Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely no club wants Opacic.

He has a fair bit of interest. Bellamy quite likes him actually, tried to get him for a while now. Going to be quite a few changes at the cowboys apparently.

Staggs isn't one of them, it's mainly backs. Only one who will possibly play in the forwards, but he wasn't one of the three anyway, but I do think they have looked at Oates.

Last edited:
He has a fair bit of interest. Bellamy quite likes him actually, tried to get him for a while now. Going to be quite a few changes at the cowboys apparently.

Staggs isn't one of them, it's mainly backs. Only one who will possibly play in the forwards, but he wasn't one of the three anyway, but I do think they have looked at Oates.

Interesting. I tuned into Redcliffe's C9 games the past two weeks and he did not make much of an impact. He looked disinterested.

Last edited:
Interesting. I tuned into Redcliffe's C9 games the past two weeks and he did not make much of an impact. He looked disinterested.

He wasn't great last week but he was fine the week before. Came up with a great defensive play to pretty much win them the game. Don't think he looked disinterested quite honestly, good or bad he always keeps trying, but the whole side looked pretty poor apart from Cullen and the fullback.

Yeah and Linnett is a better player than Opacic - and Linnett is being let go.

My point was that Green likes that style of player. He's a cheaper, younger version with more potential.

There's also Shibasaki.. Don't want to lose him

Last edited:
I hope they enjoy losing more Kikaus, Pongas, and Martins in the future.

The Lolo and Morgan signings have nothing to do with any of these players leaving. Morgan signed AFTER two of them left. One of them (Martin) was never even contracted to the Cowboys. Like at all. In any grade.

You seem to know staggs game quite well. So how would he go at fullback?

You seem to know staggs game quite well. So how would he go at fullback?

I think he would go fairly well there, but I don't think it's his position, not long term in the Nrl. Just my opinion, but I think he will eventually make a very good back rower, and he could be a very good center as well. I'd actually like to see him at Hooker at some point. Thing is he is an ideal bench player as he can fill in pretty much anywhere but front row and would do at least a decent job there.

Attachments

• IMG_6779.PNG
    IMG_6779.PNG
    147.6 KB · Views: 134
WHICH big-name halfback/five-eighth have the Broncos spoken to about joining them next season? And it’s not Parramatta star Mitchell Moses.

Rothfield trying to fill space in his column.

MYSTERY surrounds the disappearance of another Brisbane Broncos legend from Wayne Bennett’s coaching staff on the eve of the NRL finals.
The club’s 347-game veteran Corey Parker has left in controversial circumstances, just a couple of months after the departure of Maroons State of Origin coach Kevvie Walters.
The behind-the-scenes drama around Parker’s departure is the big story here.
I’ll give you my version of events and then Corey’s denial.
The Broncos had a night out recently and, as the evening wore on, Parker became critical of the captaincy and leadership of his old mate Darius Boyd.
A number of players took exception, including centre James Roberts.
MONDAY BUZZ: Weekend highlights and lowlights
d8127ea4d4e456ae9052d791f03c2b18

Wayne Bennett and Corey Parker during a Broncos training session earlier this year. Picture: Peter Wallis
Witnesses say it almost got ugly. That the old James Roberts would have put on a full-scale blue.
Parker’s comments got back to Bennett, who then made the decision to cut the former Queensland and Australian forward from the coaching staff for the rest of the season.
I put these allegations to Parker on Sunday morning.
“What are you looking to do here,” he said.
“You’re not right. I had to pull back, my wife had just started full-time radio. We’ve got four kids and I’ve got too much going on.”
So I asked him again: “Are you denying you had the stink with James Roberts over Darius?”
“Yeah, that’s fine, you write what you have to write,” he said.
“There’s no story there. What’s the story? What’s the angle? I still speak to Wayne once or twice a week.
“Me and Darius have had a strong relationship since we first started back in 2005.”
cd517809c9765d247561410eac46eaef

Corey Parker and Kevin Walters have both left the Broncos coaching staff. Picture: Peter Wallis
Broncos insiders insist Parker was out of order on the night.
They say he has never really got over the disappointment of not being made captain years ago when Darren Lockyer retired and the job went to Justin Hodges.
Still, earlier this year when Parker was appointed to Bennett’s staff, he spoke of his long-term plans in rugby league.
“The burning desire is to be an NRL coach,” he said.
“I have played for the Broncos for 16 years, so to be involved in a coaching capacity is really nice and brings me a lot of satisfaction.”
6526e555a6394272f6671c6ad0f14587

Corey Parker farewells fans after his final game for the Broncos in 2016. Picture: Getty Images)
That’s why his recent exit was so surprising.
This drama cannot be helping the team.
To lose one coach during the season is hard enough, let alone two legends.
The situation is that the players are split. They are backing Boyd but still have enormous respect for Parker and what he achieved at the club over 15 seasons.
He has been a hero for many of the young forwards who are emerging now.
Thursday night’s terrible loss to the Canterbury Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium would indicate there are some internal issues.
Plus the uncertainty of Bennett’s own future at the club and the talk of an approach to high-flying South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Anthony Seibold.
The Broncos play North Queensland, South Sydney, Sydney Roosters and Manly in the run home.
Their hopes of finishing in the top four now look to be beyond them.
More Rothfield ramblings...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.