Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I did forget to include the lock role. My bad. No, I wouldn't include Fensom anywhere. I think Fifita has been tremendous for us everywhere he's been used and I'd happily have him there but like all fantasy filled fanatics I'd be open to change.

It's one of the biggest selection headaches at the club. The Broncos have given the job to three different players and all of them have struggled to make it their own.

Yes, I did forget to include the lock role. My bad. No, I wouldn't include Fensom anywhere. I think Fifita has been tremendous for us everywhere he's been used and I'd happily have him there but like all fantasy filled fanatics I'd be open to change.

That’s pretty much how I see our best bet being.

Fifita and Carrigan would be duking it out for the permanent 13 spot in my view.

I’d start with Lodge and TPJ upfront.

Bench:

Nikorima
Haas
Taga / Flegler / Offa
Sua / Fifita / Carrigan

Fensom, Mago etc become nothing more than depth. Taga I include simply because we need more experience, from the bench. Either him or Glenn has to be there to provide a cooler, older head among all the young fellas.

Last edited:
I disagree, Haas carried the ball well, but the lock forward position requires more than that.

I respect your view but he also tackled his ass off and I suspect with more time he will have the confidence to pop out more offloads. I guess it depends what kind of lock you want. It’s a gross name to use but he is the Gallen type of lock. He could easily churn out huge stats over 80 minutes.

I respect your view but he also tackled his ass off and I suspect with more time he will have the confidence to pop out more offloads. I guess it depends what kind of lock you want. It’s a gross name to use but he is the Gallen type of lock. He could easily churn out huge stats over 80 minutes.

But on the basis of Friday night it was a very one dimensional performance. That's fine for a front row forward, but you can't have your lock simply run the same play 17 times or so times, they've got to be able to mix it up. Even a player like Taumalolo who can be one dimensional will take different lines or will pop up in different places on the field.

45 tackles is impressive, but it ultimately doesn't matter when you're not making the tackles that count.

Don't get me wrong, Payne Haas should start, he just shouldn't be the long-term 13.

Last edited:
Keep Nikorima, punt Milford and sign somebody who has half a footy brain and can comprehend what it takes to actually win a game of footy. Nikorima is just as good at Milford for 1/5 the price. At least Nikorima looks dangerous with ball in hand. Milford is a shadow of his 2015 former self where he made line break after line break. I’ve had enough of him running around in circles like a headless chook in the middle of the field. The money that’s left over from Milford’s ridiculously high contract can be used to re-sign somebody else.
I still can’t comprehend why we made him big so he can defend in the line and lose basically 3/4 of his elusiveness that he had at Canberra but we still let Kodi be small and effective?

I still can’t comprehend why we made him big so he can defend in the line and lose basically 3/4 of his elusiveness that he had at Canberra but we still let Kodi be small and effective?

I don’t buy that bullshit about being bigger to defend in the line. He needs to lose weight. He isn’t even close to his 2015 self or his Canberra days. He is overweight, slow and down on a lot of confidence. At the moment I’m prepared to say that he is only just behind Hunt as the most overpaid player in the competition. What worrys me more is the fact that after 5 or 6 years in first grade he still doesn’t know what it takes to close a game of footy.

But on the basis of Friday night it was a very one dimensional performance. That's fine for a front row forward, but you can't have your lock simply run the same play 17 times or so times, they've got to be able to mix it up. Even a player like Taumalolo who can be one dimensional will take different lines or will pop up in different places on the field.

45 tackles is impressive, but it ultimately doesn't matter when you're not making the tackles that count.

Don't get me wrong, Payne Haas should start, he just shouldn't be the long-term 13.

I am not sure that I disagree but I’m also sure I don’t agree and I know that doesn’t make sense. I always respect your opinion more than most but in this case, I think you are being very quick in judgment.

That was Haas’s fourth career game in a position I don’t think he has a whole lot of experience in. He ran hard and broke tackles, gained heaps of post contact metres and looked threatening every run. He tackled like a machine and yes, missed an important tackle.

He is also still very young and very inexperienced. We have no idea if he has an offload or anything else yet but what he does have is speed, amazing power and a motor similar to JT2.

There is absolutely no reason why he can’t be every bit as good as him at lock with more experience under his belt or even have more dimensions to his game and become a more dynamic lock.

He also may not be a lock at all. But to write him after his fourth career game and first starting in the position and having made a pretty good fist of it is just weird.

I don’t buy that bullshit about being bigger to defend in the line. He needs to lose weight. He isn’t even close to his 2015 self or his Canberra days. He is overweight, slow and down on a lot of confidence. At the moment I’m prepared to say that he is only just behind Hunt as the most overpaid player in the competition. What worrys me more is the fact that after 5 or 6 years in first grade he still doesn’t know what it takes to close a game of footy.

He’s horribly out of form but he was closing games out for us through the back end of last year with his kicking game. Which is why he ended up with the Paul Morgan medal.

I am not sure that I disagree but I’m also sure I don’t agree and I know that doesn’t make sense. I always respect your opinion more than most but in this case, I think you are being very quick in judgment.

That was Haas’s fourth career game in a position I don’t think he has a whole lot of experience in. He ran hard and broke tackles, gained heaps of post contact metres and looked threatening every run. He tackled like a machine and yes, missed an important tackle.

He is also still very young and very inexperienced. We have no idea if he has an offload or anything else yet but what he does have is speed, amazing power and a motor similar to JT2.

There is absolutely no reason why he can’t be every bit as good as him at lock with more experience under his belt or even have more dimensions to his game and become a more dynamic lock.

He also may not be a lock at all. But to write him after his fourth career game and first starting in the position and having made a pretty good fist of it is just weird.
Could not agree more.

I understand it’s a different scenario, but I always think back to how Michael Jordan couldn’t make his college basketball team.

Look how that turned out.

Haas is already a freak, but think what he could be, in any position in the pack really, if he stays on his current trajectory and is given time to mature into the position.

Writing him off after one game is just foolhardy, and I don’t say that to be abrasive in any way. It just really is daft (which reminds me of another great story about how Daft Punk got their name, but that’s for another day).

Last edited:

It was Payne Haas' 4th NRL game, but he's played plenty of football before then, and everything I've seen suggests he'd a great front rower.

I could very well be wrong and Seibold may like that Klemmer style lock forward. I just remember how stifled the Bulldogs attack was with him at lock forward and I saw a lot of those same qualities on Thursday night. He was essentially an extra middle third than a lock.

I think Haas is a prop. Everyone knows who our 13 should be at the moment.

Daily telegraph reporting the eels won’t budge on their $500k offer to Gutho.
Brisbane, pull your finger out and get the bloke here for 2020 onwards!!

Daily telegraph reporting the eels won’t budge on their $500k offer to Gutho.
Brisbane, pull your finger out and get the bloke here for 2020 onwards!!
If we can get gutho for under 600k we should jump at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • levikaden
  • FACTHUNT
  • john1420
  • Santa
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Harry Sack
  • Justwin
  • johnyE
  • Broncs1459
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • Swordfish
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.