NEWS Broncos legend and employee Michael Hancock turns up heat on playing squad

Personally i am glad Roberts is gone, he typifies what is wrong with the club at the moment .... players not willing to put in and do the hard yards.

Kicks in the arse are needed A.S.A.P !!

There was an article on NRL.com not long ago about Roberts where he spoke about his time at the Broncos under Seibold.

Reading that article made me glad he is gone. It revealed the attitude of someone that isn't mentally strong and wasn't willing to do what it takes to earn the coaches respect.

Has it happened in recent times? I can't seem to remember. Is he losing speed?

We rarely spread the ball and/or give him space. He’s too busy taking 2nd or 3rd hitups to get us out of our end. He’s fast, but not in acceleration. Needs room to wind up and stride out

It is as I feared.

This squad is full of some real solid gold sooks, and they do not have to be exclusive to the juniors. The rot starts from the top.

Last edited:
There was an article on NRL.com not long ago about Roberts where he spoke about his time at the Broncos under Seibold.

Reading that article made me glad he is gone. It revealed the attitude of someone that isn't mentally strong and wasn't willing to do what it takes to earn the coaches respect.
If reports are true, it’s similar to Latrell’s attitude in response to being dumped from the Blues.

Rather than making him angry and hungry as hell to prove them wrong, he’s reportedly thrown the toys out of the cot and will consider not playing if he’s selected for game 3.

It’s a far cry from Michael Jordan’s response to not making his college team.

Talk about sooks.

For all the hating on Roberts (and don’t get me wrong, given his attitude this year, I’m glad he’s gone), I do think we need to acknowledge one thing about him that I do think has been overlooked.

Simply having him in the side, with that speed and game breaking ability, made the defence nervous and provided space for those around him.

That’s the metric that cannot be measured by any statistic and I truly do think our other outside backs are probably missing that extra yard of space that is no longer there.

But yeh, his attitude was toxic and he needed to go.

He definitely made the team feel special when he was on, like Milf in 2015 and 2016. We are sort of lacking that at the moment. It's TPJ when he's on.

He has scored 1 try for them.
1 try in 2 games, Shiba has played half a dozen and hasn't scored any...
[automerge]1560995913[/automerge]
A couple past players have come out calling for the senior players to stand up and you have to think, this is a direct critisism of Boyd. Parker got sacked as an assistant last year for calling Boyd out as a shit leader and if anything he's gotten worse. Just **** him off already.

Last edited:
1 try in 2 games, Shiba has played half a dozen and hasn't scored any...

And? Shiba is a rookie that may or may not even remain in the team on basically nothing who despite his lack of tries and less than ideal performance tries his guts out.

All of that is irrelevant as my post was correcting another poster that claimed Roberts has scored several tries for Souths which was wrong.

And? Shiba is a rookie that may or may not even remain in the team on basically nothing who despite his lack of tries and less than ideal performance tries his guts out.

All of that is irrelevant as my post was correcting another poster that claimed Roberts has scored several tries for Souths which was wrong.
He has scored several tries for souths. He scored a few before he was sacked the last time. So he wasn't wrong.

He has scored several tries for souths. He scored a few before he was sacked the last time. So he wasn't wrong.

And if we travelled back earlier to Boyd's career earlier at the Broncos or other clubs I'm sure we can see more impressive stats in his favor as well. How relevent is that now?

But hey, Shiba that bloke who is only just starting his career in first grade should have more expectations and held to higher standards then the bloke who also isn't performing, more experienced was on a higher pay and a pissweak attitude to boot who was sent a message and chucked a massive hissy fit instead of being a man and fighting for his spot.

Last edited:

That's clearly not what he meant and he has admitted so himself.

And lets not forget Shiba is only in the team because Bird is out of the season...

Last edited:
If reports are true, it’s similar to Latrell’s attitude in response to being dumped from the Blues.

Rather than making him angry and hungry as hell to prove them wrong, he’s reportedly thrown the toys out of the cot and will consider not playing if he’s selected for game 3.

It’s a far cry from Michael Jordan’s response to not making his college team.

Talk about sooks.

Unfortunately it's inherited from the moment they slide out of the ole furry canyon.......

The Jack Bird ACL has hurt us big time, Bird would cover our weakest position and atleast from what I saw this season had alot of Effort in his game, this season is a Write off no doubt but long term we are not that bad of a position but we desperately need to add a bit of Good experience into the team, too many young players imo, and Remove the dead weights already(Boyd and Macca).

for me; what I've seen from our current 2 centres makes it abundantly clear Bird is our best centre and he needs to play there when he returns. We cannot afford to go into next season with both of these guys at starting centre I'm afraid. Bird/Staggs centre combo is one with its best days still ahead of it..

Angry mentioned 2 fullbacks when mentioning X factors the club lacks...thats not a coincidence for me...80 metre guys who can break into the backfield and cause havoc is something we defiantly don't have anymore and a free floating fullbacks are always the best bets to make those plays...I don't believe form what I've seen that is Birds forte so our recruitment guys need to work overtime to identify one...dont care if they have to be brought or from within...

Whats happening with Drinkwater...are we even investigating this potential option..?

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Porthoz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.