Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
JACK BIRD'S TIME AT THE BRONCOS GOES FROM BAD TO WORSE
"Going to the Broncos, some interesting developments here ahead of their clash against the Sharks on Saturday night," Badel said.

"Jack Bird. Where is he, what's going on with him?

"I can tell you he will not play against his former club this Saturday night, and he is sidelined indefinitely.

"I'm hearing that he may require surgery on his sternum, another blow for Jack Bird who's had the shoulder reconstruction.

"That would be a major blow for Jack Bird, I don't think we'll see him for at least another month to six weeks. He's been a real disappointment this season.

"He is on big money so they will need performance from him either at the back end this year, or starting fresh next season."

JADYN SU'A SET TO REMAIN AT RED HILL DESPITE INTEREST FROM SOUTHS
"On a good note for the Broncos, they are confident of keeping Jadyn Su'A, their boom backrower," Badel said.

"He's had some interest from Sydney clubs, he's been linked to South Sydney, but my mail is that he will come to terms on a new deal with the Broncos.

"He isn't going anywhere, the Broncos see him as their next Sonny Bill Williams so they won't be losing him."

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ys-brisbane-broncos/mcqqf4tf0z7t1da1d1v5c20il

Who was our previous Sonny Bill Williams?

:notsureifserious:

Last edited:
Good news about Su'a.

Bird has definitely been a far worse signing than even Barba or Kennedy so far.

Worse than Kennedy?

Come on, Bird has at least had one good performance and has made some good runs. Kennedy didn't do shit and he was touted as the next Shane Webcke.

Fucking awesome news about Su'a.

Good news about Su'a.

Bird has definitely been a far worse signing than even Barba or Kennedy so far.

Nope. I honestly think that if Bird never played another game for us, he still isn’t as bad a signing as the Pillow...

No disrespect here, but I look at this Bird news as good in a way

It gives genuine credibility to the belief that his form is injury related

We all agree that his form has been shit, but if it is injury related, there is at least hope he will return to top form when he is healthy

He has been an absolute flop signing, and the club has mismanaged him.

If he was truly shit because of his injuries, why was this not sorted out in the pre-season? Or 1-2 games after he returned to playing and it was obvious (to the staff anyway) that his injuries were hindering his ability to play? Instead we play him for 8 games hoping it will work out, and then when he's clearly pretty ineffective, he takes off a whole heap of time, and then has a surgery after that again.

Maybe the club handled it as best they could, I don't know, because the most we get from the club is 3-4 lines from Bennett every month or two so all we can do is read between the lines.

I seriously hope his poor form is injury related, because I would love to see him fully fit, and becoming a really good player for us. We've signed him for 4 years on big money, so I'd love to see some value out of him.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hold my breath on the news being true that Broncos will retain Sua.

He has been an absolute flop signing, and the club has mismanaged him.

If he was truly shit because of his injuries, why was this not sorted out in the pre-season? Or 1-2 games after he returned to playing and it was obvious (to the staff anyway) that his injuries were hindering his ability to play? Instead we play him for 8 games hoping it will work out, and then when he's clearly pretty ineffective, he takes off a whole heap of time, and then has a surgery after that again.

Maybe the club handled it as best they could, I don't know, because the most we get from the club is 3-4 lines from Bennett every month or two so all we can do is read between the lines.

I seriously hope his poor form is injury related, because I would love to see him fully fit, and becoming a really good player for us. We've signed him for 4 years on big money, so I'd love to see some value out of him.

I think his poor form is injury related a bit, but I also think it's mental.

Beau Ryan once spoke about Bird, and he said that Bird loves being in the spotlight, he loves the attention when it's good. He will get a lot of confidence from it.

But when the attention is bad, it has the opposite effect.

our worst signing ever was james gavet imo.

played 1 game, gave away a bunch of penalties, dropped a few balls, did his acl in training the next week and was never to be seen again...

played 1 game, gave away a bunch of penalties, dropped a few balls, did his acl in training the next week and was never to be seen again...
Him not playing was probably a good thing. Worst signing ever was Richard Swain IMO.

Have we ever signed a first grade player from another club that has actually fit in from the beginning and done well in the modern era? Milford took a while to adjust. Barba sucked, Clinton sucked, Garbutt sucked, Kennedy sucked. Blair, Moga, Roberts, Vidot, Te'o, Hannant, Sims and Folau are others that come to mind that did ok or even great for us. Lots of drama around a lot of these players though.

Martin Kennedy easily worse. At least Gavet was on ice the majority of his time here. Kennedy was on the field being a complete waste of space and actively sabotaging our efforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncorob
  • Redux
  • ezpz
  • GCBRONCO
  • IceWorks
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • RodF
  • Midean
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.