Broncos contracts

C

craig88

U18 Player
Jun 25, 2008
Just wondering,

Does anybody know the length of each players contract?

I know Michaels is 2009, Lockyer 2009, Hunt 2009, Clinton 2010, Marsh 2010, Parker 2011, Folau 2011?Stagg/Eastwood/Thaiday/Boyd still off contract? and Hodges recently signed a 3 or 4 year deal..

Can anyone help me out?

Cheers

Falou is 2012. Corey and Hodgo are 2011

Sims, Marsh and Clinton are 2010

The rest of the squad is 09 basically

If some of the lists floating around are accurate, next year is looking to be very busy regarding contracts compared to anything we've seen recently. Perhaps next year's situation is a contributor to the offloading of players we're seeing this year.

Major JW Hochstetter said:
If some of the lists floating around are accurate, next year is looking to be very busy regarding contracts compared to anything we've seen recently. Perhaps next year's situation is a contributor to the offloading of players we're seeing this year.

I would say that is the case looking at some of the talent we have coming off next year

Hunt
Lockyer (he will most likely go but)
Thaiday
Taylor
Stagg (if he stays past this season)
Boyd (if he stays past this season)
Michaels

and there are others but they are fringe first graders currently

Other than re-signing of Hunt, my other biggest hope is either Lockyer re-signing for 1 or 2 more years, or us getting Cam Smith.

Alec said:
Other than re-signing of Hunt, my other biggest hope is either Lockyer re-signing for 1 or 2 more years, or us getting Cam Smith.

Good in theory but it wont happen until 2011 at least as he is contracted to the Storm until 2010.

Thats a long way off yet in my opinion and I cant see the Storm releasing him to come and play with us, he is way too important to the structure of their club and team.

Alec said:

Wallace resigning is my biggest hope atm

hopefully having langer there next year, Wallace will want to stick around having Alf and Locky as his mentors. cant get any better than that.

Guys, The news is Wallace has not started talks an brisbane are looking to extend his contract for a further 3 years to keep him here till the end of 2012, His contract upgrade will start from next season, which is probably a big reason why we are losing so many players not just for falou.

I'll quote some peices.

Wallace sitting pretty

Peter Wallace, who was the NSW halfback before a ruptured testicle blew him out of the water for State of Origin III, will begin negotiations on a new contract with Brisbane next week. Wallace's manager, Allan Gainey, will meet Broncos football manager Peter Nolan. Gainey said Wallace was likely to extend his stay with the Broncos if their offer was attractive. "Peter is already contracted until the end of next year and the Broncos want to sign him for another three years after that," Gainey said. A new deal would incorporate an increase for next year as well. Wallace has a clause in his contract for the terms to be reviewed if he played Origin. Several other clubs are keen to chase Wallace if he can't reach an agreement with Brisbane, but Gainey said the early indications were that his charge was likely to stay. "We haven't talked figures with the Broncos yet, but they have initiated the talks," he said. "They want to extend his deal, so I expect they'll come up with a good offer."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bu ... 74643.html

broncospwn said:
Guys, The news is Wallace has not started talks an brisbane are looking to extend his contract for a further 3 years to keep him here till the end of 2012, His contract upgrade will start from next season, which is probably a big reason why we are losing so many players not just for falou.

I'll quote some peices.

Wallace sitting pretty

Peter Wallace, who was the NSW halfback before a ruptured testicle blew him out of the water for State of Origin III, will begin negotiations on a new contract with Brisbane next week. Wallace's manager, Allan Gainey, will meet Broncos football manager Peter Nolan. Gainey said Wallace was likely to extend his stay with the Broncos if their offer was attractive. "Peter is already contracted until the end of next year and the Broncos want to sign him for another three years after that," Gainey said. A new deal would incorporate an increase for next year as well. Wallace has a clause in his contract for the terms to be reviewed if he played Origin. Several other clubs are keen to chase Wallace if he can't reach an agreement with Brisbane, but Gainey said the early indications were that his charge was likely to stay. "We haven't talked figures with the Broncos yet, but they have initiated the talks," he said. "They want to extend his deal, so I expect they'll come up with a good offer."

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/bu ... 74643.html

Now that this has come out it has made me feel alot better about losing some of our players. Retaining Wallace is vital to future success.

well he is the next langer for us, forwards come and go but we need a great halfback.

so losing all these players means we should be able to keep Wallace and im guessing hunt will stay beyond next year so we lose ennis,kemp,hannant,moon,perry to keep Wallace,Hunt Gain Folau add to that we have hodges locked away and lockyer still with us and we have quality 1,3,4,6,7

Does anyone get the feeling Lockyer might stay on with us for another year or 2? I dunno why but I suspect he will want to stay.

Scotty said:
Does anyone get the feeling Lockyer might stay on with us for another year or 2? I dunno why but I suspect he will want to stay.

I'd be really happy if he does. I can see us really struggling when he goes. We need to make sure Hunt is ready to lift his game even further when Lockyer goes as well.

The only replacement for Lockyer I can think of would be Cam Smith, but I have no idea when he will be available.

That site says Ash Graham has signed for the storm.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Financeguy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • Justwin
  • Broncosarethebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • bazza
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.