Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
"OR WILL BE BY 2019"...... how many times have you tried to prove me wrong in the past few months with my OWN comments? I like a debate, but I like it when people argue your points with fact. You seem to try to point out things I've said that I haven't everytime rather then bringing valid points to the argument. It's getting embarrassing tbh

How I read English is if you say they’re in the top squad now or will be then you’re claiming a mixture of some currently in the squad and some will be in the future. They are two statements.

I am disputing the current statement.

How I read English is if you say they’re in the top squad now or will be then you’re claiming a mixture of some currently in the squad and some will be in the future. They are two statements.

Woah! You got me man! Finally, you have gotten revenge for me proving you wrong multiple times. Great job. You really got me with this one! It really changes my point of view and totally alters the argument. Great job.

Now you can tell all your nrl player mates and inside men you know but coincidentally you only tell us info that is either already on the internet or completely speculative (eg "he feels", "he wants", "he's a great guy" "he probably will do this" etc etc). I'm still struggling to understand why you're giving this "inside info" on here, a fans forum, rather then selling it to the media. You obviously don't care that your telling mates secrets, additionally, I don't talk to my mates about specifics about my work... just like footy players don't, so I'm still struggling to understand how you know how every footy player feels about every contract...

Of course this completely speculative in regards to figures, but let's for arguments sake speculate the figures.....

Remembering we need to replace the player leaving in our squad with at least an average of $100,000 players so these figures factor that in....

Thaiday would save us 300,000
Mead 50,000
Glenn 300,000
Sims 100,000
Kahu 300,000

This is of course with them getting replaced with near minimum wage players. Highly rated juniors or proven nrl players get a lot more then this (haas was speculated to be on 200,000 with no nrl experience). Then we have to factor in upgrades to Oates, Sua and others off contract this year, and what if those players we want to be released (not just not re-signed when they are off contract) aren't wanted by other clubs or those clubs want us to pay a portion of their contract?

And "the salary cap is going up" doesn't really mean anything because every teams cap is going up therefore wage demands will go up for every player...

If we did only lose those players I am all for it, but we will lose a few we don't want too if we get into a bidding war for him. I'm not saying we shouldn't get him or that it will make us worse, I'm saying we will take a hit to get him that a lot of people will not like. It's a gamble...
Wow, you're assuming we're offering over $1M per season to Taylor? I highly doubt that will be the case, and I bet you we will get him for less than the Tits are offering him.

We don't have players "we would want to release" beyond 2018 as far as I know.

Your hypothesis is imo an unrealistic worst case scenario, and that is where we disagree, as I can't see Bennett, White or the Broncos board letting that happen.

Btw

Either:

Definition

used before the first of two (or occasionally more) given alternatives (the other being introduced by ‘or’).

Or:

Definition: used to link alternatives

Alternatives:

Definition: one of two or more available possibilities.

LEARN ENGLISH IF YOU ARE GOING TO CALL SOMEONE OUT ON IT.... otherwise you look like a COMPLETE idiot...

Last edited:
Are any of the 20s players and guys like Fifita and Paix in the top squad next year?

I think a few 20’s guys like Carrigan. Broncos aim for three moving up from 20’s.

Haas has always stepped up; last year for NSW 18’s he was the youngest player 42 mins and 17 tackles and picked from the Gold Coast too not NSW like all the other guys.

I would be shocked and a little appalled if a guy went from MM to an NRL squad. Just can’t see it. Paix will play HD and unless Woomba get an ISC team will have to move.

Fifta is an interesting one.

Wow, you're assuming we're offering over $1M per season to Taylor? I highly doubt that will be the case, and I bet you we will get him for less than the Tits are offering him.

We don't have players "we would want to release" beyond 2018 as far as I know.

Your hypothesis is imo an unrealistic worst case scenario, and that is where we disagree, as I can't see Bennett, White or the Broncos board letting that happen.
I agree, it is worst case scenario. That's what I'm pointing out, the worst scenario, just as you are pointing out the best scenario correct? I don't think we will pay $1 million, Bennett and Nolan wouldn't be that stupid surely. I was just showing a few players to show how hard it will be to get to $800,000-ish

I agree, it is worst case scenario. That's what I'm pointing out, the worst scenario, just as you are pointing out the best scenario correct? I don't think we will pay $1 million, Bennett and Nolan wouldn't be that stupid surely. I was just showing a few players to show how hard it will be to get to $800,000-ish
Based on your guesses in regards to cap amounts, I have no problem losing Thaiday, Mead, Sims and Glenn to get to that figure, and I don't even think that is best case scenario either.

Based on your guesses in regards to cap amounts, I have no problem losing Thaiday, Mead, Sims and Glenn to get to that figure, and I don't even think that is best case scenario either.
That's correct. They are guesses. In the end, that's all we are all doing.
In closing, I would welcome the signing of ash Taylor but I HOPE that it doesn't cost us in other areas. We aren't that far off being a premiership team as we are...

Ok, thanks for the info.

In what way is Fifita an interesting one?

I could see them doing a Taylor with him. Taylor was still in grade 12 and getting flown down to play ISC for Toowoomba in 2005. Gee was starting him in the front row against men. Still claim Toowoomba v Redcliffe 2005 he took on the Dolphins pack and won. That was Lindsay, Burke, Roberts, Green. Tough men who won the comp in 2006.

That’s why it will be interesting what they do with him.

That's correct. They are guesses. In the end, that's all we are all doing.
In closing, I would welcome the signing of ash Taylor but I HOPE that it doesn't cost us in other areas. We aren't that far off being a premiership team as we are...
So we agree, except about being a premiership team as we are. :p

My assumption was that most were off kicks, but I could be wrong.

They could be, some wouldn’t obviously but that is still a pretty standout performance given where his team finished on the ladder and what he had to work with, IMHO.

Put him in a far better side over all and one can only imagine that rate will improve. With Milf’s game based so much on his running ability I don’t think a half partner who is particularly strong with attacking kicks is a bad dynamic to have in a team at all.

I could see them doing a Taylor with him. Taylor was still in grade 12 and getting flown down to play ISC for Toowoomba in 2005. Gee was starting him in the front row against men. Still claim Toowoomba v Redcliffe 2005 he took on the Dolphins pack and won. That was Lindsay, Burke, Roberts, Green. Tough men who won the comp in 2006.

That’s why it will be interesting what they do with him.

Would he be in the top squad then?

The big 3 at storm all earn over 1mil each.
And have the best prop and best centre in the game, along with 4 other origin players and 7 other tier 1 rep players...

But hey, "broncos are over the cap" when they sign a half no one wants or a bench prop from England because ryan said so in the Facebook comments....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • davidp
  • Dony Eliakim
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Wolfie
  • Culhwch
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wild Horse
  • Mister Wright
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Rookie Alan
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • LockyersLeftBoot
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.