NEWS Broncos' daunting start to 2019 NRL season

I disagree.

The best time for us to play Melbourne is at the back end of the season around the Round 21-25 mark.

That's when we usually hit our best form. The start of the season is usually when we struggle while the Storm are notorious for being very strong starters. Round 1 is not a good time to play them. They haven't lost their starting game since 2004.
The start of the season is definitely the best time to face them as the NRL won't have forgotten about cracking down on illegal tactics yet.

No time is ever good to play the Storm, they have the Broncs measure generally outside of a GF.

Sick of playing the Storm around Origin so this is fine

We're getting shafted with Thursday's by the looks.

**** me, Storm, Cowboys, Dragons, Roosters....

Pretty tough start.

7 Thursday
7 Friday
7 Saturday
2 Sunday

(I know I’m missing one)

How many home games on Saturdays and Sundays? Next to none no doubt?

how many of them Thursday nights will I be on night shift and have to chuck a sickie

**** me, Storm, Cowboys, Dragons, Roosters....

Pretty tough start.
Yes, tough start for sure.

But, I see round 1 as revenge. Round 2 as revenge, round 3 as revenge and round 4 as 'we own you guys'.

I hope that's what the team will be thinking too.

Does anyone know why the hell we are starting our pre season so late compared to every other team. Every single team except the sharks (an older squad) is starting at least a week before us. These are teams that either went 3 weeks longer then us or at worst finished 1 week earlier. What is the thinking behind this? Have they earned a bigger break then the roosters? No. Do we have a lot of rep players? No. Do we not need to improve our offensive and defensive structures? No. Do we have an old and tired looking team? No. Are we not worried about players improving their skills or fittness? No. Amateur decision...

Does anyone know why the hell we are starting our pre season so late compared to every other team. Every single team except the sharks (an older squad) is starting at least a week before us. These are teams that either went 3 weeks longer then us or at worst finished 1 week earlier. What is the thinking behind this? Have they earned a bigger break then the roosters? No. Do we have a lot of rep players? No. Do we not need to improve our offensive and defensive structures? No. Do we have an old and tired looking team? No. Are we not worried about players improving their skills or fittness? No. Amateur decision...

I know fox sports had us good back on the 24th or something but someone on here has said we’re back next week

I know fox sports had us good back on the 24th or something but someone on here has said we’re back next week
I hope they are wrong. 3 weeks less of skills and game management would be a disaster, particularly with the start to the season we have

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.