Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you point but to be honest unless your Kaylan Ponga, Matt Moylan a few years ago, or early career Lockyer (i.e
natural 5/8ths playing out of position), most fullback’s ball playing consists of a sweep and pass. Surely any professional
athlete outside of Dugan and Hoffman can learn how to do that to some passable degree.
Slater wasn’t much chop early in his career either.

To be honest, our halves have hardly mastered the skill of ball playing.. so can't be overly harsh on Isaako in that area to start off with. I think he has the skill and smarts to develop into a great ball player and fullback in general.

I think he has shown with his kicking that he has a pretty strong work ethic, as by his own admission he was never a great goal-kicker as a younger player but has obviously worked very hard on it and has developed a great kicking style and boot on him.

Some pretty good natural football talent, combined with such a strong work ethic will go a long way to addressing any issue that may need to be developed, you’d have to think...

Last edited:
I agree with you point but to be honest unless your Kaylan Ponga, Matt Moylan a few years ago, or early career Lockyer (i.e
natural 5/8ths playing out of position), most fullback’s ball playing consists of a sweep and pass. Surely any professional
athlete outside of Dugan and Hoffman can learn how to do that to some passable degree.
A resurrection of one KHunt would be nice.... can't recall if he was a natural ball player when he came to grade (the sweep wasn't exactly in vogue at that point from memory), but **** me he was unstoppable in the end

Last edited:
I remember that sweep play with Hunt being introduced in 2006 I think. Must have been his 3rd season then, and he was still only 19! It had everyone fooled for a few rounds too.

51862938 4363 412B AB94 9454F99964A7
According to Ali , we have started talks to extend Joffa and Dave Fifita aswell

Yeah wait, who is Ali and why are people only referring to him by his first name?

According to Ali , we have started talks to extend Joffa and Dave Fifita aswell

And by Ali, you mean the article released yesterday afternoon. These flogs on Twitter really need to start being called out for literally just copy pasting material and calling it breaking news.

Eighteen-year-old forward David Fifita and prop Thomas Flegler are already on the books until the end of 2020 with Tongan international Joe Ofahengaue and prop Pat Carrigan until the end of 2019.

The club has already begun negotiations to extend their deals.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/18/brisbane-broncos-re-sign-payne-haas-on-lucrative-six-year-deal/

Good call from Wayne to move Isaako to fullback

Will he be a ball playing fullback? no I don't think so but if you look at our team it's based on a strong running game, literally everyone in our side with the exception of Boyd has a stronger running game than they do anything else, I think it's a good move

That’s par for the course with most Broncos fans unfortunately. Not the first person on here to wish injury on Boyd or another player and you can guarantee not the last.

Wouldn’t wish injury but the injury has already happened. Bloke has a pair of cheap 10 year old spring cables for hammys waiting to snap and take out someone’s eye. Would be nice for him to get a medical retirement for a good payday and so club isn’t handicapped with salary cap.

Wouldn’t wish injury but the injury has already happened. Bloke has a pair of cheap 10 year old spring cables for hammys waiting to snap and take out someone’s eye. Would be nice for him to get a medical retirement for a good payday and so club isn’t handicapped with salary cap.

Can't happen. It must be a one off injury. Boyd's hamstring is a pre-existing condition. Insurance companies won't pay out. Like Stewart he will stay on the books whether he plays or not. I certainly don't wish him injury harm.

These guys are real people that should not be tossed aside by supporters when they get an injury doing their job. I will continue to back him doing his best every week. Hodges played on no hamstrings for years. Not the particular comment I replied to but others are very unforgiving on players we've supported over the years.

The four year deal is questionable but may also pay off.

Last edited:
Blindside: Broncos chase Sydney Roosters halfback

THE Broncos are targeting Sydney Roosters young gun Sean O’Sullivan, with the jury still out on whether Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima can fire as Brisbane’s long-term scrumbase pairing.

Blindside can reveal the Broncos are moving to poach O’Sullivan, tabling a formal offer for the promising 19-year-old halfback who made his NRL debut against the Titans last week.

The son of former Storm recruitment chief Peter O’Sullivan, who was embroiled in the Melbourne salary cap scandal in 2010, the Roosters No.7 is viewed as a successor to Cooper Cronk.

The Roosters are confident of keeping O’Sullivan, but it hasn’t stopped the Broncos having a crack.

The Broncos last week withdrew a one-year offer to Melbourne playmaker Ryley Jacks and have instead shifted focus to O’Sullivan, who has some family ties at Red Hill.

His sister Jess is the partner of Broncos prop Matt Lodge, who made a dash down the M1 after Brisbane’s shock loss to New Zealand last Sunday.

The Broncos’ game finished at about 4pm before Lodge raced down the highway to get to the Gold Coast’s clash with the Roosters which kicked off at 6.30pm.

“It was a busy day,” Lodge said. “My partner’s brother made his debut for the Roosters, so I went down there quickly. It was a good night for him.”

Source: Courier Mail

IF this is true, what does it mean for the three kids coming through?

IF this is true, what does it mean for the three kids coming through?

neither of Boyd nor Paix can even play ISC yet (both 17) ... so they are likely several years away from the NRL at the least

I haven't really heard much about Sean O'Sullivan...

Is he the type of 7 we need?

I haven't really heard much about Sean O'Sullivan...

Is he the type of 7 we need?

Penrith junior and went to Roosters- played 18 games for the Roosters last year in NYC and plays ISC for Roos this year. Residents half this year and was outstanding- laid on three tries before half time and Blues routed us.

Two things I noticed in Residents- he set up Britt for two tries but then went over the other side of the field and put Garner over. Then steps through and scores himself- all before half time.

Garner and Britt just dined out on his edge work. like a second rowers dream three tries between the two of you and barely touched doing it.

Ended up with three try assists, four line break assists and one line break for his try in his first senior rep game. Kicked strongly all night.

Was Blues 20's half on Wednesday but Roosters pulled the pin when Cronk was in doubt.

Would have been great to see Clifford and O'Sullivan go up against each other.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • The Strapper
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • azza.79
  • bazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Big Del
  • achievedrap
  • Allo
  • RolledOates
  • Wolfie
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.