Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2019

Discussion in 'The Rumour Mill' started by raveenkari, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Tom

Tom State of Origin Rep

Did he actually want one?

2. Nope, just scuttlebutt I think, but serious enough for White to address it I guess?

Tom likes this.
  3. bazza

bazza QCup Player

Not totally against getting Sam Williams, but I'd still prefer someone else. What about Aidan Sezer? Perhaps he could offer us what we need. What is everyone's opinion of him these days? It seems he has fallen down the pecking order at Canberra. Maybe he just needs a change of clubs to find some form again. He has a pretty well rounded game overall with a nice left foot kicking game, and he would also add a second goal kicking option to our roster.

4. Alec

Alec International Rep

I think Sezer just re-signed last year? They probably still view him as their main guy, wasn't he just injured or something?

5. bazza

bazza QCup Player

Yeah I believe he was injured, but he has been overlooked the past two weeks for Williams. I think the Raiders have looked better with a Williams and Wighton halves pairing, so if that continues maybe we can sneak in and offer him a starting spot. I believe Sezer is signed until 2020, but contracts don't mean much these days.

6. I don't know what Roberts is on, but Rapana is off contract, I would absolutely sign him, let go of Roberts and have Staggs as our centre next year outside of Rapana. I don't know if Rapana is even interested in leaving Canberra or what sort of money he'd be chasing but given he's 30 next year I doubt he'd be looking at big money contracts and a 2 year deal would line up with Bird and Boyd's contract ending then we have big money to shuffle our backline/halves.

This is all assuming Roberts actually wants to go.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  7. I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon State of Origin Rep

Allo and Gaz like this.
  8. Sproj

Sproj

It most certainly is not. Have we learned nothing from the Bird, Boyd, Milf, Gillett and Macca signings?

Don’t sign guys that are not the right fit on big money and/or long deals. Gutherson is NOT a player the Broncs need.

_noosh, BroncsFan, theshed and 2 others like this.
  9. theshed

theshed NRL Player

I’d love to swap Boyd for Gutho. But unless there is a swap, he is surplus to our actual needs.

Sproj and Gaz like this.
  10. Stu_9

Stu_9 QCup Player

Iv'e been very vocal about going after Gutho. Now is our chance. Surely White can wave his magic and give Darius a nice paying job at the Broncos as Souffs could with GI.

11. Dobbo strikes again...

12. Gaz

Gaz NRL Player

I wonder if his editor pays him for his info then asks for a refund when it’s proved to be bullshit. Must drive his accountant mad.

13. Foordy

Foordy

his editor wouldn't care whether he is right or not ... it's all about the clicks

abashii likes this.
  14. Caniffe

Caniffe

Zero chance Oates is going to Souths.

abashii likes this.
  15. broncsgoat

broncsgoat NRL Player

When did Gutherson become a superstar?

Never been much chop iyam.

Smokin' Joe, Kyall and abashii like this.
  16. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

They've got their own version in Campbell Graham

17. Eta Carinae

Eta Carinae QCup Player

I used to think that but he was really good against the Bullgrubs. The ease with which he skipps to the outside of defenders and throws cutout passes onto the chest of an winger or centre was impressive. Isaako certainly has more potential but he is surely on the verge of displaying that potential in the ISC the way he has been playing.