Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What, two of the teams in the running suddenly announce that not only can they afford him, but they were under the cap last year, and you’re hesitant to believe them? You’re so cynical.

The better teams leave some room in the cap for emergency or opportune signings, but no way they leave as much as the Roosters and Sharks claim. Even accounting for sacking SKD, he was on the books for the majority of the season, so it wouldn’t save them much.

Or the big big money signing of Tedesco.

I mean, look at this:

Out: Evans, Guerra, SKD

In: Cronk, Tedesco, Keary

Riiiiiiiiight.

Or the big big money signing of Tedesco.

I mean, look at this:

Out: Evans, Guerra, SKD

In: Cronk, Tedesco, Keary

Riiiiiiiiight.

you forget that Evans, Guerra and SKD were all on decent coin ...

but Tedesco, Cronk and Keary will sign for minimum wage plus match fees of a can of coke and mars bar

"Poaching clubs like Brisbane Broncos"

You mean the club Ash debuted for?? but yeah I can see how we're a fucking poaching club.

**** I hate these cuuuuuunts

Saw this myself and I found it ironic given he made his fucking debut at this club and people wonder why Bennett has no time for the media. They didn't have a problem when the Roosters poached Hodges from the Broncos nor the mountain of other players that have come through our system. In fact they sunk to a new low running a story on ACA making out Hodges was a total victim and Bennett and the Broncos were out to get him because they dared to give Brent Tate a run because they needed to prepare for the future.

Saw this myself and I found it ironic given he made his fucking debut at this club and people wonder why Bennett has no time for the media. They didn't have a problem when the Roosters poached Hodges from the Broncos nor the mountain of other players that have come through our system. In fact they sunk to a new low running a story on ACA making out Hodges was a total victim and Bennett and the Broncos were out to get him because they dared to give Brent Tate a run because they needed to prepare for the future.

TBF, they didn't exactly poach Hodges.

TBF, they didn't exactly poach Hodges.

We weren't exactly trying to poach Taylor either, hell they probably wouldn't have had him if Bennett wanted to stand in his way given he was still already on contract. Plenty of clubs throw money at our players and not a whisper from the media, we want to re-sign a former player and it's outrageous.

Last edited:
So my question is, if Ash does stay at the Tits, where does that leave us? Is Kodi now the #7 moving forward? Will we blood Boyd or Paix sooner? What's the long term plan here if Ash is no longer an option?

So my question is, if Ash does stay at the Tits, where does that leave us? Is Kodi now the #7 moving forward? Will we blood Boyd or Paix sooner? What's the long term plan here if Ash is no longer an option?

Wherever Cronk signs is going to cause a ripple effect of player(s) moving clubs I reckon, we just need to pounce if someone good becomes available, even if it's only a short-term deal.

If nobody becomes available to our liking, we just need to suck it up and hope that Nikorima develops a well above average kicking game, the equation is pretty simple, if he does, we're going to be very good, if he doesn't, we probably won't be.

can't blood either until 2019 at the earliest ... they are both 16
Dang.

Well, most of us were cool with the fact Kodi was going to be #7 for next season until we inevitably signed Taylor... but maybe he'll be the stopgap before we bring through one of the youngsters.

Dang.

Well, most of us were cool with the fact Kodi was going to be #7 for next season until we inevitably signed Taylor... but maybe he'll be the stopgap before we bring through one of the youngsters.

I think that is our best option.

Thats a good question for joe or rodger wilco ? It leaves us with keeping faith in kodi and hoping our juniors develope . Either way i think we are behind the 8 ball now.

We are totally signing Mitchell Pearce.

can't blood either until 2019 at the earliest ... they are both 16

Aren’t they in grade 12 so would be turning 17? Not saying next season but 2019 they would be an option

Aren’t they in grade 12 so would be turning 17? Not saying next season but 2019 they would be an option

hence why i said we can't blood them until 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• lynx000
  • Stix
  • BroncosAlways
  • LittleDavey
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • whykickamoocow
  • Skathen
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.