NEWS Broncos centre James Roberts on a crash course with coach Seibold

I think the whole Achilles issue is cover for his pathetic attitude. Its a crutch he can use to explain his lack of effort in defence. The guy is close to the fastest in the game but when have you seen him chase anyone down after a break. He jogs everytime. He has weak will and it shows in every aspect of his life.

I thought him falling off the wagon was just an error in judgement but now i see it for it is. A guy who can't stand any criticism. A guy who would need Wayne like he needs the bottle.

He needs to get himself injury free before he does anything else. This Achilles issue has been going on for way too long. Doesn't matter if he leaves or not, he will never be as good as he can be playing with that injury.

The drinking would probably be helping with the recovery process.

He needs to get himself injury free before he does anything else. This Achilles issue has been going on for way too long. Doesn't matter if he leaves or not, he will never be as good as he can be playing with that injury.
he had it last year, why didnt the club put him under the knife. it boggles the mind that we're like nah it's sweet, few weeks off should do it.

You have to have the maturity & dedication to manage a proper recovery, there aren't any shortcuts he can take.

I’d personally love it if he was lived, it would represent an actual care factor. But somehow I doubt he even cares. His actions speak for themselves. He stumbles around the park with his hands consistently on his hips.

Kudos to Seibs for taking a stance, this will either make or break his Broncos career. That is unless of course he’s intentionally doing his best to be released to the rabbits

Ps, also agree that if we release him, under NO circumstances should we pay any of his salary.

If you don't put in you don't play, whether or not you have dad issues. Roberts's defensive slackness screwed the team last week. Who the **** does he think he is?
It's purely my opinion but I believe he is stinking it up on purpose. To get a release with us picking up a very significant % of his salary for the next 2.75 years.

Setbacks and how one reacts are a good measure of a person. Of course some need a little extra care or support, but James needs to stand on his own two feet, accept the situation, even if he disagrees with it, and do everything he can to get back to being the player he was at one point. He fixes his attitude, everything else will fall into place.

Honestly if Wayne really wants to help him, he should say ‘No. Stay in Brisbane and get your act together.’ But he won’t, because Wayne seems to love having his little acolytes follow him everywhere.

I don't think Roberts really fits into what Seibold is trying to bring, he's probably gotta go too. With Wayne and our spine under him, we seemed to rely on big individual efforts a lot of the time. With Seibold, he seems really keen to bring structure, and Roberts just doesn't work under that IMO.

I don't think Roberts really fits into what Seibold is trying to bring, he's probably gotta go too. With Wayne and our spine under him, we seemed to rely on big individual efforts a lot of the time. With Seibold, he seems really keen to bring structure, and Roberts just doesn't work under that IMO.

This.

Structure. This is why teams like the Rabbitohs, Roosters and Storm don't really lose anything when they have injuries outside of their spine, because everyone knows the structure and others just plug in there. The lack of it is the reason we look like a busted arse once we get one or two injuries. People marvel at how those teams can make park footy players look like world beaters, structure.

Setbacks and how one reacts are a good measure of a person. Of course some need a little extra care or support, but James needs to stand on his own two feet, accept the situation, even if he disagrees with it, and do everything he can to get back to being the player he was at one point. He fixes his attitude, everything else will fall into place.

Honestly if Wayne really wants to help him, he should say ‘No. Stay in Brisbane and get your act together.’ But he won’t, because Wayne seems to love having his little acolytes follow him everywhere.
Has he ever actually represented value for money for us. Other than the odd spectacular try on the rare occasions he is on, he does not seem to offer much. There is a lack of work ethic and commitment and he is a real defensive liability. If he wants to go and clearly he does, let him go.

Has he ever actually represented value for money for us. Other than the odd spectacular try on the rare occasions he is on, he does not seem to offer much. There is a lack of work ethic and commitment and he is a real defensive liability. If he wants to go and clearly he does, let him go.

He's got us out of trouble a couple of times, but you're right, he's not very consistent. Like sometimes we seem to be completely stuck in our own end, and you start wishing that he'll create something out of nothing, but it's hardly reliable.

He has produced a lot of match winning efforts. He is a huge clutch player.

We would have lost a lot more games over the past few years without him.

Last edited:

Not just structure, he seems to expect effort as well, not just on the field but in training and apparently Jimmy does not want to do that. We have a bit of our own mini Hayne scenario going on unfortunately.

Gotta wonder how he'd go on the wing tbh. He isn't much of a centre really. Pretty sketchy in defense, I don't think he has more than a couple of try assists to his entire career and he doesn't scoot out of DH like Hodges used to do. Throw the princess on the wing, get him scoring some tries that way and see what that does for his confidence. But if he genuinely doesn't want to be here, for whatever reason then...bye Felicia.

I really can't see a way forward for him except head down bum up and earn your money and earn back some respect.
Why would Souths as a club want him back? They are travelling well and are clearly in the top 2 sides so why would they invite potential trouble especially if the rumours are right about signing Latrell. They will need every spare cent and I wouldn't think they would even entertain the idea of Roberts.
If Mitchell flat out says no to the Bunnies and resigns with the Chooks then there might be a glimmer of hope for him but that's a big if.

I just hope we don't bend over and let another club have him while we pay a portion of his contract.

Sack the drunk
He has had more second chances than he deserves. No pay out is needed. Maybe a harsh reality in not getting paid as an nrl footballer might put this sooks priorities a bit more straight.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Harry Sack
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Culhwch
  • mystico
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.