International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Anthony Milford injury adds to Brisbane’s 2019 woes
Lachlan grey and Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail
July 1, 2019 8:01am

Last edited by a moderator:
What if coates and fsrnsworth kill it ?

Does isaako even get back into the squad, he has said in the past about going to union for the all blacks so we need to move on.

Does isaako even get back into the squad, he has said in the past about going to union for the all blacks so we need to move on.

Didn't Isaako re-sign for a good number of years (3 or 4 or something?). We might have no choice unless we release him like everyone else lol.

Injuries, suspensions early on and a tough draw has killed us this year.

Last edited:
Injuries, suspensions early on and a tough draw has killed us this year.
The injury toll has been lighter than most clubs, suspensions to Lodge, Haas and TPJ were costly but good teams overcome that. Apart from the first four games, this has been the easiest draw in years but has proven to be the hardest for this current version of the Broncos. A young pack, a weak spine and a vastly inexperienced coach with whom some players aren't responding to are the main reasons behind this paltry season.

Well lets replace the 1m man with a low wage rookie and see if we get the same performance. Season is over nothing to lose. Could be pleasantly surprised then its bye bye to another overpaid prima donna.

Will be very interesting to see how we go without Milford. I think it's going to be diabolical, I'm a massive Milford fan and think he gets overly criticised by his haters....I'm hoping this period can shut them up when it becomes apparent how much he actually does for this team, but if we thrive, maybe this will be a harsh reality for me and the pro-Milf club.

2020 here we come!

But the remainder of the season will be telling. No more auditions for origin, and finals are gone, contracts being finalised, so the sole motivation will be for the pride they have in their jersey and teammates. It will be interesting to see who stands up and shows that they are proud to be a bronco. Those players should be the ones earmarked for the leadership group.

Funny how so many of these "Next Big Things" on huge $$$ contracts just haven't worked out....
Titans gave Taylor too much on "potential"
Dragons paid overs for Hunt to get him and while he hasn't flopped he has not been worth over $1M per season
And we panicked and locked in Milf on huge $$$ when we were worried someone else would steal him.
In the meantime the Jimmy Maloney's of the comp have been getting paid much less and taken experience and know how with them from club to club and brought success in different forms wherever they've been.
I'm not comparing Milf to Maloney on talent but every club needs experienced old heads to know what to do and when to do it and to guide the big money kids
We are missing that and have been since Locky retired....
Thaiday, Parker and Hodges filled in but were never at the same level and since they've been gone we have had Glenn, Boyd, Macca and Gillo who spent last year injured and has been a shadow of his old self this year...
We need a "Jimmy Winner" right now to help nurse us through this mess....

Apart from Corey Oates/Jack Bird, we do not have a single player that is top 3 in their position.

Last edited:
Apart from Corey Oates/Jack Bird, we do not have a single player that is top 3 in their position.
On the club level, I’d say Oats are not for sure top 3 wingers through the whole comp, even he’s in Origin, at least I wouldn’t say Gillets is top 3 back rowers.

be funny if we roll Sharks on the weekend cause they severely underestimate us...

Unleash the kids...........no pressure, go out and enjoy yourselves with the knowledge that top 30 places for 2020 are now available to those who perform...

In the meantime the Jimmy Maloney's of the comp have been getting paid much less and taken experience and know how with them from club to club and brought success in different forms wherever they've been.
I think you'll find that Jimmy is on about $1m as well.

He was on much less at the sharks and wanted a new contract to bump his wage up... this was around the time Hunt and Taylor signed their million a season contracts.

Sharks said no so Jimmy requested a release... Panthers took the bait and traded Moylan for Jimmy. Panthers now looking to offload Jimmy, but only clubs likely to wear the $1m a season are super league clubs... maybe.

I think Moylan is on $800k-$1m as well

Let’s be honest. Isaako will never play for the all blacks.

That's not entirely true. It depends on how you look at it.

For example, worst fullbacks in the game. Darius Boyd is in the top 3, in fact he is at the top of the list.

That's not entirely true. It depends on how you look at it.

For example, worst fullbacks in the game. Darius Boyd is in the top 3, in fact he is at the top of the list.

We have the worst spine in the competition. Can barely score more than 12 points

Active Now

• bazza
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • Mr Fourex
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • Santa
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.