NEWS Broncos owner wants Walters

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
The Broncos’ largest private shareholder, Phil Murphy, is relieved to see the back of Pies, and has no doubts about his successor:

“Anthony Seibold has been too scientific for the players, it has all been too much for them. They just want to enjoy their football, not get hammered with stuff that is irrelevant. We have become the biggest rabble in Australian sport. It’s beyond belief. I fully support a change of coach. Kevvie is a good bloke and a Broncos legend and he understands the club.

“Kevvie’s manner is what the club needs. He is happy-go-lucky. He can bring some harmony and culture back to the Broncos. If Kevvie got the job, it would be wonderful for the club. There are some great coaches in the game at the moment that could also be available. There are coaches out there who would love to come and raise the Broncos up to where they were.”

Billy Moore says Seibold is just the start of purge:

“The coach (Anthony Seibold) and the CEO (White, leaving October 31) are going so they are the major figureheads in any organisation. But there are more fingerprints on this disaster than the CEO and the coach. The retention committee needs a shake-up. They need to have a good look at themselves. There is a big question mark over Peter Nolan I believe."

"I am happy to shout from the highest regions that Ben Ikin should get the CEO’s job. He is a perfect fit - he brings integrity and is a thorough professional who has credibility not only because of his rugby league IQ but he has also had forays into the business world. People have been saying the Broncos need to do a rebuild but they will go close to getting the wooden spoon so this will take some time.”

McHunt

not if the majority owner don't want him
giphy.gif

I for one hope those in charge sign Kevin up. Hes the cheery in top for this year

Do shareholders get to pick the coach though? I wouldn't have thought so.
Only the Murdoch shares get a say, and bad news sells better than good news so they'd probably prefer we stay in a cycle of shit coaches.

Do shareholders get to pick the coach though? I wouldn't have thought so.

Phil Murphy wouldn't
News Corp sort of do, because they have a representative on the Broncos board (Karl Morris)

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • heartly87
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.