NEWS Broncos coach insists Milford best at No 1.

I dunno if he can reach Tedesco or Turbo level after so many years of playing in the halves. I still think Pongun has the most potential of them all, but Tedesco's absolute DESIRE to break tackles is gonna make it tough to reach it.
Milf is a great tackle breaker and has a great offload, he just needs to compete like the best of them and he can get to the top imo

Milf is a great tackle breaker and has a great offload, he just needs to compete like the best of them and he can get to the top imo
My biggest question mark was on his bomb defusing but he's been pretty solid back there thus far.

Storm will definitely look to test this out though and I can see them sending plenty of pressure with it... especially those painful phantom attempts where the defender comes through waving their arms across their face with zero intent to catch it.

We really need our defensive line to get back and support Milf on bombs. Storm will have their whole defensive line there (all onside off course...) so our guys need to be there to clean up any scraps

If he gets through this game unscathed (by that I mean a solid safe display) then he has every chance to become one of the very top fullbacks in the comp

Last edited:
The original poster made an error with his spelling/grammar so Huge had a go at him to prove to us all how much smarter he is than us.
Oh right, it was a jab at me I see where I went wrong 🙄

The original poster made an error with his spelling/grammar so Huge had a go at him to prove to us all how much smarter he is than us.
The original poster made a grammatical error so Huge had a go at him in order to prove to all how smart he is.

You're welcome. I just thought it needed tidying up. Amazing how you can know with such certainty what my motivation was.

I'll be in the minority here, but I don't think Tedesco is anywhere near as good as the NSW media make him out to be. I think currently RTS is the best fullback in the game and daylight to second place.

I'll be in the minority here, but I don't think Tedesco is anywhere near as good as the NSW media make him out to be. I think currently RTS is the best fullback in the game and daylight to second place.
Respectfully I disagree. I wish Tedesco was on our team. I see him a bit like Birdy, a total competitor. I remember a game last year in which he was repeatedly bashed from the beginning of the match. I wondered how he kept going but in the last minutes of that match there he was again, sealing the deal with a try after beating two or three tacklers. So impressive. Prick.

I definitely agree that Teddy is overrated by the NSW media and to me he is third behind RTS and Turbo. However I have Turbo as the number 1 fullback currently.

I think RTS matches Teddy in terms of fitness and tackle breaking ability, and then exceeds him easily in terms of offensive output and effectiveness in attack. RTS' ball playing is slightly limited but he is proving effective in what he can do, and he also matches Teddy in terms of support play through the ruck.

Turbo drops behind Teddy and RTS in terms of workload, but this could just be a manly thing as his workload was huge playing for NSW in the outside backs. Turbo supports through the middle and his play against Eels at brookie a couple weeks back should be the textbook of a full back's role in attack.

His ball playing far exceeds Teddy and RTS, his tackle busting and ability to find the line is on par and his defense is on par (RTS probably ahead of all fullbacks for 1 on 1 tackling though)... to me Turbo is on par or better than every other fullback in terms of FB specific requirements and his ball playing far exceeds those closest to him in the discussion... which is why I would have him ahead and ahead pretty comfortably.

Respectfully I disagree. I wish Tedesco was on our team. I see him a bit like Birdy, a total competitor. I remember a game last year in which he was repeatedly bashed from the beginning of the match. I wondered how he kept going but in the last minutes of that match there he was again, sealing the deal with a try after beating two or three tacklers. So impressive. Prick.

I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I just don't think he is at the level that the NSW media think he is. Ponga is exactly in the same position for me. They way they carry on you would think he is up there with Slater at his best, and he isn't close to that imo.
[automerge]1564375425[/automerge]
All I know was that Tedesco was the main difference in this year's Origin. Take him out, QLD wins. That's a Cam Smith-like influence.

If we had Cam Smith playing the last 2 years we would have won both series. I don't think he is up at that level yet.

In terms of fullback, I still Locky is criminally underrated in that position. I haven't seen anyone better than him there quite honestly.

Last edited:
I'm not saying he isn't a good player, I just don't think he is at the level that the NSW media think he is. Ponga is exactly in the same position for me. They way they carry on you would think he is up there with Slater at his best, and he isn't close to that imo.

If we had Cam Smith playing the last 2 years we would have won both series. I don't think he is up at that level yet.

In terms of fullback, I still Locky is criminally underrated in that position. I haven't seen anyone better than him there quite honestly.
Mullins was pretty good as was Belcher. I thought Lockyer was the best though.

Big facts, even Locky's career as a whole is criminally underrated. Still irks me that Joey became an immortal at the 1st opportunity while Locky is still waiting. When the NRL media is dominated by NSW journos, it's hard for him to get the respect he deserves.

Locky is the best attacking fullback I've ever seen. All round I guess you could give Slater the title as best FB of the modern era, but for me, Locky was the best.

I agree, as a 5/8 locky was he was a better 1 imo. The way he carved teams to peices was always a joy to watch, Slater was good but he also had great players and dodgy tactics helping him out. Such an underrated player it's an absolute joke he didn't win a dally m.

I agree, as a 5/8 locky was he was a better 1 imo. The way he carved teams to peices was always a joy to watch, Slater was good but he also had great players and dodgy tactics helping him out. Such an underrated player it's an absolute joke he didn't win a dally m.

Lockyer lost most of his acceleration after doing his ACL in 2007, so he really only had 2004 - 2006 to showcase his running game while at five-eighth.

I still remember Slater scoring that try while the Storm were blatantly holding Thaiday in the scrum. And the refs awarded it. That there showcases the Storm + NRL relationship perfectly.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • Footy Fanatic
  • kiwi2
  • Harry Sack
  • Big Del
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.