Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
They released Guerra say circa 650, Evans 450 from memory and SKD circa 500. Also carter, Watson and Liam knight all on small deals. They upgraded Napa to 800 as we were going hard after him, Matterson would of also received a decent upgrade and Ferguson. And signed 2 mil worth of talent on top, plus base contracts to make up the numbers for the other few who left the 30 man squad.
Napa on 800!! **** me!! Really??

They released Guerra say circa 650, Evans 450 from memory and SKD circa 500. Also carter, Watson and Liam knight all on small deals. They upgraded Napa to 800 as we were going hard after him, Matterson would of also received a decent upgrade and Ferguson. And signed 2 mil worth of talent on top, plus base contracts to make up the numbers for the other few who left the 30 man squad.
If Evans was on any more than 300k then I'm the Queen of England.

If Evans was on any more than 300k then I'm the Queen of England.
Proves my point even more. How can they fit these signings in and not release anything of decent value ?

Proves my point even more. How can they fit these signings in and not release anything of decent value ?
My biggest issue with the roosters and the cap is if they don’t release anyone (anyone high profile anyway) that means they simply had 1million bucks sitting there. Now sure having a million sitting there going to waste is bad business. Also, 90% of people were confident and for good reason that Cronk would not play on. You can’t tell me that they have 1 million sitting there on the off chance that Cronk would play on? Surely they can’t have been that confident? And with no other big names off contract what exactly were they saving that cash for? Giving Jayden nikorima a pay rise for playing with Wyong Roos maybe

Player managers and media personalities who want to push the 'Broncos are Over the Cap' narrative that their jobs rely on.
Funny you say that, because didn't they then go out of their way to show how the roosters are under the cap??

I can remember hearing the tele put an article out with the reported wages of each roosters player to prove they could afford Cooper.

Why haven't these same reporters done it for the broncos to show we're living with a $30m cap.

Either way - we are Brisbane, our economy of living is significantly cheaper by 15%, the lifestyle is much more attractive than say Penrith (my former club) and certainly far more history and appeal. We attract many more sponsors - so really we should have a theortical ability of a cap with 11.5Million. Our recruitment has had some serious question marks the past 3 years.

I don't think much is going to get done until Wayne gets back from World Cup duties. Hopefully he brings Alex Walmsley, George Williams and Jermaine McGillvary back with him.

Broncos have voiced interest in Jaryd Hayne, with Titans paying abit of the contract.

Broncos have voiced interest in Jaryd Hayne, with Titans paying abit of the contract.
A bit of it... they'd wanna be carrying 90% of that garbage contract.

**** it they're stupid enough to put a $1.2m contract in the player's favour out there they should wear it

Yeah I'd take him for a year at centre with the Titans paying 700-800k of his salary. Would be worth it just to see Tallis and co's meltdowns.

Reading the articles they're saying compassionate grounds.

Does that make his contract null and void or do they still need to pick up the leftovers of wherever he signs??

If they get out of this whole saga without having to cop the majority of that contract it'll be total BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.