Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason behind it cause warriors are offering a 4 year deal on big money and us wont go near their money or length of the contract Good luck to him and hope the warriors dont kill another career

Damn. Let's just win the comp this year then.

Whats the song they play after every try? pls help

inb4 sandstorm

4 year deal?.. Isn't he like 32 next season? Best of luck Warriors, you incompetent bastards.
Not yet.

And two, he says the NRL has botched official records of his age. Every available NRL source lists Blair’s birthdate as March 20, 1986, making the Broncos enforcer 31.

But the Kiwi international insists he was born in 1987, meaning he has only just turned 30.

“Have you got that on record now?” Blair says, hoping his declaration reaches the ears of NRL record-keepers.

“That’s another year in the legs.”

Blair's age being listed a year older than it actually is was probably an attempt from the Storm to get him playing in the NRL when he was 17, which is how old he would've been at the start of the 2006 season. (Although he debuted in Round 4, just after his "18th" birthday.)

Blair's age being listed a year older than it actually is was probably an attempt from the Storm to get him playing in the NRL when he was 17, which is how old he would've been at the start of the 2006 season. (Although he debuted in Round 4, just after his "18th" birthday.)
The rule didn't exist back then did it? I thought this 18 to play NRL thing was introduced in the last year or two. Jordan Rankin played for the Titans at 16 years old, and that was in 2008.

The rule didn't exist back then did it? I thought this 18 to play NRL thing was introduced in the last year or two. Jordan Rankin played for the Titans at 16 years old, and that was in 2008.

Not to mention Chris Lawrence made a memorable debut that year as a high school student against the Brisbane Broncos. He was only 17 at the time, so there's something fishy going on here.

To be fair, it happens a fair bit. I remember a few U/20s players who were '21' going by the media guide and yet still played 20s. (Jacob Samoa & Josh Drinkwater come to mind)

Hannay was stopped at 16- I thought that brought about the change.

I don't understand why Bennett would let him leave or even may of asked him to. Bennett worked hard with Blair, Bennett made Blair a captain of the Broncos. Unless he had a good prop or another good player coming to the club. This is just a stupid move

Bennett has shown time and time again that he puts players first over the club. If a player can set up his life, he's not going to stand in his way if we're only willing to give him one more year. That's what a good club does, yes sure it kind of hurts us, but also not really, because we're far more likely to get quality players come to us, and stick with us because of our attitude towards players.

Do you think Milf will ever go back to Canberra after they tried everything possible to prevent him from leaving? Not a chance and he'll tell anyone in private who's willing to listen to avoid the club too.

Blair was supposedly born on March 20th 1986 and made his debut against the Tigers on the 2nd of April 2006.

Even if he was one year younger, he would have been 19.

Bennett has shown time and time again that he puts players first over the club. If a player can set up his life, he's not going to stand in his way if we're only willing to give him one more year. That's what a good club does, yes sure it kind of hurts us, but also not really, because we're far more likely to get quality players come to us, and stick with us because of our attitude towards players.

Do you think Milf will ever go back to Canberra after they tried everything possible to prevent him from leaving? Not a chance and he'll tell anyone in private who's willing to listen to avoid the club too.

This.

Blair would like to stay, but we can't offer him the money or the length of contract. Bennett doesn't want him to leave but won't stop him if it sets him up.

Blair was supposedly born on March 20th 1986 and made his debut against the Tigers on the 2nd of April 2006.

Even if he was one year younger, he would have been 19.

Blair was in the same grade as me at school and I'm born in 1986. Kids never went up a grade at school usually the other way by repeating year 12. So he's either 1986 or 1985

The rule was brought in after the doctors came out and said Greg Inglis's back issues and stress fractures were a result of playing NRL too young. Jarryd Hayne made his debut at 17 and a few others did too....but the medical people said it was better to wait until they are more physically developed.
I think. Ha ha.

Blair will be a big loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Dee
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Tmac
  • kiwibronco
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • Maroon4life
  • Rambstien
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.