NEWS Broncos coach insists Milford best at No 1.

I'm enjoying it.

I think he's already lost a bit of weight too? Once (hopefully not if) he gets fully match for for the position he has the potential to be better than someone like Tedesco.

He needs to work on his support play a bit more but I really think that's more a fitness thing than a game awareness thing so it'll come with time.
He has a better skill set than tedesco but for me I think it's Tesco's competitiveness that sets him apart atm. If milf can compete at his level he could be anything.

Milf is clearly a better fullback than Boyd at this point in time but he should still be at 6.

He has the ability to be an elite level 6 but I don’t see him getting close to Tedesco tturbo or ponga when it comes to influence on a game from 1

Last edited:
Milf is clearly a better fullback than Boyd at this point in time but he should still be at 6.

He has the ability to be an elite level 6 but I don’t see him getting close to Tedesco tturbo or ponga when it comes to influence on a game from 1
I tend to think the opposite! For me being the chief isn't the best fit and having to make fewer tackles keeps him fresher for attacking moves. He gets much more time to watch for weaknesses, players still stinging from defensive efforts and others who may be hampered, slow or just plain lazy and uninterested. I'm not convinced he has the psychological makeup for the 5/8 role. He even looks to be a bit lighter , not so beefy which I believe he thought he needed for the defensive side of things.

Nah he had 4 years to become elite. Wasn't happening. He is showing us now he belongs in the 1.

Nah he had 4 years to become elite. Wasn't happening. He is showing us now he belongs in the 1.

He was one of the best 6’s already and was having to adapt regularly to different roles. He’s never going to displace ponga as the best 1 for Qld

While he definitely isn’t the big bodied straight running type fullback like Teddy or Trbo, I think he is actually very similar to Ponga. He isn’t on his level yet but he has the potential for sure. I think his time at 5/8 makes him very influential on a game, he can run and break tackles but he also has a good passing game and kicking game. He created 2 (one from the ground admittedly) tries from fullback yesterday and scored his own.

RN we are basically the Knights without Pearce and with better forwards.

I also agree he will ultimately be better at 6 but the 9 and 7 need to be running the team for Milf to be his absolute best at 6. He needs to be floating in and around the ball without creative pressure. We have long term solutions for both number 1 and 9, however Boyd and Macca are stuck in the way literally.

He was one of the best 6’s already and was having to adapt regularly to different roles. He’s never going to displace ponga as the best 1 for Qld
I doubt he entered into the role thinking he has to be better than Ponga. I think he was slowly getting worse as a 5\8, as though he didn't want to be playing there. He couldn't even make the Qld utility role as a 6.

Ponga was good in soo 1 but dropped the ball in the second. Ponga hasn't gone to the heights he has been touted as yet , and also that could be said about Milford. I think he could be if he keeps improving at 1.

The gap to overtake Ponga isn't really that big.

Ponga's reputation is my biggest gripe in the game. He is 95% media hype and 5% actual performance. He has a nice step and right to left pass and really not much more.

Last edited:
The gap to overtake Ponga isn't really that big.

Ponga's reputation is my biggest gripe in the game. He is 95% media hype and 5% actual performance. He has a nice step and right to left pass and really not much more.

And its the same step and the same pass. Every. single. time. Potatoes keep falling for it. Keep him on your outside shoulder not rushing him and he has nothing to beat you with.

And its the same step and the same pass. Every. single. time. Potatoes keep falling for it. Keep him on your outside shoulder not rushing him and he has nothing to beat you with.
Bang on. He's a serious talent, but nothing more than that at this stage.

Media have been frothing the Knights/Ponga/Pearce for the past two years for some reason and look where they are? Think a few reputations have been falsely inflated.

I am just happy to see our fullback accelerate into the defensive line and not just collapse into it.

Milford is also running through the line to support our forwards looking for an offload and sniffing around the ruck for some tired forwards.

It is like putting him back in the number 1 has pressed a reset button in him. To think run first.

Unfortunately i think the boyd and macca issue will continue to haunt us when our team is fully fit. They have not been terrible, bit we could be better without them.

The main thing for me when it comes to Milford is he is a natural Fullback, he looks more comfortable at 1 and knows the role better then at 6 and he hasn't played there for years. He has never looked like he understood the game managing half role since he was given it, it just makes sense to keep him at 1.

Well he’s a bloody good fb and we have halves coming though, fb’s we do not. I tend to think his time at 6 has added many strings to his bow, I for one am pumped he’s back there. it’s a trickle on effect as well by giving guys in front of him extra space as the defensive line is weary of him at the back.

Well he’s a bloody good fb and we have halves coming though, fb’s we do not. I tend to think his time at 6 has added many strings to his bow, I for one am pumped he’s back there. it’s a trickle on effect as well by giving guys in front of him extra space as the defensive line is weary of him at the back.
You mean they're sick of him being fullback? The defensive line I mean. I'd be wary of making claims like that!

I dunno if he can reach Tedesco or Turbo level after so many years of playing in the halves. I still think Pongun has the most potential of them all, but Tedesco's absolute DESIRE to break tackles is gonna make it tough to reach it.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • ezpz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • Jazza
  • BruiserMk1
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • LittleDavey
  • Strop
  • RodF
  • FACTHUNT
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.