Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we still debating over Kodi????? He does not have the talent and is not suited to half in this era of the game.

We've missed out on Pearce... . Theres no other solid half on the market. Fresh forwards with long term potential and Kodi at half will equate to an awkward first 10 rounds. Id say bottom of 8, 6-7 finish.
Will be clunky all season, Macca McGuire and Boyd will be frustrated constantly. Sam will be sponsored by seafolly and im sure Roberts will implode and become introverted during many a matches.

As much as Wayne has 10x more experience than we have, im a little disappointed at the roster management since 2015 especially with some of the silent gambles hoping for a queen of the nile feature. A lot is very untypical Wayne so i do wonder what his end game is - or if hes being tied up.

We finished 3rd this season with kodi, mild and hunt drppping form or being injured. I think we can expect 3rd or 4th again. The finals will be a different game altogether and we now have a lot of experience in the team for it.
As for Wayne being tied up. It is the off season, so if he's into bondage,I say live and let live. :p

Why are we still debating over Kodi????? He does not have the talent and is not suited to half in this era of the game.

We've missed out on Pearce... . Theres no other solid half on the market. Fresh forwards with long term potential and Kodi at half will equate to an awkward first 10 rounds. Id say bottom of 8, 6-7 finish.
Will be clunky all season, Macca McGuire and Boyd will be frustrated constantly. Sam will be sponsored by seafolly and im sure Roberts will implode and become introverted during many a matches.

As much as Wayne has 10x more experience than we have, im a little disappointed at the roster management since 2015 especially with some of the silent gambles hoping for a queen of the nile feature. A lot is very untypical Wayne so i do wonder what his end game is - or if hes being tied up.
No offense, but this is the stupidest shit I've seen come from this forum.

Man o man. I am just a nobody but kodi has potential, I saw a few things from him last year to give me confidence in our team. The thing is our coaches have to formulate a game plan that fit our players strengths and moves away from their weaknesses. You can't always have the complete package to work with. If our short kicking game is not ace then fucking have a run and take the tackle 2m out and have them do a work out set from their 2m. There is plenty of ways to play strategy in a game of footy. We need to be stronger in the middle and after blairs world cup i am sure we will be with lodge. I am optimistic with pur team this year. We will be top 4 if not 1.

Man o man. I am just a nobody but kodi has potential, I saw a few things from him last year to give me confidence in our team. The thing is our coaches have to formulate a game plan that fit our players strengths and moves away from their weaknesses. You can't always have the complete package to work with. If our short kicking game is not ace then fucking have a run and take the tackle 2m out and have them do a work out set from their 2m. There is plenty of ways to play strategy in a game of footy. We need to be stronger in the middle and after blairs world cup i am sure we will be with lodge. I am optimistic with pur team this year. We will be top 4 if not 1.
The issue is that in the modern game, the ability to maintain pressure is paramount when you're playing the better teams, and that is almost impossible to do without a reasonably good kicking game, which we unfortunately still don't have.

Kodi is definitely talented, but like Milford and Hunt before him, he's not a halfback, he's a Five-Eight/Fullback. Besides, he has the weakest kicking game of all three and isn't too flash in the organisation department either.

Unless Hodkinson becomes an option (if his knees aren't permanently shot), I don't see anyone on the market capable of filling the position, so we might as well give Kodi the opportunity to give it his best shot, and hope he and Milford are able to develop a reasonable partnership, leadership and hopefully better kicking.

Our roster management has been exceptional since 2015. It's actually probably one of Bennetts best points.

We have finished 2nd, 5th and 3rd since Bennetts been back and we have kept the best of our young forwards coming though whilst recruiting A class players, creating exceptional depth we haven't had in the years he was away, letting go dead wood (barba, Kennedy, etc) and making the hard tap on the shoulders to the veterans when needed. Pre-2015 we finished 8th, 12th and 8th with deadwood players rotting out our salary cap. The clean out and roster management has been extrodinarily good.

Line up of players (currently playing) that Bennett has let go since coming back to the Broncos

1. Ben Barba
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Dale Copley
4. Tautau Moga
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Jake Granville
10. Adam Blair
11. Keegan Hipgrave
12. Jai Arrow
13. Jarrod Wallace
---------------------
14. Matt Parcell
15. Caleb Timu
16. James Gavet
17. Mitchell Dodds

We finished 3rd this season with kodi, mild and hunt drppping form or being injured. I think we can expect 3rd or 4th again. The finals will be a different game altogether and we now have a lot of experience in the team for it.
As for Wayne being tied up. It is the off season, so if he's into bondage,I say live and let live. :p

We have a bigger, more skilful, and all round better pack next season as well. Hopefully McGuire can develop into an 80 minute lock and we’ll have ourselves what Parra did in Brown and the Sharks with Gallen.

Line up of players that Bennett has let go since coming back to the Broncos

1. Ben Barba
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Dale Copley
4. Tautau Moga
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Jake Granville
10. Adam Blair
11. Keegan Hipgrave
12. Jai Arrow
13. Jarrod Wallace
---------------------
14. Matt Parcell
15. Caleb Timu
16. James Gavet
17. Mitchell Dodds

If by letting go you mean clubs offering extreme overs. Barba is probably the only one that we truly let go that we should have kept in retrospect, but he was poo at the time for us. Taylor as well we should have kept, but we all thought Hunt would play for years to come.

Line up of players that Bennett has let go since coming back to the Broncos

1. Ben Barba
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Dale Copley
4. Tautau Moga
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Jake Granville
10. Adam Blair
11. Keegan Hipgrave
12. Jai Arrow
13. Jarrod Wallace
---------------------
14. Matt Parcell
15. Caleb Timu
16. James Gavet
17. Mitchell Dodds
Wow....that is a really crappy side apart from the halves and dummy half. You could also add Hannant, Vidot and Garbutt.

Line up of players (currently playing) that Bennett has let go since coming back to the Broncos

1. Ben Barba
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Dale Copley
4. Tautau Moga
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Jake Granville
10. Adam Blair
11. Keegan Hipgrave
12. Jai Arrow
13. Jarrod Wallace
---------------------
14. Matt Parcell
15. Caleb Timu
16. James Gavet
17. Mitchell Dodds
I'm not sure if you are arguing for or against his recruitment. That team would be lucky to make the top 15 lol

the only players who would make the top 17 at the broncos (possibly) out of those, Bennett or the player actually stated the club wanted to keep them but they didn't (smartly) pay massive overs like the other club did

I think it might be quite a bit tougher next season. At the very least, there should be at least 3 teams above us on paper.

I think it might be quite a bit tougher next season. At the very least, there should be at least 3 teams above us on paper.
Storm
Cowboys
......who

Oh yeah, the bloody chooks

1. Ben Barba
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Dale Copley
4. Tautau Moga
5. Josh Hoffman
6. Ashley Taylor
7. Ben Hunt
8. Herman Ese'ese
9. Jake Granville
10. Adam Blair
11. Keegan Hipgrave
12. Jai Arrow
13. Jarrod Wallace
---------------------
14. Matt Parcell
15. Caleb Timu
16. James Gavet
17. Mitchell Dodds
What's your point? that team is shit.

What's Blair got to do with anything? He gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• LGH
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.