Broncos need ..... ????

PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Broncos need Ashley Taylor to arrest lack of playmaking control
PAUL MALONE, The Courier-MailSeptember 24, 2017 4:41pm
Subscriber only
BRISBANE’S lack of playmaking control in their season-ending loss to Melbourne on Friday only emphasises the attraction of Titans halfback Ash Taylor for their 2019 recruiting plans.
Broncos halves Kodi Nikorima and Anthony Milford were unable to force a line dropout and coach Wayne Bennett remarked at his post-match media conference that his kickers had between them put five kicks over the dead-ball line.
Ex-Broncos halfback Taylor is off-contract at the end of next year and it is now a question of whether Bennett can wait 12 months before spending on another half.
One of his early calls to make after the 30-0 loss to Melbourne is whether Brisbane can contend for the premiership with Nikorima as the first-choice halfback, with Bennett promising fans on Friday his side would be “older and smarter’’ next season.
LOSS: Bennett spotlight on ‘exposed’
EXIT: Hunt shattered as Broncos caereer over

e3c356d7231d6aecebb212b527e3058f

Ashley Taylor is off-contract in 2019.
Nikorima had his moments in running the ball and positioning his supports, but Brisbane’s short-kicking game, supplied in the finals by Nikorima, Milford and the outgoing playmakers Ben Hunt and Benji Marshall, was not good enough.
Like other clubs, the Broncos will keep a keen eye on the off-season “sales’’, when clubs release players to accommodate incoming signings.
But bringing any well-established players to Red Hill would require delisting players even with a salary cap increase to $9.4 million in 2018.
0:00
/
0:55
d82b9d9b707f8fe8fd435e05ebe43690

13cd938ccedd81f2416d4f3d617902f9

Broncos bomb certain tries
Bennett said last October he did not expect to add to his roster over that off-season, but signed Marshall when he became available and forwards Korbin Sims and Mitchell Dodds, both of whom had seasons hit by injury.
Club recruiters regard patience a virtue during October and November as players are moved on to make salary cap room for more desired recruits.
Bennett has a left-centre position to fill because of Tautau Moga’s departure to Newcastle.

Speaking of failing to get a repeat set, can someone find a video of the grubber that was put through that Slater looked to have touched before it hit the ground. It was close.

Close? That fella is allowed to play the ball forward. Nowhere near close when it's him we're talking about.
He can break the laws of physics.... if that ain't immortal material I'm not sure anything is. Hell he might even be immortal

The big screen replay at the ground implied to be there was little doubt Slater touched it, there was certainly no reason to overturn that decision that's for sure, it was a huge moment in the game.

It's amazing how many of these things happen against one team in a game.

The big screen replay at the ground implied to be there was little doubt Slater touched it, there was certainly no reason to overturn that decision that's for sure, it was a huge moment in the game.

Watching on TV and the ball appeared to touch the ground a fraction of a second before Slater touched it. However, i was under the impression that the Bunker was only permitted to rule on try scoring plays, so he shouldn't have been permitted to intervene in that situation.

Watching on TV and the ball appeared to touch the ground a fraction of a second before Slater touched it. However, i was under the impression that the Bunker was only permitted to rule on try scoring plays, so he shouldn't have been permitted to intervene in that situation.

Anything in-goal apparently.

I only saw one very quick replay at the ground so you are most probably right but it certainly didn't look conclusive enough to overturn.

As for the NAP try, how did the grounding look on that one? It looked a little suss on the one replay we got but they didn't even review it.

The reality is, the way we (Moga) bombed everything and played inside our shell for some reason, we never looked like scoring but just wondering about that try.

no talk of the front row stocks which is bordering on pathetic now. Cowboys suiting up with Scott and Mclean next year yet we have another season of having little certainty around ours.

While I agree we could use one more premier prop, I think we are doing far better with forwards than people are saying.

Jack Bird
George Fai
Matt Gillett
Alex Glenn
Matt Lodge(?)
Josh McGuire
Joe O
TPJ
Andre Savelio
Korbin Sims
Jayden Sua
Sam Thaiday

While I agree we could use one more premier prop, I think we are doing far better with forwards than people are saying.

Jack Bird
George Fai
Matt Gillett
Alex Glenn
Matt Lodge(?)
Josh McGuire
Joe O
TPJ
Andre Savelio
Korbin Sims
Jayden Sua
Sam Thaiday

I think bird will be the center replacement , not sure we have someone better. He is a premiership winning center after all. If we want a mobile lock , why not gillo or glenn.

I think bird will be the center replacement , not sure we have someone better. He is a premiership winning center after all. If we want a mobile lock , why not gillo or glenn.

He has been hinting to Bennett that he wants the no.13, but i agree with you and i hope he is the replacement for Moga, he can pass as well!

I think Bird will put on a few kg and play lock. my tip is Opacic to take the left center position,

I just think bird is the better fit at center for now, for the good of the team n all . Nothing against opacic but bird is definitely the stronger choice.

Gillo has been mooted around here occasionally, I for one would be happy to give either a shot but it'd mean we'd have to move Oates to the back row or rely on a young'n there like Su'a or TPJ.

I'm thinking Gillett to lock as well with Bird taking his right second row spot.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.