Broncos confirm approach to Henry

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Canberra are facing increasing pressure to keep their in-demand coach, Neil Henry, after Brisbane chief executive Bruno Cullen interviewed him this week.

Cullen confirmed that he met Henry on Monday night during a brief visit to Canberra. However, he maintained the Broncos were at this stage interested in securing the services of the Queensland assistant only after his contract with the Raiders expires at the end of next year.

The Brisbane boss, who has been conducting interviews with up to six other candidates for the Broncos coaching post, to be vacated at the end of the season following Wayne Bennett's decision to quit the club, was in Canberra on other business but took the opportunity to hold talks with Henry.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/br ... 59545.html

Henry has always been my first choice and i'd be delighted if we got him.

That said, i can't help but feel we'll be appointing Bellamy.

ningnangnong said:
Henry has always been my first choice and i'd be delighted if we got him.

That said, i can't help but feel we'll be appointing Bellamy.

I won't complain either way as long as we get one of them.

I'd prefer Henry over Bellamy. I just get colder and colder on Bellamy.

Now that broncos have signed folau, is there anything new on which coach the broncos are looking at( i heard daniel anderson) I thought that they would announce a month into the season which is about now, anything new about which coach we have for next year.

Flutterby said:
I'd prefer Henry over Bellamy. I just get colder and colder on Bellamy.

I totally agree with that. I just can't stand Bellamy.

^ There is nothing there about Bellamy?

Ah lol, I meant to type Bennet, I must of been day dreaming when i wrote bellamy, lol sorry about that guys :P I'll edit that post. Nothing new about bellamy

Lots of rumours on radio today about Henry going back to NQ. A Canberra spokesman said the club would be unlikely to release him but when pushed admitted they had contingency plans in place. ( David Furner)
Geez there is lots going on behind the scenes this early in the year, not sure I have seen so much speculation and deal making b4 at this stage of the season.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  • Socnorb
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Maroon4life
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.