Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it's okay. I don't post on here to please everyone. I was only referring to one aspect of them. Hayne could be shit at training all year and still win Dally M
Read between the lines mate, it’s not about being popular on this forum...

Read between the lines mate, it’s not about being popular on this forum...

Lets see how motivated Gebbie gets if he gets given an NRL jersey and some belief. I think he went back to PNG to be with his family when COVID broke out.. So that's probably why he hasn't played this year.. I'm not 100% on that though. You don't need your wingers to be the most switched on in the team anyway. He just needs to want to play.
He was released from his contract at Souths. Came back up North and is playing in the local comp here. Even up here he hasn't got much game time which is a bit surprising but his team (Lae Snax Tigers) have been doing well and they're in the Grand Final this weekend

You don't need your wingers to be the most switched on in the team anyway. He just needs to want to play.
Surely you don’t believe this?

Our 2020 wingers rushing in, tackling no one, and providing a saloon passage to the opposing centre / winger (hell, sometimes even backrowers) demonstrates clearly what happens when they aren’t switched on / well drilled.

But if that’s not enough, if only Oates had learnt this basic skill anytime prior to 04 October 2015, we’d have an extra trophy in our cabinet.

Surely you don’t believe this?

Our 2020 wingers rushing in, tackling no one, and providing a saloon passage to the opposing centre / winger (hell, sometimes even backrowers) demonstrates clearly what happens when they aren’t switched on / well drilled.

But if that’s not enough, if only Oates had learnt this basic skill anytime prior to 04 October 2015, we’d have an extra trophy in our cabinet.

They don't need to be the most switched on in the team... I'd say the spine has to be the most switched on in the team.

Of course I wouldn't want my winger being stupid in defence.. That obviously would mean they should be dropped..

But basically I'd like to just sign a Maika Sivo or Semi Radradra..

Why do all the clubs in the NRL produce great wingers and we haven't done anything with a winger since Yow Yeh?

Broncos haven't had a decent pair of wingers for over a decade.

They don't need to be the most switched on in the team... I'd say the spine has to be the most switched on in the team.

Of course I wouldn't want my winger being stupid in defence.. That obviously would mean they should be dropped..

But basically I'd like to just sign a Maika Sivo or Semi Radradra..

Why do all the clubs in the NRL produce great wingers and we haven't done anything with a winger since Yow Yeh?

Broncos haven't had a decent pair of wingers for over a decade.
I'd say our last good winger outside of Oates (who was a premier winger at one stage despite his flaws, now he just looks square peg/round hole) was Hoffman, who didn't even want to be a winger anyway.

You'd think for such a dime a dozen position why we struggle to recruit guys that are 6'2, 95kgs and can run the 100m in 12 or less (ironically hoffman is none of these things, although he definitely would've been faster than 12 in the 100 - hell even I managed that and I'm no pro athlete with access to training/nutrition).

Last edited:
Looking at how bad our wingers are shows how important they can be. Seemed like any time a team put on a move with the ball ending up on the wing they scored, often untouched. They score and concede most of your points, they need to be good.

Panthers are the perfect illustration of how important wingers are and how they should be used.

It is a critical position if you want to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Culhwch
  • Behind enemy lines
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Johnny92
  • simplythebest
  • Redux
  • I bleed Maroon
  • pennywisealfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • Yem
  • Inknition
  • LittleDavey
  • jd87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
... and 71 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.