Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2018

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by raveenkari, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Tstev92

Tstev92 QCup Player

He's would regret that so bad. A hard working Middle forward with a good engine on the verge of origin. Not to mention he will be the most experienced front rower (game wise) in the pack next season

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  2. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

I don't think he is going anywhere personally, which is why I said I don't think there is much in it. I can see them needing to bolster their forward stocks though. Scott, Bolton and Cooper aren't getting any younger and they released Fensom.

3. winslow_wong

winslow_wong State of Origin Captain

bris
    Surely the cows won't have as much pull without Thurston. It's gonna be tough few years without JT. Plus isn't offa's partner sick?

4. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news...s/news-story/dd19d93b4acfe94b598c3af036dd7106

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    abashii, porouian and Wolfie like this.
  5. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

Cancer really is a **** of a thing.

abashii, Tstev92, Harry Sack and 3 others like this.
  6. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

7. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

I really hope we hold onto him for a long time. Seems like a great guy and is really come on as a player.

abashii, Aldo, Tstev92 and 2 others like this.
  8. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

I can't see Joe uprooting his life to go to another club with his girlfriend in such a state. Plus she will continue to get much better medical care in Brisbane than she will up north.

porouian likes this.
  9. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Why will she get better medical care in Brisbane? Can you back that up? Seems an odd statement to me. Townsville has a fantastic treatment facility thats recently been expended for cancer patients.

The main benefit of staying where they are ( which i think they will anyway ) is her family and support network down here, she would still get fantastic treatment either in Brissy or Townsville.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  10. winslow_wong

bris
    It would be a low act for the cowboys to use the lure of a fantastic treatment facility to get him on board. A bit emperor Palpatine like

11. jarro65

jarro65 State of Origin Rep

I really cant see any of these young guys leaving to be honest.
    I wouldn't be surprised if they havent made a pact with each other to stick together and create something special.... kind of lime what the Manly players did years ago.

12. ivanhungryjak

Kyall likes this.
  13. winslow_wong

bris
    So potentially Glenn has played his last game for the broncos going by the rumours. Sad way to end if true

14. He's responding to Glenn being out of the team.

15. ivanhungryjak

The thread goes further though.

broncospwn likes this.
  16. Does too, stupid Twitter. So confusing.

17. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Dont think there has been any suggestion they would do that. I was just making the point they have fine facilities up there as well

18. broncos4life

broncos4life International Rep

I will admit that I do not know the medical facilities in Townsville but I honestly struggle to believe they would be better than Brisbane. That just doesn’t make sense.

19. Foordy

Foordy

He never said the treatment was better in Townsville ... Just that they had "fantastic" treatment facilities ...

And it actually makes perfect sense that they have quality facilities in Townsville ... You can't expect everyone with cancer in Queensland to make the trip to Brisbane for treatment. You would need some good facilities up north ... And our second biggest city would be an ideal location

JamesC and Wolfie like this.
  20. Wolfie

Wolfie NRL Captain

Must admit i dont get that. The only real difference i could see is that there may be more options. The facility up in Townsville is as good as anything we have down here.