Broncos lock the jet away long term

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
THE NRMA Insurance Broncos have signed electrifying centre James Roberts to a long-term deal.
Roberts has signed a four-year agreement that will make him a Bronco until at least the end of the 2021 NRL season.
Roberts joined the Broncos on two-year contract at the start of the 2016 season and has been sensational this year, scoring 13 tries in 17 matches.
Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said securing Roberts was a big moment for the club.
“We are excited that James has agreed to commit to the Broncos for another four years,” said White.
“The club is proud of the support we have shown James, but also the responsibility he has taken on to earn this new contract.
“The long-term nature of the contract is a show of faith by the Broncos in James, but also by James in the Broncos.”

Oh James, James you're so big, so strong, so virile !

Good to hear, pretty sure he'll be origin bound next year.

tenor.gif

Happy days. Good signing.

Now just keep your nose clean for 4 years James, ok?

That is a key piece locked away. You just can't find his combination of speed, power and awareness. He is easily the best centre in the comp (Chambers would be next best, though Inglis has them all covered but rarely plays there) and to have him locked away is great news for the club!

Just imagine this in 3 years.....

Milford running the show
Roberts in his prime
TPJ terrorising and offloading at will in the middle with a young Payne Haas coming on to do the exact same for a FULL 80 MINUTES
Nikorima running the ball against the oppositions tired forwards and giving the experienced and still hard hitting Gillett nice lines to run with Sua and Oates as well (all good line runners!)
McGuire and bird being unrelenting pests to the opposition and hard to grasp with their footwork and upper body strength
McCullough and Boyd offensively and defensively providing the smarts when needed

Honestly, I have never been this confident in our team to win a premiership in the next few years since the late 90's.... that team will be 80 minutes of just relentless pressure with a never give up attitude, game breakers, speed, power, experience and smarts for opposition teams to handle... despite the dooms day like talk we are having when we have been losing potentially solid first graders who struggle to make the nrl team at the moment, am I the only one who can see what Bennett is building here or do I have too much bias optimism?

Awesome news. Milford, Nikorima & Roberts locked up for their prime years, exciting footy ahead boys.

That's incredible news, especially with it being 4 years. I love when players show loyalty to a club and that's what Roberts has done. We have kept by him even in his misfortunes and it's payed off with him staying clean and turning his life into the right future.

Active Now

• Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • ivanhungryjak
  • winslow_wong
  • Inknition
  • broncoscope
  • Yem
  • Jazza
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • Volvo Driver
  • Scorchie
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Bronco bob
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
... and 73 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.