Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't bagged him. There's a time and place and halfway into the season isn't really it. Unless he has someone lined up, then I'd be ok with it. Anyway it hasn't even happened yet no need for any of us to get upset.

Never said you did bag him, but he has been bagged nonetheless. I’ve even seen people criticise Seibold in comparison to Wayne, because Wayne signed Ethan effing Lowe to Souths whereas Seibs has signed no-one (yet) to the Broncs...

Really?

Never said you did bag him, but he has been bagged nonetheless. I’ve even seen people criticise Seibold in comparison to Wayne, because Wayne signed Ethan effing Lowe to Souths whereas Seibs has signed no-one (yet) to the Broncs...

Really?

Liam Knight actually, who's made a real difference coming off the bench for Souths.

I said his recruitment at Souths left a lot to be desired. Despite losing Crichton, Seibold didn't recruit anybody to take his spot and the signings he did make didn't inspire a lot of confidence or address his weak forward rotation. Ordinarily that wouldn't be a big problem if they had quality juniors coming through, but they struggled in every competition outside of the NRL last season.

I understand why others wouldn't be so quick to judge, but it's just something I'm wary of when it comes to first year coaches.

It is, his father is Peter O'Sullivan, the former recruitment manager at Melbourne and Sydney.
It would be awesome if he had spent the past 5 years or so poaching and retaining players and switching clubs solely for the purpose of moving Sean up the pecking order.

Any truth in the rumour that the Warriors have approached Niko and the Broncos requesting that he get an early release?
I just saw a post pop up that he could be on a plane to NZ by the end of the week.
Also if this is the case, it makes sense as to why the Broncos pulled Dearden out of the Q Cup game today, if he were to move into the first grade squad it would give him a few extra days to prep for his debut.

Any truth in the rumour that the Warriors have approached Niko and the Broncos requesting that he get an early release?
I just saw a post pop up that he could be on a plane to NZ by the end of the week.
Also if this is the case, it makes sense as to why the Broncos pulled Dearden out of the Q Cup game today, if he were to move into the first grade squad it would give him a few extra days to prep for his debut.

That’s literally what the last 3 pages are about my friend

Liam Knight actually, who's made a real difference coming off the bench for Souths.

I said his recruitment at Souths left a lot to be desired. Despite losing Crichton, Seibold didn't recruit anybody to take his spot and the signings he did make didn't inspire a lot of confidence or address his weak forward rotation. Ordinarily that wouldn't be a big problem if they had quality juniors coming through, but they struggled in every competition outside of the NRL last season.

I understand why others wouldn't be so quick to judge, but it's just something I'm wary of when it comes to first year coaches.

Liam Knight was recruited by Souths before Seibold left and before Wayne had signed, but okay lets chalk that one up to Wayne to be on the safe side...

Souths may have struggled outside the NRL last season, but Seibold’s team finished 3rd and made the prelim final. Wayne’s team last year finished below where they did in 2017, and had an overall downward trend since he came back to the Broncos in 2014, so that says plenty about Wayne’s recruitment and retention... Seibold has had one full year as a head coach and he took a team that ran 13th the year before he took over, to 3rd...

Let’s call a spade a spade here...

Liam Knight was recruited by Souths before Seibold left and before Wayne had signed, but okay lets chalk that one up to Wayne to be on the safe side...

Souths may have struggled outside the NRL last season, but Seibold’s team finished 3rd and made the prelim final. Wayne’s team last year finished below where they did in 2017, and had an overall downward trend since he came back to the Broncos in 2014, so that says plenty about Wayne’s recruitment and retention... Seibold has had one full year as a head coach and he took a team that ran 13th the year before he took over, to 3rd...

Yes, Wayne had us finishing 1 win off equal first last year. If you're calling a spade a spade we did pretty well, but fell over in the final hurdle. One game difference between Wayne's team and Seibolds team and they have a top quality 7 and 9.

Seibold did well in his first year, Wayne did alright last year too.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/19...d-liam-knight-as-his-first-rabbitohs-recruit/

Safety first.

Souths may have struggled outside the NRL last season, but Seibold’s team finished 3rd and made the prelim final. Wayne’s team last year finished below where they did in 2017, and had an overall downward trend since he came back to the Broncos in 2014

As far as the Broncos are concerned, Bennett is history. I'm wary of the way Seibold managed the roster at Souths and I'm curious to see how he manages that facet of coaching.

Seibold inherited a pretty good team last year apparently

Last edited:

The highlighted bit would be the part that prompts you to say 'I Was Wrong'. That's what agendas and fact checking are all about.

So are you now on the Seibold train? I mean, you said it. You're impressed.

One thing that’s impressed me and about fifty that haven’t.

Isn't this a rumours thread???

I think we all have to remember seibs is on a 5 year contract with us.
He is 7 games into his coaching stint with us, he has inherited this squad, and is moving on who he thinks we can afford to loose.
He wants to assemble a squad that are a genuine premiership chance.
I don’t think we are loosing much at all in Kodi and Roberts. Staggs for mine is more consistent then the injury and media prone Roberts.
As for halfback, Dearden is the future they see.
We won’t win much this year, but 2020 or 2021 we should be a genuine chance.

This is long term.

Has no leg drive. Quick in open space, but down like sack as soon as someone lays a hand on him. Also has a punchable face.

Could also have the worst case of feet for hands I’ve ever seen

I think we all have to remember seibs is on a 5 year contract with us.
He is 7 games into his coaching stint with us, he has inherited this squad, and is moving on who he thinks we can afford to loose.
He wants to assemble a squad that are a genuine premiership chance.
I don’t think we are loosing much at all in Kodi and Roberts. Staggs for mine is more consistent then the injury and media prone Roberts.
As for halfback, Dearden is the future they see.
We won’t win much this year, but 2020 or 2021 we should be a genuine chance.

This is long term.
Loose rhymes with goose so read your posts aloud if unsure. No sense sounding silly just for the letter O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.