True King
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.