International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Broncos centre James Roberts on a crash course with coach Seibold

Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
8/5/2019

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate this attitude. Don't release him to Souths. Only let him go if it's back to the club he came from, then maybe he'll see how lucky he was. How is Badel's record? Is this just a journo making stuff up? Anyway I said it a few weeks back but it's a sad state of affairs where underperforming players are having a fucking sook because they have been dropped. And they wonder why they get called generation snowflake.

“Jimmy should consider a change because under Seibold the Broncos aren’t using him in the way they should.

“He needs to get the ball more regularly. If I was an inside back, I’d be feeding Roberts the ball every set.
Another expert who sounds like they've barely watched a game of ours in the last three years.

Roberts got hardly any ball under Bennett either.

Ok James ... of you want to sulk because you were dropped for poor form, then fine ... go and find a club willing to take a chance on you (given your off field record), get them to pick up the full tab on your contract and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out.

until that time, get used to playing ISC

“Jimmy should consider a change because under Seibold the Broncos aren’t using him in the way they should.

“He needs to get the ball more regularly. If I was an inside back, I’d be feeding Roberts the ball every set.

They weren't using him the way they should under Bennett either.

This guy needs to stop spending so much time on Twitter speaking shit and actually watch the games.

The Broncos don't need to get Roberts more involved at all.

Look at Latrell, he had 7 runs on the weekend and had 3 tries & 2 try assists, Roberts had 11 runs on the weekend for literally nothing. Roberts needs to do more with the touches he does get, and also needs to go looking for more work, like Oates does.

We have these niche plays that have Oates ending up on the right side of the field running off Milford short balls, we allow Bird the freedom to run literally whenever and wherever he wants, sometimes ending up on the opposite side of the field for a couple of plays. Are you telling me that Jimmy doesn't have this option available to him? The only reason he's stuck on the right edge and "not getting enough ball" is because he's the laziest fast person I know.

So why did Badel quote ropeable??

He didn't offer a source... didn't even mention a Broncos insider. Who the **** said he was ropeable Peter?!?!

I wonder if it was along the lines of
PB to courier fail central: "anyone know how Roberts feels about getting dropped??"
"He's probably pretty fucking pissed off"
"Can you be less explicit I need to quote it, no one at the Broncos talks to me anymore"
"He's fucking ropeable mate"
"Perfect... thought he might be"
Editor:"run it.. Petey B give me 600 words!!"

Last edited:
Boyd sounds like Bennett did last year when he downplays the team's and individual's performance/s. Never talks about the team's performance in a meaningful sense, just downplays it as basically 'just a game', that there are more important things than footy, looking after yourself with contracts, and personal development. That's true in sense, but guess what? Hundreds of thousands/ millions of fans dedicate time and money to watch you play with the hope that the team will succeed, so for you there really isn't anything more important than your and your team's performance as it's your fucking job. Just like for a solicitor there's nothing more important than their client.

Last edited:
So why did Badel quote ropeable??

He didn't offer a source... didn't even mention a Broncos insider. Who the **** said he was ropeable Peter?!?!

I wonder if it was along the lines of
PB to courier fail central: "anyone know how Roberts feels about getting dropped??"
"He's probably pretty fucking pissed off"
"Can you be less explicit I need to quote it, no one at the Broncos talks to me anymore"
"He's fucking ropeable mate"
"Perfect... thought he might be"
Editor:"run it.. Petey B give me 600 words!!"
This. Wouldn't believe this **** coming out of Badel's mouth.

unfortunately with Roberts, he's just never developed outside of being blisteringly quick. it's not like he has a great fend or step or can hit a great hole, if he doesnt have space to run around his opposite number he's next to useless.

that's on him, not on the team.

Get rid of this ungrateful prick, just make sure we aren’t paying a cent. I would rather pay him to rot in ISC than pay a cent for him to play elsewhere. He can be a last depth option for all the ***** I could give.

They weren't using him the way they should under Bennett either.

This guy needs to stop spending so much time on Twitter speaking shit and actually watch the games.
Good luck using someone that doesn’t want to do the work

He needs to get himself injury free before he does anything else. This Achilles issue has been going on for way too long. Doesn't matter if he leaves or not, he will never be as good as he can be playing with that injury.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Matheos
  • TimWhatley
  • Bish
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Broncorob
  • Financeguy
  • Santa
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.