Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say that? Was it pretty convincing?

Was asked about Wayne leaving and he said 'at the end of the day my loyalty's to the club'.

Of course at the same time, Badel just posted this article -

Brisbane face a battle to retain Tevita Pangai Jnr in the face of huge offers from NRL rivals

SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

TEVITA Pangai Jr has fielded monster $3.2 million offers from Sydney-based NRL rivals as Broncos captain Darius Boyd urged Brisbane to keep a forward he says can be better than Jason Taumalolo.
The Courier-Mail can reveal Pangai Jr has become the most sought-after player of the NRL finals, with Brisbane facing a multimillion-dollar battle to retain their most explosive young forward.
Up to five NRL rivals, including Newcastle, have formally registered interest in Pangai Jr as he prepares for Sunday’s sudden-death finals blockbuster against the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium.
MORE NEWS
The off-contract 113kg Tongan tearaway has received several written offers, spanning three or four seasons, worth $800,000 annually.
That puts enormous salary-cap pressure on the Broncos, who have already outlaid millions this season to retain fellow young guns Jaydn Su’A, Payne Haas and Jamayne Isaako.
The Broncos have also upgraded Queensland Origin back-rower Matt Gillett, while prop Matt Lodge and Corey Oates — a four-try hero against Manly last week — enter the finals this week without contracts for next season.
Brisbane’s fight to retain Pangai Jr was underscored last week following revelations the former Junior Kangaroos skipper flew to Newcastle for talks with Knights officials.
Now the battle has intensified, with the Broncos hoping Pangai Jr’s loyalty to coach Wayne Bennett can be a key factor in staving off big-money poaching raids from cashed-up NRL rivals.
Pangai Jr played junior football in Newcastle and Broncos skipper Boyd had three seasons at the Knights between 2012-14.
While Boyd has no interest in influencing Pangai Jr, he urged Broncos bosses to win a bidding war, saying the 22-year-old has the potential to surpass Cowboys wrecking ball Taumalolo.
“He can be a Jason Taumalolo in his own right,” Boyd said. “He can be as destructive, if not better, than Taumalolo.
“The sky is the limit for Tevita, he has a great work ethic and football brain.
“I’ve been to other clubs and I know how professional the Broncos are, but it’s up to Tevita to decide what he wants to do.
“I just really hope the Broncos can find a way to keep him.”
Pangai Jr is currently attempting to sever ties with his manager. Their agreement expires in November, meaning the Broncos hulk will not finalise his future for 2019 until after this year’s grand final.
The Broncos remain hopeful of keeping Pangai Jr, with Boyd lauding his development this season.
“He is an exciting talent, he is a special forward,” he said.
“He got a lot of confidence in that Tongan camp last year (at the World Cup) playing with the likes of Taumalolo and Andrew Fifita.
“Tevita has definitely risen this year and it is because of the things he learnt with Tonga’s performance at the World Cup.”

Tavita seems like an honest lad. He has publicly stated several times now that he will remain at the Broncos. As much as this is a Moneyball business these days, he comes across as a loyal clubman. It is refreshing.

Has Sean o Sullivan signing been confirmed?

Ricky Stuart said TPJ would never make it.

TPJ did have some bad habits in his Canberra days, but surely a good coach would be able to see through that and see the potential he had.

He has made some bad calls in his time at Raiders, this is the top of the list.

Ricky Stuart said TPJ would never make it.

TPJ did have some bad habits in his Canberra days, but surely a good coach would be able to see through that and see the potential he had.

He has made some bad calls in his time at Raiders, this is the top of the list.

I think he wanted quick results. It's probably why he replaced him with Tapine. Tapine was really talented too, not at Tevita's level, but ready to play, whereas Tevita was still a couple of years away. They failed to take their chances though.

I’d just like to point out though, that “my loyalty is with the club” doesn’t necessarily imply he plans on staying.

I could just mean he is loyal to the club until his contract expires.

Of course at the same time, Badel just posted this article -

Brisbane face a battle to retain Tevita Pangai Jnr in the face of huge offers from NRL rivals

SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

TEVITA Pangai Jr has fielded monster $3.2 million offers from Sydney-based NRL rivals as Broncos captain Darius Boyd urged Brisbane to keep a forward he says can be better than Jason Taumalolo.
The Courier-Mail can reveal Pangai Jr has become the most sought-after player of the NRL finals, with Brisbane facing a multimillion-dollar battle to retain their most explosive young forward.
Up to five NRL rivals, including Newcastle, have formally registered interest in Pangai Jr as he prepares for Sunday’s sudden-death finals blockbuster against the Dragons at Suncorp Stadium.
MORE NEWS
The off-contract 113kg Tongan tearaway has received several written offers, spanning three or four seasons, worth $800,000 annually.
That puts enormous salary-cap pressure on the Broncos, who have already outlaid millions this season to retain fellow young guns Jaydn Su’A, Payne Haas and Jamayne Isaako.
The Broncos have also upgraded Queensland Origin back-rower Matt Gillett, while prop Matt Lodge and Corey Oates — a four-try hero against Manly last week — enter the finals this week without contracts for next season.
Brisbane’s fight to retain Pangai Jr was underscored last week following revelations the former Junior Kangaroos skipper flew to Newcastle for talks with Knights officials.
Now the battle has intensified, with the Broncos hoping Pangai Jr’s loyalty to coach Wayne Bennett can be a key factor in staving off big-money poaching raids from cashed-up NRL rivals.
Pangai Jr played junior football in Newcastle and Broncos skipper Boyd had three seasons at the Knights between 2012-14.
While Boyd has no interest in influencing Pangai Jr, he urged Broncos bosses to win a bidding war, saying the 22-year-old has the potential to surpass Cowboys wrecking ball Taumalolo.
“He can be a Jason Taumalolo in his own right,” Boyd said. “He can be as destructive, if not better, than Taumalolo.
“The sky is the limit for Tevita, he has a great work ethic and football brain.
“I’ve been to other clubs and I know how professional the Broncos are, but it’s up to Tevita to decide what he wants to do.
“I just really hope the Broncos can find a way to keep him.”
Pangai Jr is currently attempting to sever ties with his manager. Their agreement expires in November, meaning the Broncos hulk will not finalise his future for 2019 until after this year’s grand final.
The Broncos remain hopeful of keeping Pangai Jr, with Boyd lauding his development this season.
“He is an exciting talent, he is a special forward,” he said.
“He got a lot of confidence in that Tongan camp last year (at the World Cup) playing with the likes of Taumalolo and Andrew Fifita.
“Tevita has definitely risen this year and it is because of the things he learnt with Tonga’s performance at the World Cup.”
Badel is a hack

Found it on Twitter

Thank **** for that. This gives me some confidence about Bennett's situation as well. Maybe the hatchet burying with White has worked things out in broader terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • barker
  • BruiserMk1
  • Alec
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.