Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
then i guess the board were in a no-win situation as, if they re-signed Bennett and he continued to win nothing with us, then there would also be calls for their heads.

you mean like the 30 year friendship he has had with Bennett
He could have re-signed for an extra year and won a premiership the same way every other club has over the past few years. A fairy tale. And yes, exactly like that. Except a friendship where he's finally able to tell someone what to do.

I disagree about nobody being bigger than the club. Jordan was bigger than the Bulls, Lebron is bigger than whatever team he signs for, Gretzky was bigger than the LA Kings, Tiger Woods was bigger than golf, Dwayne Johnson is bigger than the WWE, Wayne Bennett is the Broncos. He is the reason for our success. He brought in those players in the 90s that won so many premierships and that success created a great club. Anyone with this much pull in the game, who could sign almost anywhere he wanted over his career and tear us apart if he wanted to and basically do whatever he wanted with the media is bigger than the club. There was probably more articles about him this year than there was about the club. Remember what we were without him?

And I'm saying that kind of thought is toxic to a team environment. Why do you think Hayne causes so much trouble?

The clubs will always be there. The club is who the fans support.

If a fan stopped supporting the Broncos because Wayne wasn't coach anymore I'd say they were never a real fan of the Broncos.

If the players are only playing for Wayne and not for the Broncos then I'd feel better if they just left.

He could have re-signed for an extra year and won a premiership the same way every other club has over the past few years. A fairy tale. And yes, exactly like that. Except a friendship where he's finally able to tell someone what to do.
Every premiership in the history of the nrl has some fairytale element to it. What makes you think the mosted hated man in sydney and nrl media leaving the mosted hated club in sydney and nrl media would somehow automatically get us a premiership? And why is a potential fairytale even a criteria to keep a coach? And why are you holding seibold to greater expectations then bennett when you have continuously made it clear that you think seibold is a downgrade? Wouldnt it then mean simply achieving the same result (3rd-7th with a weak finals exit) would be a success, seen as he isnt as good?

And I'm saying that kind of thought is toxic to a team environment. Why do you think Hayne causes so much trouble?

The clubs will always be there. The club is who the fans support.

If a fan stopped supporting the Broncos because Wayne wasn't coach anymore I'd say they were never a real fan of the Broncos.

If the players are only playing for Wayne and not for the Broncos then I'd feel better if they just left.
It's not toxic when good players are coming to the club because of him. Michael Jordan wasn't toxic, Wayne Gretzky wasn't toxic. I will never stop supporting the club. But I will stop supporting the board, the coach and players if they aren't doing what is best for the club.

Every premiership in the history of the nrl has some fairytale element to it. What makes you think the mosted hated man in sydney and nrl media leaving the mosted hated club in sydney and nrl media would somehow automatically get us a premiership? And why is a potential fairytale even a criteria to keep a coach? And why are you holding seibold to greater expectations then bennett when you have continuously made it clear that you think seibold is a downgrade? Wouldnt it then mean simply achieving the same result (3rd-7th with a weak finals exit) would be a success, seen as he isnt as good?
Ah but not the "first ever" or "sydney only" fairy tale the NRL and the media have been spruiking and begging for over the last few years. Clubs have been handed premierships recently and there's no doubt the NRL have aided that. I don't really think we would get a fairy tale. I just think it's ridiculous to say Bennett has failed because he hasn't won a premiership when every year since he has been back has been WWE-esque in the way grand finals were predetermined. Seibold is 100% a downgrade but I'm not holding him to higher standards. Failing is taking us to where we were when Hook and Henjak were in charge.

Last edited:
It's not toxic when good players are coming to the club because of him. Michael Jordan wasn't toxic, Wayne Gretzky wasn't toxic. I will never stop supporting the club. But I will stop supporting the board, the coach and players if they aren't doing what is best for the club.

Okay, I think everyones missing the point of why the Broncos want Bennett gone.

divide and conquer - A strategy for achieving political or military control. A divide and conquer strategy, also known as “divide and rule strategy” is often applied in the arenas of politics and sociology. In this strategy, one power breaks another power into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one.

He wants power over the club so he breaks the team and club apart.

TOXIC OLD BENNY

Last edited:

divide and conquer - A strategy for achieving political or military control. A divide and conquer strategy, also known as “divide and rule strategy” is often applied in the arenas of politics and sociology. In this strategy, one power breaks another power into smaller, more manageable pieces, and then takes control of those pieces one by one.

TOXIC OLD BENNY
I think you are guessing based on crap the media wants you to think

I think you are guessing based on crap the media wants you to think

I make my own mind up on things. I can pick up a lot more by the words in quotes or by watching and analysing behaviour in a post match press conference than I can by reading a clickbait headline with no substantial article attached.

I make my own mind up on things. I can pick up a lot more by the words in quotes or by watching and analysing behaviour in a post match press conference than I can by reading a clickbait headline with no substantial article attached.

So what you're saying it that you're the only person on planet Earth, who can read Wayne Bennett?

Clenched hand.

Anyway, this sounds good for our current roster situation.

South Sydney lock Cameron Murray, who has also proven himself up to NRL standard this year, praised the coaching mechanisms that Seibold has brought to the club.
"He's my type of coach," Murray said.
"He's very consistent and he's honest in his feedback.
"He's got all the traits and the personality that a head coach needs, especially for a young player who's not as used to the NRL."

Anyway, this sounds good for our current roster situation.

South Sydney lock Cameron Murray, who has also proven himself up to NRL standard this year, praised the coaching mechanisms that Seibold has brought to the club.
"He's my type of coach," Murray said.
"He's very consistent and he's honest in his feedback.
"He's got all the traits and the personality that a head coach needs, especially for a young player who's not as used to the NRL."
So Murray to the Broncos then?

Any whispers on Carrigan and if he will be sticking around??

c2c.jpg

TOXIC OLD BENNY

Last edited:
Seems they are gunning for Napa.

Would a signing like Napa for us make up for losing Tevita?

A very different style of player, but one that wins premierships.

I always thought he'd look good in a Broncos jersey alongside McGuire and Gillett.

If Tevita or Lodge are seriously considering following Bennett then Napa would be a decent contingency plan.

It's all a media beat up anyway I hope

Would a signing like Napa for us make up for losing Tevita?

A very different style of player, but one that wins premierships.

I always thought he'd look good in a Broncos jersey alongside McGuire and Gillett.

If Tevita or Lodge are seriously considering following Bennett then Napa would be a decent contingency plan.

It's all a media beat up anyway I hope

He would certainly make up for TPJ's lack of discipline and boneheadedness. As for talent, not even close mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gray
  • Maroon4life
  • Santa
  • thenry
  • LittleDavey
  • Robboi_321
  • Big Del
  • Midean
  • theshed
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncsgoat
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Strop
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
... and 46 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.