Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
JETTING SOUTH
There is very strong mail that James Roberts’ appearance for the Broncos against the Rabbitohs on Thursday night at ANZ Stadium will be his last in a Brisbane jersey. And that he will be at Souths the week after.
Monday Buzz - the daily telegraph.

There’s no doubt it’s all happening at BHQ.

Wow ! You finally win another game than all of a sudden everyone wants out lol

Read somewhere that Sean O'Sullivan's dad is a recruitment manager at the warriors, is this correct?

So we're potentially losing Roberts & Kodi over the next couple of weeks. That'll pretty much be the final nail in the coffin of our premiership aspirations this season, but I can see the long term benefits outweighing that short-term pain.

From what I've read, Roberts is on $500K a season, and Nikorima is in the $350-400K range. Add that to the fact Thaiday retired & we released McGuire, Kahu & Sims over the off-season without bringing anyone of note in, we're going to have comfortably enough money to re-sign Oates & TPJ and upgrade Flegler & Fifita's contracts as well, with a bit left over to go to market I'd say.

Happy times imo. The only person who's off-contract who we may struggle to retain is Ofahengaue. But we'll see how things go, at this rate we're going to have too many middle forwards, so losing Joe may be a necessity for the continuity of the roster & salary cap.

Wow ! You finally win another game than all of a sudden everyone wants out lol
Why play in a high pressure environment for a high profile club when you are being coached by spuds? eg. Siebs and Ben Cross. Not to mention the very slim chance of post season play. It's no coincidence that these two players are departing for clubs containing former Bronco officials. They would be crazy to let these players go but it is looking likely. They are both probably better off elsewhere anyways. There will be more to follow.

Why play in a high pressure environment for a high profile club when you are being coached by spuds? eg. Siebs and Ben Cross. Not to mention the very slim chance of post season play. It's no coincidence that these two players are departing for clubs containing former Bronco officials. They would be crazy to let these players go but it is looking likely. They are both probably better off elsewhere anyways. There will be more to follow.

You're talking as though we're losing Milford and Lodge instead of a 'halfback' who is the laughing stock of the league and a perpetually injured centre, whose only asset is his speed, who seems to be in a media manufactured scandal every second week. Not to mention we have Staggs already ready to come in at centre and who has a higher ceiling that Roberts plus a half the club is confident is the next big thing and can't really be any worse than Niko as long as he can tackle.

Just in Corey Oats to leave NRL and join the fire birds net ball team

You're talking as though we're losing Milford and Lodge instead of a 'halfback' who is the laughing stock of the league and a perpetually injured centre, whose only asset is his speed, who seems to be in a media manufactured scandal every second week. Not to mention we have Staggs already ready to come in at centre and who has a higher ceiling that Roberts plus a half the club is confident is the next big thing and can't really be any worse than Niko as long as he can tackle.
I've haven't heard or read anyone referring to Staggs as the next big thing except maybe his cousin. (DD). Possibly a solid player in the making but it is far too early to tell. Kodi has certainly struggled but he is still the best HB in the club and he is far from a laughing stock. The Jet got his nickname for his swiftness and you need the fast men in your club because of their game breaking ability. He comes with a bit of baggage but who cares!!! It's Rugby League, not Polo.

I've haven't heard or read anyone referring to Staggs as the next big thing except maybe his cousin. (DD). Possibly a solid player in the making but it is far too early to tell. Kodi has certainly struggled but he is still the best HB in the club and he is far from a laughing stock. The Jet got his nickname for his swiftness and you need the fast men in your club because of their game breaking ability. He comes with a bit of baggage but who cares!!! It's Rugby League, not Polo.

If losing Roberts helps us retain TPJ, Oates, and the other young guns we need to re-sign then it will be a necessary loss. He'll be good for the Rabbits; they need to win a comp within a year or two as their roster is aging, so signing a player like Roberts, who is good player but will rapidly turn to shit when his speed starts to desert him, won't really bother them.

I thought it was pretty well known that Staggs is a good prospect. He's scored some seriously good tries where he just busts through tackles. He is also six years younger than Roberts and a Broncos fan which is a positive.

Last edited:
Reactions: LGH
If losing Roberts helps us retain TPJ, Oates, and the other young guns we need to re-sign then it will be a necessary loss. He'll be good for the Rabbits; they need to win a comp within a year or two as their roster is aging, so signing a player like Roberts, who is good player but will rapidly turn to shit when his speed starts to desert him, won't really bother them.

I thought it was pretty well known that Staggs is a good prospect. He's scored some seriously good tries where he just busts through tackles. He is also six years younger than Roberts and a Broncos fan which is a positive.

A New South Welshman to replace a New South Welshman, fitting.

It's something we haven't really spoken about yet, but I haven't been a massive fan of us slowly becoming the NSW Broncos.

We can't lose our DNA. That's what has made this club special, always built around the best Queensland has to offer.

With that being said, don't you dare touch my Lodge, Haas or TPJ.

lol if true our dumbass club is just giving our players away again.

Seibold has been bagged for recruiting no-one since he has been here and then he has been bagged for not doing enough with the squad he inherited but had no say over...

What if he is simply clearing the decks, when the opportunity presented itself?

Seibold has been bagged for recruiting no-one since he has been here and then he has been bagged for not doing enough with the squad he inherited but had no say over...

What if he is simply clearing the decks, when the opportunity presented itself?
I haven't bagged him. There's a time and place and halfway into the season isn't really it. Unless he has someone lined up, then I'd be ok with it. Anyway it hasn't even happened yet no need for any of us to get upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• broncotville
  • NSW stables
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.