OFFICIAL Broncos Member Update

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
This is an email from the club to members: I’d say chances of crowds at games this year are slim. Memberships will roll over to next year if you agree.

Words cannot describe how much we appreciate the patience and understanding you have shown while we manage our way through this rapidly evolving and complex situation. It has allowed us the necessary time to formulate what we believe are the right outcomes for you, our incredibly valued members.

Your dedication and loyalty to the Broncos has been unwavering and we cannot thank you enough. We know the uncertainty in recent weeks has been frustrating, so we are pleased to now provide you with further information regarding your ticketed membership(s).

The details of the 2020 season are starting to emerge, however there may not be clarity in relation to members being able to attend games for some time. Given this may be the case, we want to provide you with the following commitment if the current public gathering restrictions remain in place and you are unable to attend any of the games included with your membership this season.

Our Commitment to You

Ticketed memberships paid in full

As you know, your 2020 ticketed membership(s) have been paid in full.

Our commitment to you is we will automatically rollover and renew your existing ticketed membership(s) for 2021 at no further cost to you.

Once your automatic rollover has been processed, which will be later in the year, you will receive a confirmation email from us.

If your 2020 membership includes reserved seats, you will retain those same reserved seats for 2021. If your 2020 membership includes general admission access, you will retain that same general admission access for 2021.

You will have the option to take up any relevant upgrades or add-ons at a later date, which would need to be paid for when you place those orders.

If you do not wish to automatically rollover your ticketed membership(s) for 2021 at no further cost to you, please ensure you follow the process to opt out of rollover. The opt out process is outlined in the Q&A section at the end of this email.

If you also hold non-ticketed memberships, you will receive separate rollover and renewal information for those packages in due course, which will include the relevant 2021 price. Non-ticketed memberships will not have any credits applied to the 2021 season.

Our terms and conditions of membership for the 2020 and 2021 seasons will be updated to account for the amended membership arrangements.

Member Merchandise

We trust you will understand that this course of action means we will need to reduce expenses next season. To achieve this, we will be removing member merchandise from ticketed membership packages for 2021 only. However, you will still receive a digital Broncos Team Store discount voucher on email as part of your 2021 inclusions.

We plan to instead offer items such as a 2021 member cap and 2021 member polo for you to purchase through Broncos Team Store. If you collect these items, this will give you the opportunity to continue your collection in 2021 if you wish.

Once the Clive Berghofer Centre re-opens you are more than welcome to come and collect your 2020 member merchandise, where relevant. You will simply need to present your collection voucher(s), which you will find attached to your $20 Team Store Discount Voucher if your 2020 package includes member merchandise for collection.

Moving to Digital Solutions

There will be some further changes for the 2021 season to introduce digital solutions where possible. This will include electronic membership barcodes for entry into the home games included with your membership, which will replace traditional membership cards.

We do understand some members will prefer to be issued a traditional barcoded membership card. If this is your preference, you will have the opportunity to advise us of this later in the year and there will be a small fee per card to produce, process, print and post cards to you.

Donation Pledges

Over the last month we have received many emails from members expressing a desire to provide further financial support. We have been overwhelmed by these messages and we sincerely appreciate these incredibly generous offers.

If this was something you enquired about, or you are interested in learning more about supporting the club in this way, you can visit https://asf.org.au/projects/brisbane-broncos-rugby-league-club/. All donations over $2 are tax deductible and contribute towards sustaining our community programs, assisting grassroots game development and supporting women’s rugby league.

Your Chance to Win!

We believe we have the most remarkable members in Australian sport and we truly appreciate this. As a small token of our gratitude, next week we will randomly draw 100 lucky members to win the prizes listed below. You will automatically be entered in the draw, along with all our 2020 members, then we will contact the winners next week. The initials and suburb of the winners will also be shown on the membership site.

100 Prizes to be Won:

- 10 x 2020 team signed home jerseys
- 90 x $30 Broncos Team Store gift vouchers

Good luck!

Member Hotline and Inbox

Whilst we continue to work remotely with skeleton staff our ability to re-open the phones remains limited, but we will open the member hotline Monday – Friday next week during normal operating hours. Please feel free to get in touch on 1300 46 2766 with any questions you may have, but we recommend reviewing the Q&As below as a starting point. You are also welcome to email membermail@broncos.com.au anytime and we will respond to you as soon as we can.

This email has only been sent to Primary Account Holders so we would ask that you share this information with other members on your account, where relevant.

Thank you again for the incredible support you have shown us through this difficult period. Stay safe, stay well and before we know it, we will be back in the stands cheering on the team like never before.

Kind regards

Broncos Membership Team

b71906a2-16d9-41b9-88cb-d0b3325cdc66.jpg

What will you need from me to complete the automatic rollover of my 2020 ticketed membership(s) into 2021 at no further cost to me?

We do not anticipate needing anything further from you, but if we do require any details or information we will be in touch with you in due course.

If I paid by cash/cheque for my 2020 membership, will I still be included in the rollover?

Yes, ticketed members who paid for their 2020 membership in full by cash or cheque will still be automatically rolled over for 2021 at no further cost to them. Then when you receive your 2022 rollover correspondence you will be able to pay for your 2022 renewal by cash or cheque again if that remains your preference.

If I have reserved seats, will I keep my same seats?

Yes, you will retain your same seats for 2021 during the automatic rollover process. The classification of your membership will also be retained (i.e. Adult/Concession/Junior).

If I have a Junior member on my account who turns 17 years old in 2021, how do I make that change?

We will make these updates prior to the 2021 rollover, based on the date of birth on the account. Juniors turning 17 years old in 2021 will have their membership classification changed to ‘concession’. You will not be charged for this change in 2021, but when rollover opens for 2022 you will receive rollover correspondence that reflects the relevant concession price for those seat(s).

How do I make changes to my 2021 membership, such as adding seats or changing names?

Instructions for adding seats or changing names will be included in the rollover confirmation email, which will be sent to all ticketed members who automatically rollover for 2021.

If I have reserved seats, will I still be able to access a Seat Change Window for 2021?

Yes, ticketed members with reserved seat(s) who are automatically rolled over will still have access to a seat change window. Any seating upgrades made during that time would be priced accordingly and you would be charged the difference based on what was paid for the 2020 season.

What will happen if crowds are able to attend any of the 2020 games still to be played?

If this does become possible, we will provide further communication to all ticketed members once that formal advice was received. As such, it is important to keep all your contact details up to date so we can continue to provide you news updates, information and offers.

How will my membership rollover work for 2022?

Rollover for 2022 will revert back to the usual procedure. You will receive rollover correspondence towards the end of the 2021 season. This will provide you the relevant cost for 2022 and will also include an opt out period if you do not wish to rollover for 2022. At that time, it will be important to update your credit card details if your card expires or changes.

Can I still collect my 2020 member merchandise?

Once the Clive Berghofer Centre re-opens you are welcome to come and collect your 2020 member merchandise, where relevant. You will simply need to present your collection voucher(s), which you will find attached to your $20 Team Store Discount Voucher if your 2020 package includes member merchandise. We will update our website when the Clive Berghofer Centre re-opens.

I understand member merchandise will not be included in ticketed membership packages next season, but will I still be able to purchase a 2021 member cap and member polo?

Yes, our plan is to produce a 2021 member cap and 2021 member polo for you to purchase from Broncos Team Store if you wish. We will keep these products as affordable as possible, but we equally want to ensure it is a quality product for you.

Just give people the option of getting a refund.

There is a real possibility there won't be any crowds in 2021 either.

If we have to go crowdless in 2021 then that should be an option. Given how memberships increase in price yearly, it's not a bad deal. At least the club isn't begging members to "donate" this years membership fee.

I'd rather the money back and me make the call.

Also. I can print the membership cards for people. With custom designs - anything you want really.

Social distancing is going to remain until there is a vaccine. If one isn't created in the next 18 months, they might review but until then it's unlikely they are going to allow a gathering of 50,000 people all cramped up together. That's how second waves start.

2021? FMD are you also afraid of the boogeyman?

2021? FMD are you also afraid of the boogeyman?

It's either you're purposely acting like a moron for the sake of being a troll, we're all bored. Or you really don't understand how pandemics work. Thankfully the Government are listening to people that do.

It's either you're purposely acting like a moron for the sake of being a troll, we're all bored. Or you really don't understand how pandemics work. Thankfully the Government are listening to people that do.
Do pandemics often have zero new cases most days?
It was worrying at one point a few weeks ago, but you thinking it will carry on into next year is laughable/sad.

It was worrying at one point a few weeks ago, but you thinking it will carry on into next year is laughable/sad.

Please just leave this thread. You've been active for what? Less than a week, and people are already reaching out about you, again.

Your head is still where it was when you decided you needed a break. I assumed it was to remove it.

You move to another discussion like a grown up, or we start throwing bans and points around. I don't care either way, but this stops now.

Please just leave this thread. You've been active for what? Less than a week, and people are already reaching out about you, again.

Your head is still where it was when you decided you needed a break. I assumed it was to remove it.

You move to another discussion like a grown up, or we start throwing bans and points around. I don't care either way, but this stops now.
Yeah righto.

It’s been two months and as soon as I have an opposing view, I get called a moron and people run to the report function. Really embarrassing actually.

Maybe throw some points at the posters calling people names and the other ones trying to dredge up old arguments to get some likes.

Last edited:
Yeah righto.

It’s been two months and as soon as I have an opposing view, I get called a moron and people run to the report function. Really embarrassing actually.

Maybe throw some points at the posters calling people names and the other ones trying to dredge up old arguments to get some likes.

Just want to clear something up here. No one has issues with opposing views, this forum and every discussion point lives off opposing views, without them there would be no discussion. The issue is you either inadvertently or purposely don't take any other opinions in and just say the same thing over and over, without even addressing the other posters replies. This is what comes across as trolling.

FWIW I have been in your position where my past actions on here lead to everyone (rightly so) assuming I am continuing to be an arsehole even after I started trying to be a more productive member of this community. It takes a while for people to take you seriously which is fair enough and during that time you feel like everyone is against you.

My point to all this is that if you are genuine and want to make a better contribution to this community (which is an amazing community) just consider advice that is given to you (especially from the mods) and realise that no-one is against you if you aren't being a troll.

Last edited:
You'd be wise to listen to B4L.

Your opinion is dangerous. If you want O go out and risk yourself and others, I don't care. Do not post shit here that will make others, or convince others, to think it's not still serious. This isn't some debate I expect a response to. Shut up and discuss the other topics.

And don't complain to me that people give you shit. We have been over it. You made your bed, lay in it, and change what people think. You're doing a shit job so far.

This whole thread is laughable and Sad dude.

Personally, I don't think we will get there. I would be surprised that if we get to October and crowds aren't back into full swing. Only a sudden rise in cases would really turn 2021 into a no crowd comp. The key is moving slowly in reopening things. We still only have 7k confirmed cases in the country which is bloody amazing if you ask me. There is no way international travel will be allowed until 2022 or a cure, so its just dealing with the current cases which are dropping dramatically over the weeks. The PM is very keen to get everything back to normal as quick as possible for everyone's sakes.

Social distancing is going to remain until there is a vaccine. If one isn't created in the next 18 months, they might review but until then it's unlikely they are going to allow a gathering of 50,000 people all cramped up together. That's how second waves start.
I'd say we'll be allowed to attend large gatherings long before international travel is opened again

Broncos membership team is operating this week if anyone needs to call them.

Active Now

• Astro
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Morkel
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Skyblues87
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Clintos
  • Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Big Del
  • Mr Fourex
  • Fozz
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.