Broncos Hose Down Money Talk

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
WOW Brisbane Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen says the prized signing of boom centre Israel Folau will not open the floodgates for further raids on star Melbourne Storm players.

Cullen this morning also denied reports that Folau's contract was worth $1.6 million over four years, saying it was "considerably less" and structured as a two-year deal with a two-year option in Folau's favour.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/sp ... 63347.html

That was always going to be the way.

Look, IMO it's likely that Folau has probably signed on for something like $1.4m all up IMO.

That'll be something like $300k per season for the first two years (which is pretty comparable with what Tunza will leave behind) and then graduating to $400k per season for the last two years (which is from season 2010, when Lockyer is likely to have retired).

spoonbled said:
in the end does it really matter how much he gets?

In terms of what we have left to retain others, i think there is certainly some importance.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
spoonbled said:

In terms of what we have left to retain others, i think there is certainly some importance.
Well what was Carroll on, like 300k? So there is still presumably 100k more that we paid for Folau. Letting say Robinson and Hewitt go would free up the rest. Correct?

Vogstar90 said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
spoonbled said:

Well what was Carroll on, like 300k? So there is still presumably 100k more that we paid for Folau. Letting say Robinson and Hewitt go would free up the rest. Correct?

i don't think Tunza would be on 300K

Jaimi-Lee said:
What do you recon Lockyer would be on?

Pretty sure Lockyer is on just over 400k, could be wrong though

Scotty said:
Jaimi-Lee said:
What do you recon Lockyer would be on?

Pretty sure Lockyer is on just over 400k, could be wrong though

We don't see the side bits these guys get.They don't go to work and bring in just a salary or pay cheque that is written on the contract in little numbers.Not like most of us do. [icon_wink

This isn't the time of the $1000 hand over Monday night BBQ at the club it once was and that wasw only if they won. [icon_non

Lockyer would also be getting one of the 3 third party sponsorships that aren't covered in the cap worth 50k a season

There is no way the Broncos are going to pay $1.6m over 4 years for a 19 year old, let alone for a centre.
I think he will be on $220-$250K for the first 2 years and up to $320K for the remaining 2 years.

At the end of the day, we can all sit here and guess what he is on but we will never know.

The contract will eventually get to $1.6m, but defnitely close to $300K for the next 2 years.

Folau is a bargain if you compare what Tonga got from NQ.

Prince Langer said:
There is no way the Broncos are going to pay $1.6m over 4 years for a 19 year old, let alone for a centre.
I think he will be on $220-$250K for the first 2 years and up to $320K for the remaining 2 years.

At the end of the day, we can all sit here and guess what he is on but we will never know.
Yeah this is my opinion too.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • maddo
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncoscope
  • theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • broncs30
  • Socnorb
  • bert_lifts
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.