Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a load of shit. "Mystery surrounds" Parker's exit?

No it doesn't. He left because his wife now has a full-time gig and they have 4 kids that they want to bring up as a hands-on family. Margot comes across as her own woman, not just "some player's wife", so it's not surprising that Corey is taking a backwards step after being the main breadwinner for 16-odd years.

The fact that the "incident" that supposedly sparked this happened 4 months ago is not only proof of bullshit, but something Rothfield doesn't mention in his article. That's not what journalism is about, his shit is worse than click-bait tabloid gossip trash.

No it doesn't. He left because his wife now has a full-time gig and they have 4 kids that they want to bring up as a hands-on family. Margot comes across as her own woman, not just "some player's wife", so it's not surprising that Corey is taking a backwards step after being the main breadwinner for 16-odd years.

The fact that the "incident" that supposedly sparked this happened 4 months ago is not only proof of bullshit, but something Rothfield doesn't mention in his article. That's not what journalism is about, his shit is worse than click-bait tabloid gossip trash.

Thing is, there is also more to it that just what Slothfield is mentioning as well, but either his source has conviniently left it out, or he has.

Last edited:
Thing is, there is also more to it that just what Slothfield is mentioning as well, but either his source has conviniently left it out, or he has.

Well, so long as there is no slander of defamation of character involved, I don't think anyone would mind your take on the situation...

Well, so long as there is no slander of defamation of character involved, I don't think anyone would mind your take on the situation...

Up to you if you believe it or not as its hard to really make a big comment on it without getting in trouble.

Well, the Boyd/Parker issue was between Boyd and Parker, Roberts wasn't really involved from what I know so I think Rothfield has just either made it up or totally exaggerated his involvment. The only thing he has got right is Parkers questioning of Boyd as captain.

There was another situation that almost came to blows. Can't really name names, but I'll just say two of our highest paid players were involved along with a forward.

I did actually mention it to another poster on here privately roughly around the time it happened, up to them if they want to acknowledge it or not.

The way Parker's quotes read though that is the BS excuse. There is truth to this story. It's not about his wife's work or stepping back.

Up to you if you believe it or not as its hard to really make a big comment on it without getting in trouble.

Well, the Boyd/Parker issue was between Boyd and Parker, Roberts wasn't really involved from what I know so I think Rothfield has just either made it up or totally exaggerated his involvment. The only thing he has got right is Parkers questioning of Boyd as captain.

There was another situation that almost came to blows. Can't really name names, but I'll just say two of our highest paid players were involved along with a forward.

I did actually mention it to another poster on here privately roughly around the time it happened, up to them if they want to acknowledge it or not.

Well one of our highest paid player is that guy on 2 million a season. And the other is that guy who enjoys a beverage or two.

Rothfield trying to fill space in his column.
Parker has been known to be a pretty abrasive soort of character within the group, but if what he said is true then i agree with him 100%

It now depends on how the playing group responds on the field.
Pretty sure the night out was before the bulldogs game, so obviously boyd responded really well by knocking on a certain try in the first half.

Pretty sure the night out was before the bulldogs game, so obviously boyd responded really well by knocking on a certain try in the first half.

Fairly sure it was after the Storm game in April.

Ahk. I swear someone said they were all out the other night before the Bulldogs game too. Perhaps parker called him out again? :p

Honestly i'm surprised there hasn't been more people coming out attacking the Broncos, and Boyd lately. Surely every single old player looks at the crap they are turning out these days and is just embarrassed by it. I wish NRL did player poll Worst Captain. 100% it would go to boyd.

Fairly sure it was after the Storm game in April.

To be honest if it’s even slightly true, it just reveals more of the character of the current ‘stars’ at the club to me.

As if their p*ss-weak softness we’ve all seen on the field isn’t bad enough, they apparently can’t even handle an insider and former Broncos captain calling them on it, when it is plain as day for everyone to see.

Then you have Grandpa Wayne coming out and ludicrously defending them days after probably the softest performance all year and you have to wonder what is going on behind the scenes...

To be honest if it’s even slightly true, it just reveals more of the character of the current ‘stars’ at the club to me.

As if their p*ss-weak softness we’ve all seen on the field isn’t bad enough, they apparently can’t even handle an insider and former Broncos captain calling them on it, when it is plain as day for everyone to see.

Then you have Grandpa Wayne coming out and ludicrously defending them days after probably the softest performance all year and you have to wonder what is going on behind the scenes...
I think it sums up a lot of the problems with young players (people) today.

Always looking for someone to blame, not taking responsibility for their actions, not handling being chastised when they **** up.

I'm sure Bennett has said before that he has to molly-coddle a lot of these younger guys because if he comes out and gives them both barrels, they will just shut up shop and give him nothing.

Kid gloves indeed.

I think it sums up a lot of the problems with young players (people) today.

Always looking for someone to blame, not taking responsibility for their actions, not handling being chastised when they **** up.

I'm sure Bennett has said before that he has to molly-coddle a lot of these younger guys because if he comes out and gives them both barrels, they will just shut up shop and give him nothing.

Kid gloves indeed.

So drop them. Make them earn their keep... Let them realise the world is a hard place and you perform or perish.

There are no participation awards in the real world...

We could have run a whole ISC team out against the Bulldogs and achieved exactly what our ‘stars’ did...

Nothing.

Last edited:
4a_which-club-would-you-sign-with.jpg

Lol at number 4 though.
It’s just for all the Asian rub’n’tug joints in Mermaid.

Also Oates mentioned that his poor bulldog performance was due to poor preparation. I’ve heard from a couple of people that they saw some of the lads out on the piss on the weekend. I get the feeling that discipline is not one of the buzz words in the playing group right now. There needs to be some serious demotions to the ISC for shit like this. Let them realise what they’re fucking up then bring them back only once they’re attitudes adjusted.

So close to the finals you'd think professional players should be getting off the piss at this point. I'd rather they didn't have any piss during the season but that seems an impossible task

I honestly think Wayne and team were never planning to win that game or at the very least prepare the way they normally would. We had won 5 or 6 in a row and that's too many games to win, with 5 games to the end of the season and then head into the finals with any momentum. We'd need to win about 15 games in a row to win the GF... Not going to happen.

I believe they had a relaxed week, didn't really care and from this week on they'll train the house down and build momentum. You can't be up for the whole season and need to time your run to the finals and hopefully the GF. No one knows this better than Wayne.

I honestly think Wayne and team were never planning to win that game or at the very least prepare the way they normally would. We had won 5 or 6 in a row and that's too many games to win, with 5 games to the end of the season and then head into the finals with any momentum. We'd need to win about 15 games in a row to win the GF... Not going to happen.

I believe they had a relaxed week, didn't really care and from this week on they'll train the house down and build momentum. You can't be up for the whole season and need to time your run to the finals and hopefully the GF. No one knows this better than Wayne.
What??

I don’t disagree with some of the sentiment here but we had won 2 games in a row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.