Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbelievable if Wayne convinces Souths to go through with it. That being said, Souths won't notice too much difference considering how shit AJ is.

Wayne will probably get us to subsidise his wages by about 80%.

Tbf, Darius would probably be a great fit at Souths. There is a real 2010 st George feel about this Rabbitohs team.

Last edited:
I don't think it would happen. And if it did, I would seriously wonder if Inglis got the tap on the shoulder from Bennett and what his motivations for doing it were. Don't get me wrong, at this stage I would love for it to happen, but there would be a foul stink to it........in theory could it be done this year?

I don't think it would happen. And if it did, I would seriously wonder if Inglis got the tap on the shoulder from Bennett and what his motivations for doing it were. Don't get me wrong, at this stage I would love for it to happen, but there would be a foul stink to it........in theory could it be done this year?

in theory ... yes (assuming Souths have the cap space)

however ... just because Souths make an approach to us (if it has actually happened) doesn't mean that:

a) We would be prepared to release him (especially with such a young squad)
b) Boyd even wants to move. there have been no indications that this would be the case. He loves this club ... he would never have followed Bennett in the first instance if we wanted him ... and he is now the club captain.

in theory ... yes (assuming Souths have the cap space)

however ... just because Souths make an approach to us (if it has actually happened) doesn't mean that:

a) We would be prepared to release him (especially with such a young squad)
b) Boyd even wants to move. there have been no indications that this would be the case. He loves this club ... he would never have followed Bennett in the first instance if we wanted him ... and he is now the club captain.

If this was even a possibility and the powers that be even hesitated, then they should all be sacked on the spot

In all seriousness, there’s probably a zero percent chance he even wants to leave, he’s said on numerous occasions that he wants to retire here, regardless of Wayne leaving.

Tbf, it’s not his fault the club gave him a fantastic contract. You reap what you sow

Last edited:
Tiniest, little bit of scuttlebutt, that Souths have made an approach to the Broncs to release Boyd...
iu

D.Boyd to the rabbits couldn’t be true could it? Easter miricle?!?

For season 2020 onwards I’m now told...
I want the club to be ruthless and try to make them pay the whole amount but to be realistic I'd be happy if the club paid about a 1/3 of his income. That's still about $500,000 to our cap and that we aren't spending on a 30+ year old fullback who doesn't like the collision and is slowing down (please note everyone that I don't think he is the source of our problems, but the money he is on is ridiculous at his age and with his injury history).

Last edited:
Also prefer it to be next year. He hasn't been performing but we are massively lacking in experience already, I just hope he goes to wing if he keeps performing like he has. And I also think it will help souths, because they have the spine to make up for his lack of running game and it may be enough to get them a premierhship if it happens this year. They will drop off next year just like we did. Could you imagine the confirmation bias BS that would be going on in BHQ if that happened haha I'd leave this place for sure! It'd get incredibly boring and repetitive

Last edited:
So let me get this straight, we have 'rumours' that both Darbs & Jimmy are heading south....
How about this little daydream, a 3 for 2 deal...
Darbs, Jimmy & McCullough
FOR
Reynolds & Cook!

1 Bird
6 Milford
7 Reynolds
9 Cook
14 Knik

Looks for lube

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.