Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if you are arguing for or against his recruitment. That team would be lucky to make the top 15 lol

the only players who would make the top 17 at the broncos (possibly) out of those, Bennett or the player actually stated the club wanted to keep them but they didn't (smartly) pay massive overs like the other club did

Not making an argument. Just enabling others to form an opinion by providing some sort of reference.

hes saying we need to be stronger in the middle, and after watching Blair struggle at the world cup, Lodge should be an improvement on the departing Blair.

Hopefully he's up for it, mentally as well as physically, because he is going to get slegded and sledged.

Hopefully he's up for it, mentally as well as physically, because he is going to get slegded and sledged.
Sure but I don't think his story is as well known to casuals. Definitely won't cop it like a Pearce or DCE.

Unless the media really run it into the ground in the build up.

Sure but I don't think his story is as well known to casuals. Definitely won't cop it like a Pearce or DCE.

Unless the media really run it into the ground in the build up.

I meant from other players. It will be relentless.

And of course the media will run it into the ground, it's the Broncos!

I meant from other players. It will be relentless.

And of course the media will run it into the ground, it's the Broncos!

Sledging Lodge would be like sledging Morley back in the day: I just wouldn't do it on a risk v reward basis.

Sledging Lodge would be like sledging Morley back in the day: I just wouldn't do it on a risk v reward basis.

Let's hope. But none the less, the potential is there for it to get to him - there is a lot of pressure on him to give the team what we need/have needed for a while.

Let's hope. But none the less, the potential is there for it to get to him - there is a lot of pressure on him to give the team what we need/have needed for a while.
Let's hope he doesn't read this forum then.:shhhhhhhhhhhhosh:

Back in the day Morley would just punch someone without huge consequences. Now days, you punch and your off the field for 10. Your only as good as a player if you are on the field so Bennett will be instructing to ignore everything and I have no doubt players will sledge him.

Pretty sure one of the guys said that he'd been copping it in droves while playing for Redcliffe. There might be more pressure in the NRL itself, but it could be argued that in Lodge's case, the pressure of staying on track and playing well enough to earn an NRL recall would be pretty intense too. I think he'll handle it.

Let's hope he doesn't read this forum then.:shhhhhhhhhhhhosh:

He should.

Fuel to the fire.

It's just hard, because the sledges will be what a scumbag he was, and it's 100% true. The challenge will be not to re-lapse when success comes his way.

What's Blair got to do with anything? He gone
Well seeing that he was our forwards leader. He had a poor year in my opinion and he had a poor world cup. Also his attitude was delusional at best post their exit. Not to metion i stated what blair has to do with it as I was saying next year we may be stronger due to Lodge being here and Blair not.

Any takers? He's much better than Waddell.

Attachments

• IMG_3548.PNG
    IMG_3548.PNG
    78.6 KB · Views: 158
Man o man. I am just a nobody but kodi has potential, I saw a few things from him last year to give me confidence in our team. The thing is our coaches have to formulate a game plan that fit our players strengths and moves away from their weaknesses. You can't always have the complete package to work with. If our short kicking game is not ace then fucking have a run and take the tackle 2m out and have them do a work out set from their 2m. There is plenty of ways to play strategy in a game of footy. We need to be stronger in the middle and after blairs world cup i am sure we will be with lodge. I am optimistic with pur team this year. We will be top 4 if not 1.
100% we did it in 2015 with a non conventional structure. We weren't predicable! Who was our attaching coach then..? Oh that's right... Walters.

He's never really been in a position to be able to negotiate for more than that, has he?
Not as far as I'm aware, but if multiple clubs offer him that same base deal he might look for one in a city he's lived before or at a club with a better chance of forcing his way into the starting 17.

Not as far as I'm aware, but if multiple clubs offer him that same base deal he might look for one in a city he's lived before or at a club with a better chance of forcing his way into the starting 17.

And if he does, we don't really miss out on anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • FACTHUNT
  • Volvo Driver
  • Manofoneway
  • Redux
  • Broncorob
  • Scorchie
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Brotherdu
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • ezpz
  • Midean
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.