Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Justin Hodges and Corey Parker both have designs
on Broncos’ coaching job

Travis Meyn and Peter Badel,
The Courier-Mail
November 28, 2019 4:31pm

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no doubt at least one of them will have a head coaching job sooner or later, but it probably won't be with us unless Seibold completely implodes. The Titans or Dragons could really do with the mentalities they bring at the very least.

Not so confident in Hodgos coaching credentials since he still seems to have so many wraps on Boyd still. Could be just him standing for his mate I guess.

Would hate to see Hodges tarnish his broncos playing legacy should he not be a successful coach

Parker is already an assistant at the Broncs which is a good start. I would have said get Hodges in too but uhhh I'm happy to wait on him until 2021.

Some of the words from Hodgo in that article really make me hope he is around the playing group... him saying to not make the same mistakes as him and being a first grader meaning he can live the life he has.

I can see why he was named as captain and I really hope he's around the playing group... could be a very good man manager type coach.

I just have this feeling that Hodges will wind up as the Queensland Origin Coach at some point.

I'm not obviously across all of his technical Coaching abilities, but he was, as far as I'm aware, always highly regarded as a leader and a motivating influence for the players around him and in an Origin setting where you can hand select Assistant Coaches to complement your own strengths and weaknesses, the job of the Head Coach is so much about getting your players mentally ready for three games a year. To me that just seems like the kind of think that Hodges would be particularly well suited for.

Some of the words from Hodgo in that article really make me hope he is around the playing group... him saying to not make the same mistakes as him and being a first grader meaning he can live the life he has.

I can see why he was named as captain and I really hope he's around the playing group... could be a very good man manager type coach.

He was basically an on field coach in 2015, his leadership was actually pretty amazing.

All of this sounds like a five to ten years type of thing.

Parker will be the first to go if we start the season terribly, Seibold will need a scapegoat for a few weeks. Also saying you want the new coaches job isn't a smart idea. Hodges will be the next QLD coach for sure. He has said he's not in a rush to get the Broncos job though.

Parker will be the first to go if we start the season terribly, Seibold will need a scapegoat for a few weeks. Also saying you want the new coaches job isn't a smart idea. Hodges will be the next QLD coach for sure. He has said he's not in a rush to get the Broncos job though.

did you read the article or just the sensationalist headline...

they never said the wanted Seibs job tomorrow, in fact, they were talking about staying as assistants for several years before moving into club footy and moving up the ranks

did you read the article or just the sensationalist headline...

they never said the wanted Seibs job tomorrow, in fact, they were talking about staying as assistants for several years before moving into club footy and moving up the ranks
Did you read my comment or just that one line?

If they want to coach first grade they need to cut their teeth in England or the NSW Cup/ISC for a few years.

Did you read my comment or just that one line?

i ignored the rest of it about seibs making Parker a fall guy as there is no point arguing with people with agenda's

I reckon Hodges could become a great coach. A natural leader and knows his footy.

Broncos higher ups agree, I never get inside info but the one piece of info I have had from someone who knows someone in the org is that Hodges has been flagged as a very likely candidate to coach us at some stage in the next decade.

i ignored the rest of it about seibs making Parker a fall guy as there is no point arguing with people with agenda's
I renewed my membership and I think that says that I am giving Seibold a chance. What have I said that wasn't warranted or an agenda about him recently? I don't have an agenda at all. I was simply saying the assistant is always first to go and if we don't do better than last year Parker won't be around for long. One of the first things I said Seibold needed to do was get the club legends involved and he's done that. His first year was spent disresespecting the past and I'm glad he's rectifying that. Are you going to argue the point or just yell "AGENDAAAA" based on a few previous posts (Don't argue the man, right?) and claim your victory?

Broncos higher ups agree, I never get inside info but the one piece of info I have had from someone who knows someone in the org is that Hodges has been flagged as a very likely candidate to coach us at some stage in the next decade.
A good mate of mine plays TRL with Tuqiri and Hodges and they talk a lot about coaching and Tuqiri thinks it will happen eventually as well. I think Hodges helps out with Tuqiri at East's a fair bit. Scott Prince is working his way up the coaching ranks too.

I renewed my membership and I think that says that I am giving Seibold a chance. What have I said that wasn't warranted or an agenda about him recently? I don't have an agenda at all. I was simply saying the assistant is always first to go and if we don't do better than last year Parker won't be around for long. One of the first things I said Seibold needed to do was get the club legends involved and he's done that. His first year was spent disresespecting the past and I'm glad he's rectifying that. Are you going to argue the point or just yell "AGENDAAAA" based on a few previous posts (Don't argue the man, right?) and claim your victory?

I disagree Seibold spent the year disrespecting the ‘Old Boys’. He was the only ‘big player’ from the Broncs at the 2019 Old Boys lunch and he was chatting very amicably and lunching with many of the Broncs old and bold; including Renouf who was so vocal in the media this year, against him...

If that isn’t showing respect, not sure what more there is he can do.

Active Now

• Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Astro
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncorob
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • marw
  • Strop
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skathen
  • bazza
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Fitzy
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.