NEWS Broncos club has undergone a $6m revamp featuring state-of-the-art technology

Matty Johns picked it up from whatever germalists picked it up off reddit where it was posted after (IIRC) you first mentioned it here. Loose ships sink ships burn the boats.

I wouldn't have believed anyone would pick anything up from somewhere like this, but after the Mole was using DOD I guess anything's possible.

Vito was in hot water for his love for Maccas from memory.

I wouldn't have believed anyone would pick anything up from somewhere like this, but after the Mole was using DOD I guess anything's possible.
Nah dead serious. Same with the Milf to fullback thing, someone posted it here, next day someone mentioned on reddit, then it was in the papers. "Journalists" 100% scrape the internet and fan forums for info.

Why do you think they are wrong more often than not?

I was proud of O'Dooley that day. He finally hit the bigtime. He would have been on top of the world that week, I hope he had a blast....Good for him.

Last edited:
Nah dead serious. Same with the Milf to fullback thing, someone posted it here, next day someone mentioned on reddit, then it was in the papers. "Journalists" 100% scrape the internet and fan forums for info.

Maybe we should start posting random weird made up stuff and see what gets out there!

I saw some silly prick has mentioned it over there already.
I heard Milf is seething at Seibold for demoting him and taking away his Maccas card and has been sighted in a Bondi cafe with Bellamy, Bennett, Robinson, and bigfoot all doing the hokey pokey. Politis was there too.

I recently read an article praises Hasler’s genius way of getting Suli down to playing weight. He would organise all those kids meals and have them delivered to him.

All I thought was “how the **** aren’t every club already doing this?”. I always assumed this was common practice. Rugby league really is amateur in the world of sport at times.

Could you imagine if Suli was ever contracted to the Broncos with one of those Maccas cards?

I honestly believe he would probably would have just lived off that card and never once go to a grocery store for the entire year. Would have ended his career in about 3 months.

Macca’s is a cancer of a sponsor to have for a professional sporting organisation. Whoever thought giving the professional athletes a $20 per store daily Macca’s card should be hauled over the coals.

Whilst the players are well paid these days, everyone loves free stuff and if you are given the temptation of pretty much getting junk food for free, you are definitely going to get some people fall into that trap, even if it’s only a couple times a week. Especially when you hear some of stories about past ex players and their battle to avoid fast food at the best of times (Thaiday, David Taylor, etc)

Now imagine being a player on a minimum NRL wage being given one of those cards. The temptation to save almost $150 a week on meals would be tempting. What could possibly go wrong?

Next brainwave idea would be the club being sponsored by Dan Murphy’s and the players being given a card to grab a 6 pack per store per day.

100%. I've mentioned it here before...but I was on another footy forum, we started talking about a player joining another club from his current one as a fact and within 24hrs someone had asked me about it at work and Weidler was reporting the rumour on the news. The club or player was forced to respond to the rumours within a few days. It's sickening really

Could I get an actual source?

BBQ or tomato? 😂

Jack Bird talked about it openly...
[automerge]1563890273[/automerge]
Does Maccas still give free food to cops in uniform? The one right in the guts of the Queen Street Mall where the Australian Hotel used to be, did.

Some do, some do 50% off, some do not.
[automerge]1563890465[/automerge]
@Nashy.

We should start writing our own articles as a front page sort-of setup. Not overly important as for the rest of the community, but bloody hell, there’s some great writers here. I’d commit to one a week, not that I’m that great. I could focus on SuperCoach though.

Gotta be a bit more subtle than that. Throw in some not well known innuendo and make it seem more credible and watch the click-bait come on down...

Last edited:
I'm happy to write one click-bait outrage opinion piece per week. "Morkel's Monday Meltdown". 99% will be ref-bashing.

I’d nominate @Big Pete, @Unbreakable, @Super Freak, @abashii, @Wolfie, @Smokin' Joe, @1910, @Sproj, @Porthoz, @Morkel, @Renegade, and even @007.

Opinion pieces could come from at least another ten to fifteen other posters on an bi-weekly basis. I’d be happy to organise and edit if I was wanted to do such a task.

There’s many more that I can’t think of right at this minute, but I know we could make it work.
Yeah I'd be interested in that. Not studying at the moment so need to do something before my brain turns to mush. I too have an idea on how some of the concept could function.

Yeah I'd be interested in that. Not studying at the moment so need to do something before my brain turns to mush. I too have an idea on how some of the concept could function.

Please PM me with some ideas. :)

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.