Broncos injury update: good news on 5 players

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2020/05/06/broncos-injury-update-good-news-on-5-players/

The Brisbane Broncos resume training today with positive news on five players who went into the COVID-19 lockdown with injuries.

Captain Alex Glenn, Brodie Croft, Corey Oates, Matt Lodge and Jordan Kahu have all made significant progress over the isolation period, according to Coach Anthony Seibold.

“Oatsey (rib) and Brodie Croft (AC joint) got injured in that last game against Souths but they’re good to go. Both would have been a chance to play against the Gold Coast the following week. They’re well and truly recovered,” said Seibold.

“Brodie hasn’t been able to do a lot of weights, so he has got a little bit of work to do with his upper body strength over the next few weeks.

“Matt Lodge (knee) will be there, or thereabouts, which is really positive for us.

“Jordan Kahu (shoulder) and Alex Glenn (hamstring) are both fit – they will be back in full training.

“And the last one is David Fifita, he’ll miss a few weeks after the restart but we’ve got 18 games to play so we would still expect him to still play a large chunk of games.

“We’ll get a bit better of an idea once he comes out of his brace in a couple of weeks’ time. But certainly he’ll miss the first few games after the restart.”

Very happy to get Lodge back but it's blunted a bit by the loss of Fifita. Hopefully he isn't out long. Happy to see Croft back in the mix as well. Kahu will continue to enjoy couch surfing Thursday and Friday nights.

I don't think it will be that bad Fifita's absence. Lodge, Joe Ofahengaue
and Glenn back. TPJ will be back after a round I believe too. I'm glad Brodie Croft got through that injury scare fine, thought he was going to be another player joining the club in their first season getting wiped out by injury.

Last edited:
I don't think it will be that bad Fifita's absence. Lodge, Joe Ofahengaue
and Glenn back. TPJ will be back after a round I believe too. I'm glad Brodie Croft got through that injury scare fine, thought he was going to be another player joining the club in their first season getting wiped out by injury.

TPJ has 3 more games to serve on his suspension ... will be available for round 6

He's only served 1 game of a 4 game suspension.
No your right my bad, just rechecked the article, I didn't read it correctly and took 2 weeks suspension from another player being his. Still, 3 experienced forwards back, I don't think it's a big absence.

Last edited:
Brisbane Broncos forward Thomas Flegler did not attend training this morning. He developed flu like symptoms last week and in accordance with the Club’s usual practices he was promptly assessed by the club's chief medical officer. Given the current climate, Thomas was also tested for COVID-19 and returned a negative result. He is still mildly symptomatic and will remain at home until he receives medical clearance to return to training.

Brisbane Broncos forward Thomas Flegler did not attend training this morning. He developed flu like symptoms last week and in accordance with the Club’s usual practices he was promptly assessed by the club's chief medical officer. Given the current climate, Thomas was also tested for COVID-19 and returned a negative result. He is still mildly symptomatic and will remain at home until he receives medical clearance to return to training.

Far out, this reminds you how touch and go the entire season is hey. All it will take is one player or staff member and the whole thing comes screeching to a halt.

Far out, this reminds you how touch and go the entire season is hey. All it will take is one player or staff member and the whole thing comes screeching to a halt.
People say that but I don't see the season being at risk at all with the protocols they have in place.
The infected person wouldn't have a chance of getting to anyone else if he shows any symptoms. And if he is asymptomatic for a week before realising they play outside and all have strong immune systems. As much as people want to hate on the NRL they are completely right in re-starting. They are probably the safest/lowest risk people in all of australia from now on. Could still happen to 1 or 2 though with some bad luck but no outbreak...

People say that but I don't see the season being at risk at all with the protocols they have in place.
The infected person wouldn't have a chance of getting to anyone else if he shows any symptoms. And if he is asymptomatic for a week before realising they play outside and all have strong immune systems. As much as people want to hate on the NRL they are completely right in re-starting. They are probably the safest/lowest risk people in all of australia from now on. Could still happen to 1 or 2 though with some bad luck but no outbreak...
I'm hoping like everyone the NRL can pull this off but I have no confidence in the players whatsoever.
Given players contract flu every year and Cov19 is 2.6 times more contagious we are high risk of someone getting it and causing a cluster.
Game over in that case.

Last edited:
If you needed one to play centre would you chose Boys or Kahu?

If Kahu is fit and finds form why not use him if needed.
I don't get the level of hate from some.

Shit attitude coming back, being forever injured makes it worse

No way, you'd go with Boyd for sure. Boyd actually looked decent in the first two games, Kahu has no shoulders and is a turnstile in defense. Plus he has lost all of his pace due to his knee injuries. He's basically Hodges without a fraction of the talent with his injury history now.

Whats interesting is the players seem to really like him, don't see him in the team, but yeah the boys get around him.
This is an attitude our team must lose. Tbh I'm sick of them rallying around mediocre players that aren't going to win us a damn thing.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Fozz
  • IceWorks
  • teampjta
  • Fatboy
  • Rambstien
  • Foordy
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • jarro65
  • MrMoore
  • Broncorob
  • Mr Fourex
  • Big Del
  • Battler
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Culhwch
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.