Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Smith retiring? They have to be close to their cap considering they have Smith, Munster, Slater and the other stars in the side, including blokes they signed from other clubs (overs required generally), as well as talented juniors they've stolen that would require upgrades/ be on decent money.

Does anyone know if we made a play for this guy a couple of months ago?
Or was it just bullshit that Broncos were interested?

Napa confirmed the Broncos showed interest.

They just didn't approach him until after he agreed to terms with the Roosters.

Talk about dropping the ball...

So apparently Souths and Melbourne are having a crack at Oates for next season...
What are our chances?
Do we really need him?
Thaiday's out so that frees up some fun tickets but with Sua and Fifita lining up Glenn might be next to get the tap on the shoulder

Personally, I think people are underestimating the kind of impact Oates could have in the backrow.

He is a strong runner of the ball, very hard to stop and if used correctly, he could be a wrecking ball close to the line. He has shown that several times, last year against the Raiders is one example.

Kaufusi, Fitzgibbon, Thompson, Papalii, Graham, Lewis, Cordner etc. He could be like them, if he puts in the effort.

Defensively, he will cause some headaches, that's the only thing I worry about. Defence can be taught, but it's whether he wants to learn.

Napa confirmed the Broncos showed interest.

They just didn't approach him until after he agreed to terms with the Roosters.

Talk about dropping the ball...
We keep fucking these things up?
In Wayne we trust, but it seems to be the same old story.
Maybe no big loss? He's been pretty average lately but Lodge, Napa, TPJ and Offa/Taga sounds like a decent forward rotation to me.

We keep fucking these things up?
In Wayne we trust, but it seems to be the same old story.
Maybe no big loss? He's been pretty average lately but Lodge, Napa, TPJ and Offa/Taga sounds like a decent forward rotation to me.
He might be big but trying to get some form of work rate out of Napa is the issue

Just on Oates. Whilst he is a favourite of mine and I think he will make a great 2nd rower, I don't think he provides so much more then what the junior players will in that position to justify a bidding war. This is the risk that has to be taken with the salary cap. People on here sometimes think we have no salary cap.

And on Napa, I'm glad we never got him. Plays one good game a year. If that's a recruitment stuff up then I'm all for more stuff ups please...

Personally, I think people are underestimating the kind of impact Oates could have in the backrow.

He is a strong runner of the ball, very hard to stop and if used correctly, he could be a wrecking ball close to the line. He has shown that several times, last year against the Raiders is one example.

Kaufusi, Fitzgibbon, Thompson, Papalii, Graham, Lewis, Cordner etc. He could be like them, if he puts in the effort.

Defensively, he will cause some headaches, that's the only thing I worry about. Defence can be taught, but it's whether he wants to learn.

Yeah well it's not like we have the game plan or halves to use Oates properly. Maybe a niko short ball to him would work but there's no one making those kind of calls.

Yeah well it's not like we have the game plan or halves to use Oates properly. Maybe a niko short ball to him would work but there's no one making those kind of calls.

Both Milford and Niko were doing that quite a few times last season.

I don't see why they wouldn't this season.

I'd prefer to keep Oates, perhaps at the expense of Glenn as Oates has more years in him (injuries aside)

But he would need to want to stay and probably take less coin, a bidding war for a second rower isn't what we need

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k=7fcd6a560bf4e1375e29703fd76f5b15-1520974492

BRONCOS BACK-UP IN DEMAND
Brisbane rookie Corey Allan is a player in demand.
Market Watch can reveal the Gold Coast and South Sydney have made inquiries about boom Australian Schoolboys fullback.
Off contract with the Broncos this year, Wayne Bennett is hopeful of holding onto the young gun.
A star of Marsden State High School, the same place Australian skipper Cameron Smith attended, Allan comes with big raps.
Light on his feet with speed to burn, Allan can also play in the halves.
With his NRL pathway seemingly blocked at the Broncos with Darius Boyd signed long-term and under 16s representative custodian Fanitesi Niu inking a three-year-deal, there’s far more opportunity for Allan at a rival NRL club.
It’s understood, the 19-year-old Logan product’s preference is to remain close to home.
That puts the Titans in the box seat should they opt to make the Queensland 20s Origin No.1 an offer.

It's like the titans are slowly taking our post '08 generation.

Ash
Wallace
Arrow
Keagen
Copley
Allan (potentially)

If the post '08 generation achieves more than the generation we have been stuck with I'll be well and truly pissed off

I know this kid has heaps of wraps when he was developing but hasn’t he been pretty unimpressive lately?

Is he really going to be a big loss?

I think I read somewhere that he has a very bad attitude problem

Clearly the Titans recruitment strategy is Garth Brennan standing outside Penrith & Broncos headquarters handing out contracts.

We should have just built our performance centre on the gold coast so Brennan didn't have to travel far to hand out contracts

I always come back to this video when I see his name, he's got some wheels on him, and he's a big boy.

Not sure what his attitude problem is, but I could see him being another one that we regret letting go. There's no risk in it for the Titans is there? They're just absolutely nailing us recently, taking flyers on all of our fringe first grade guys and hoping they're stars. Wallace, Taylor, Arrow, Hipgrave, Whitbread, all within the last couple of years, and they're trying to poach Allen, have tried to poach Glenn, Ofahengaue, Fai at various times over the last year or two as well, if we trust the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • dirtyharry
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • mrtij
  • BroncosAlways
  • Tim K
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • cento
  • Broncojim
  • Astro
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.