Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was the "We made him" bit that got me. As a side note I had no idea we were their arch rivals..I think of them more like that fly you have to shoo away a few times before carrying on your way.

But our true arch rivals are the Storm and rightly so, as frustrating as the type of football they have built their success on and introduced to the game, I respect how damn well they have been at it. For me they are like what Balmain were early on for the Broncos, they knew exactly how to win against us, get us into an arm wrestle and exploit the weaknesses that appear.

For the Titans fans your right, but from a Broncos fan perspective, there are so many more sides I would put ahead of them as true rivals.

That's true, though I also wonder if someone like Melbourne thinks that way about us.

That's true, though I also wonder if someone like Melbourne thinks that way about us.

They would, they bring their friggin' A-game nearly every time they play us. 06 still burns at their soul.

The Cowboys to me would be like a match against the Raiders in the 90's.

Sad thing was we hardly played the Raiders much when both teams were at their peak. Take 94 for example. Broncos were the defending champions, and Raiders would win the comp that year. Both teams stacked with talent. And it was Mal's last year ..

We played the Raiders once that year. Everyone dinged up the weekend after Origin 3.

1993, when played them in the semi, Stuart (Dally M that year) was out, broke his leg second last round.

I think the Cows rivalry has been much more. Big early season match ups and huge finals matches.

I think the Cows rivalry has been much more. Big early season match ups and huge finals matches.

Tend to agree, even though I think a few of the close scorelines after the GF were manufactured to a degree.

Sad thing was we hardly played the Raiders much when both teams were at their peak. Take 94 for example. Broncos were the defending champions, and Raiders would win the comp that year. Both teams stacked with talent. And it was Mal's last year ..

We played the Raiders once that year. Everyone dinged up the weekend after Origin 3.

1993, when played them in the semi, Stuart (Dally M that year) was out, broke his leg second last round.

You make some good arguments there mate, I must admit I do look forward to matches against the Cowboys. Still when I look back at the Broncos and Raiders of the 90's I see two benchmark sides, I look at the Broncos and Cowboys of the modern era, I see the Cowboys being a benchmark side and the Broncos being the type of side that can be super competitive, but often can be found wanting once the pressure torch is applied, not a true benchmark side, it could be much more really when you think about it.

Lol @ people acting like the broncos raised taylor from birth. He does have parents that gave him the genetics and upbringing. Broncos just tried capitalising on it. He's free to do what he wants and I don't understand the bitterness towards a great ex bronco. The fact is he's not beale, hoffman or maranta.. He's actually a special talent.. and that's probably the real reason people have for the bitterness. Should support his growth and hopes he comes back some day.

Lol @ people acting like the broncos raised taylor from birth. He does have parents that gave him the genetics and upbringing. Broncos just tried capitalising on it. He's free to do what he wants and I don't understand the bitterness towards a great ex bronco. The fact is he's not beale, hoffman or maranta.. He's actually a special talent.. and that's probably the real reason people have for the bitterness. Should support his growth and hopes he comes back some day.

Yeah, totes not the point but all good.

I doubt anyone’s bitter toward him as an ex-Bronco, but moreso that he had so much talent, opportunity and size yet squandered it all because of a pea brain and pea heart. Back in the day the word was that it was his father that caused a lot of problems for him by being in his ear and knowing better than his coaches. Yes his genetics came from his parents but it truly was a mixed bag.

Size? Are you talking about Dave Taylor? I don’t think many are bitter he is gone... Lol

I doubt anyone’s bitter toward him as an ex-Bronco, but moreso that he had so much talent, opportunity and size yet squandered it all because of a pea brain and pea heart. Back in the day the word was that it was his father that caused a lot of problems for him by being in his ear and knowing better than his coaches. Yes his genetics came from his parents but it truly was a mixed bag.

Ash, mate.

Apparently 3 teams are vying for Cody Walker's signature for 2019 onward, the first two teams are the Rabbitohs & Sharks, the third is unknown.

Might be us? We were trying to lure him last season, don't see any reason why we wouldn't try again. Would be good insurance in the off chance that Nikorima stinks at Halfback, could also play a utility role off the bench if need be, or potentially Fullback if Boyd's body doesn't hold up.

Apparently 3 teams are vying for Cody Walker's signature for 2019 onward, the first two teams are the Rabbitohs & Sharks, the third is unknown.

Might be us? We were trying to lure him last season, don't see any reason why we wouldn't try again. Would be good insurance in the off chance that Nikorima stinks at Halfback, could also play a utility role off the bench if need be, or potentially Fullback if Boyd's body doesn't hold up.
It's the roosters in all seriousness

That's great, because they have heaps of cap space and genuine vacancies at 7, 6 & 1.
Yeah apparently they are going to get someone to investigate their cap so they can prove they are under. If it is all legitimate hats off to them

Walkers a talent but he isn’t the half we need. If Kodi can’t provide the type of halfback we need, we won’t find it in Walker.

Yeah apparently they are going to get someone to investigate their cap so they can prove they are under. If it is all legitimate hats off to them

They have hired Ian Schubert to do it. He was the NRL salary cap auditor for a decade and is a Roosters club legend, played 122 games for them. Roosters are claiming they are still under the cap by 750k for this year and haven't decided what to do with the money.

Roosters are claiming they are still under the cap by 750k for this year and haven't decided what to do with the money.
And I'm the Queen of England.

They have hired Ian Schubert to do it. He was the NRL salary cap auditor for a decade and is a Roosters club legend, played 122 games for them. Roosters are claiming they are still under the cap by 750k for this year and haven't decided what to do with the money.
Yeah apparently he was the one to lift the lid on the storm a few years ago.

Yeah apparently he was the one to lift the lid on the storm a few years ago.

And that's why we can't trust shit about what's being said. Schubert was the salary cap auditor, but he didn't "lift the lid" on it. A whistleblower did. In fact with all of the NRL-era cap scandals, I don't think any of them have been uncovered by the NRL's own investigations. It's all been whistleblowers.

Even journalists have openly written about "black money" in regards to players and managers negotiating contracts. They just never name names or allude to its extent. There is absolutely no way the Roosters' roster is all above board, this stunt is just a way to "prove" that the Earth is flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • jarro65
  • johnny plath
  • Tim K
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Dash
  • IceWorks
  • Gympie devil
  • Fozz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behold
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.