Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Guess it is time to join this year...

I think this thread will be quiet for awhile. I think we've topped out our chequebook somehow in recent weeks :lol:

I think this thread will be quiet for a while.

Somehow, I doubt it. Nashy would be able to save on hosting fees during the off-season if it wasn't for this thread.

Yep lol. We all know how players and clubs talk fibs.

Just as we know fans claim to be in the know when they aren't.

Correct. But some are too

[h=1]Sydney Roosters stick by Shaun Kenny-Dowall as Dale Copley reshuffle looms[/h]THE Sydney Roosters will stand by troubled centre Shaun Kenny-Dowall at least until he faces another court appearance over domestic violence charges next month.
But the outcome of the looming court case has the potential to force a three-way juggling act in the Roosters’ backline in 2016.
Kenny-Dowall is expected back in court in late February, and depending on the outcome, could face a club ban and also NRL punishment.
Until then, the Roosters will back the Kiwi Test star, who has impressed upon returning to training this week after completing an intense program over the summer break.
Kenny-Dowall’s uncertain future comes as the Tricolours are favoured to sign unwanted Broncos centre Dale Copley.
Copley is expected to link with the Roosters over a number of clubs, including the Cowboys, Panthers and Storm in the coming days.
Gold Coast are still in contention for the 24-year-old’s signature, but the Tricolours remain in the box seat.

Whichever club lures Copley, they will pick him up on a reduced deal.
Brisbane have publically stated they will pay part of his new contract after telling him he is free to look elsewhere when they signed Gold Coast centre James Roberts last month.
It is understood the Broncos are going to tip in approximately $100,000, meaning the Roosters will still have to pay $200,000 to $250,000 for Copley in 2016.
Copley’s potential arrival at Bondi could force star centre Michael Jennings to find a new club, understood to be Parramatta, due to the salary cap.
Chief executive Brian Canavan was adamant Jennings wasn’t leaving when contacted earlier this week.
“Michael is on contract until the end of 2016, and all of our preparation has him playing in the centres with possible (centre) partner Shaun Kenny-Dowall,” Canavan said.
It can be revealed Parramatta officials are prepared to speak to Jennings’ manager Isaac Moses, who arrived home from an overseas holiday on Thursday, about luring the Test and Origin centre to Sydney’s west.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-reshuffle-looms/story-fni3gn3s-1227702959660

So the Roosters will have to drop Jennings to get Copley?

And the Eels, who tried to shaft Foran because his deal was causing problems with the salary cap, want to pick up Jennings?

That make sense.

So the Roosters will have to drop Jennings to get Copley?

And the Eels, who tried to shaft Foran because his deal was causing problems with the salary cap, want to pick up Jennings?

That make sense.

Lets not forget the whole Hopoate mess ...

I can't see the Roosters losing Jennings while being at risk of losing SKD as well.

That too!

No I think he's saying that Hopoate was on like $800k and they got rid of him, which opened up enough money to pay the last of Foran's contract with quite a bit left over (For Jennings, if he comes)

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Skyblues87
  • Culhwch
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Organix
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Browny
  • LittleDavey
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.