NEWS Broncos centre James Roberts on a crash course with coach Seibold

**** off Mundine. He doesn’t live in the real world and it’s no wonder that James is having trouble in his current position if he’s in his ear. Guarantee Mundine is talking him up and telling him how good he is, and Seibold is probably just a racist flog.

I wonder now that Souths are no chance, would Bennett give Jimmy a call and tell him the Broncos system is where he’s likely to get the support he needs?

That’s a cool story from Mundine but no teams in Sydney have hinted at signing Roberts. What’s he gonna do down there, work in a cafe?

So Mundine is enabling his piss poor attitude instead of telling him to fight for his spot back... basically when it's too hard just give up.

I suppose not drinking is too hard as well so maybe Jimmy should just give up and get on the piss again

Seriously Mundine is a fucking cancer how can anyone take him seriously and think he has their best interest at heart

Seriously
Anthony Mundone **** all of what he ever claimed to achieve. If Anthony is in your corner, it's time to buy a mirror so you can see where it all went wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
So Mundine is enabling his piss poor attitude instead of telling him to fight for his spot back... basically when it's too hard just give up.

I suppose not drinking is too hard as well so maybe Jimmy should just give up and get on the piss again

Seriously Mundine is a fucking cancer how can anyone take him seriously and think he has their best interest at heart
SBW and Hodges were both good friends with Mundine. Didn't affect their careers.

Guess the lights haven't come back on since Jeff Horn turned them off.

SBW and Hodges were both good friends with Mundine. Didn't affect their careers.
I think you could easily argue it did. The move to the roosters by hodges and to France by SBW were both extremly poorly managed. Their careers were amazing regardless due to their talent and determination. Lesser talent or determination may have led to moves handled like them ruining a player's career. Mundine may or may not have influenced these moves, but its a strong chance he did considering his influence on these guys.

Are you sure?

To be fair, no I'm not. But I could've sworn that he was. I found this recent article which sort of implies that he's Indigenous, but doesn't actually say it, I can't really find anything regarding his heritage apart from the fact that he has a German grandfather.

Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold answers call to help young student bring people together

Brayden Heslehurst, Wynnum Herald
May 2, 2019 8:00am

BRISBANE Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has answered the call to help a young student.

Charlotte Robinson, a Year 6 student from Moreton Bay College, recently wrote a letter to Seibold inviting he and any indigenous Broncos players to visit the Manly West school and talk to her and her fellow students about how their indigenous heritage influenced them.

“My name is Charlotte and I’m currently a Year 6 student at Moreton Bay College in the Bayside of Brisbane,” Charlotte said in the letter.

“My leadership role for 2019 within the primary college is the Cultural Leader and my focus is Indigenous affairs. This is because prior to my commencement at Moreton Bay College in Year 5 2018, I was selected to participate in the Solid Pathways program which is for Indigenous students.

“After much consideration from Solid Pathways and persistence from my parents, Solid Pathways allowed me to continue as the only private school student on the program.

“Through the program I have increased my knowledge on my Indigenous heritage and culture. I would like to invite any Brisbane Broncos players who have an Indigenous heritage to come and talk to the students about how their Indigenous heritage has influenced the person they have become today.”

Well Seibold and Broncos legend Justin Hodges answered the call and gave a special talk to students at Moreton Bay College on April 24.

And Charlotte said it was special to get a response to her letter and that she learned a lot from their visit.

“It’s good for people to learn about their culture and the culture of others, so they know and then respect other people,” she said.

“They took their heritage very seriously and were very proud of their indigenous background.

They also said you shouldn’t be afraid to find out about your heritage even if it’s disappeared

over time.

“Both were very open and confident in sharing the importance of their culture.”

Charlotte said she believed and hoped that sharing cultural backgrounds could help bring people together.

“I learned that is okay if people have a different background. Sometimes people are not even aware that others have a different cultural background because you can’t always tell by the way people look,” she said.

“Many people share common cultural backgrounds and don’t even realise it. It can bring people together.”

Source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/ques...r/news-story/450862fc2fbe10da936b1331e9550d80

The way I see it is Roberts is a symptom of philosophy change. As is our poor start.

I said something similar a few weeks ago Seibs expects your best every minute you show up. To train and on game day, everything about your game is measured and recorded. Hard conversations are had in systems like this because your failures are put to you to improve. Some people just can't deal with criticism, being constructive or not.

Roberts is one of these people. The moment it clicks for him and he stops looking for an easy out, his game will go to another level. Wayne didn't change Roberts as a person he was a crutch for Roberts.

Isaako may be another who has found the criticism to get in his head. His goal kicking has been poor and is an example of an internal struggle with doubt. The moment he frees himself from that doubt and realises he can be better he will be a weapon.

This probably can be said about most of our guys. Once the penny drops they can view their personal shortcomings as a challenge. They will naturally start to improve their overall performances.

Look at Offa and TPJ once the gap between their poor games and best games are nearly unnoticed they will be two of the best in the league.

Haas already has it and arguably so does Lodge, the next step for these two is to get better. The younger fellows will be the real winners here as they will have clear direction on what is needed. Staggs, Fleggler and Carrington are examples.
Isaako's poor kicking in the early rounds was because he changed his routine from last season to fit in with the new timing rules. He has since realised that he has plenty of time and has resorted back to his old kicking regime. I expect his accuracy will improve accordingly.

Isaako's poor kicking in the early rounds was because he changed his routine from last season to fit in with the new timing rules. He has since realised that he has plenty of time and has resorted back to his old kicking regime. I expect his accuracy will improve accordingly.

Interesting.

This is absolutely a thing that affects %'s by the way, it happened recently in the NBA with a few players. They disallowed players from walking beyond the 3 point line during free-throw routines, which completely changed how a few certain players had done it their whole lives. Russell Westbrook is the prime example.

Westbrook FT% by year -

2013 - 83%
2014 - 84%
2015 - 81%
2016 - 85%
-Rule change occurs between 2016 & 2017 season-
2017 - 74%
2018 - 66%

IF Mundine has become Roberts voice of reason, i feel very sorry for him. It wont be a successful path ahead. He will turn his head into a "them VS me" mentality, which is great when you've got your back up agasint the wall or want to fight..... but not great for when you need clear choices and attitude changes in a team environment.

To be fair, no I'm not. But I could've sworn that he was. I found this recent article which sort of implies that he's Indigenous, but doesn't actually say it, I can't really find anything regarding his heritage apart from the fact that he has a German grandfather.

View attachment 5184

Brisbane Broncos coach Anthony Seibold answers call to help young student bring people together

Brayden Heslehurst, Wynnum Herald
May 2, 2019 8:00am

BRISBANE Broncos coach Anthony Seibold has answered the call to help a young student.

Charlotte Robinson, a Year 6 student from Moreton Bay College, recently wrote a letter to Seibold inviting he and any indigenous Broncos players to visit the Manly West school and talk to her and her fellow students about how their indigenous heritage influenced them.

“My name is Charlotte and I’m currently a Year 6 student at Moreton Bay College in the Bayside of Brisbane,” Charlotte said in the letter.

“My leadership role for 2019 within the primary college is the Cultural Leader and my focus is Indigenous affairs. This is because prior to my commencement at Moreton Bay College in Year 5 2018, I was selected to participate in the Solid Pathways program which is for Indigenous students.

“After much consideration from Solid Pathways and persistence from my parents, Solid Pathways allowed me to continue as the only private school student on the program.

“Through the program I have increased my knowledge on my Indigenous heritage and culture. I would like to invite any Brisbane Broncos players who have an Indigenous heritage to come and talk to the students about how their Indigenous heritage has influenced the person they have become today.”

Well Seibold and Broncos legend Justin Hodges answered the call and gave a special talk to students at Moreton Bay College on April 24.

And Charlotte said it was special to get a response to her letter and that she learned a lot from their visit.

“It’s good for people to learn about their culture and the culture of others, so they know and then respect other people,” she said.

“They took their heritage very seriously and were very proud of their indigenous background.

They also said you shouldn’t be afraid to find out about your heritage even if it’s disappeared

over time.

“Both were very open and confident in sharing the importance of their culture.”

Charlotte said she believed and hoped that sharing cultural backgrounds could help bring people together.

“I learned that is okay if people have a different background. Sometimes people are not even aware that others have a different cultural background because you can’t always tell by the way people look,” she said.

“Many people share common cultural backgrounds and don’t even realise it. It can bring people together.”

Source: https://www.couriermail.com.au/ques...r/news-story/450862fc2fbe10da936b1331e9550d80

That does seem to imply that Seibold is of Indigenous heritage. Interesting.

Hopefully the rumours of the coach having a personal problem with Roberts are false and that Roberts can quickly realise that Seibold is only showing him some tough love in order to challenge him so that he can improve himself as a person and as a player.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tmac
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • Nerd
  • Behind enemy lines
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.