Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ponga for Bird, Darius and Macca seems pretty good to me
You could get Ponga just for Darius and Macca... Ponga is on like sub 700k atm isn't he? Next contract will likely be 1.2m and Isn't darius on like 750 and macca 450 or something?

Maybe last year it was Bennett who wanted Su'a after all. Coincidence these two haven't been playing and are now heading to Souths. Sua may not be needed right now with Gillo and Glenn but this one might come back to haunt us tbf. Just bad timing i think in his case.

Maybe last year it was Bennett who wanted Su'a after all. Coincidence these two haven't been playing and are now heading to Souths. Sua may not be needed right now with Gillo and Glenn but this one might come back to haunt us tbf. Just bad timing i think in his case.

Su'A to Souths? Source?

Not sure Sua would be too missed. He has done absolutely nothing this year.
Imagine if we could somehow also get macca off th books.
Gee whiz we are going to be cashed up!

Last edited:
Not sure Sua would be too missed. He has done absolutely nothing this year.
Imagine if we could somehow also get macca off th books.
Gee whiz we are going to be cashed up!

Yeah and with the exception of McGuire we've offloaded nothing but minnows.

I think Seibold's use of Sua earlier in the year has set him back more than i thought. He wasnt fit, and then he had him playing as a middle forward for some weird reason. He is currently miles behind Glenn, who it was thought he would be taking the spot of. In reality, he isnt even close at the moment. He needs to play some better, consistent footy in the ISC.
[automerge]1559287622[/automerge]
Didn't O'Dowell have Su'A playing Hooker for the Broncos a few weeks ago? His scoops change like the weather. Maybe he'll get one eventually.

That was comical.

Last edited:
I think Seibold's use of Sua earlier in the year has set him back more than i thought. He wasnt fit, and then he had him playing as a middle forward for some weird reason. He is currently miles behind Glenn, who it was thought he would be taking the spot of. In reality, he isnt even close at the moment. He needs to play some better, consistent footy in the ISC.
[automerge]1559287622[/automerge]

That was comical.
Sua was given an opportunity to make an impact off the bench, we needed a player who could play edge and middle and he was a clear candidate due tothe massive amount of size he put on and his ability to hit hard in defence. From all reports he is hardly setting the world on fire in QLD cup. Its 11 games back from his injury and he played second row, his excuses are starting to run thin. He was missing tackles he didn't last year and his lateral defence was atrocious. He may still become very, very good but I'd take 2 years of Glenn at the moment over the possibility of him coming good because its looking less and less likely, and if playing a few games in the middle for 20 minutes is his excuse for his atrocious fall from last year then he may never get better then Glenn...

Sua was given an opportunity to make an impact off the bench, we needed a player who could play edge and middle and he was a clear candidate due tothe massive amount of size he put on and his ability to hit hard in defence. From all reports he is hardly setting the world on fire in QLD cup. Its 11 games back from his injury and he played second row, his excuses are starting to run thin. He was missing tackles he didn't last year and his lateral defence was atrocious. He may still become very, very good but I'd take 2 years of Glenn at the moment over the possibility of him coming good because its looking less and less likely, and if playing a few games in the middle for 20 minutes is his excuse for his atrocious fall from last year then he may never get better then Glenn...

I dont think he was ever suited to being a middle forward, but i still think the biggest mistake was not letting him get fully fit before throwing him back in. We had enough other options for the role we gave Sua.

I dont think he was ever suited to being a middle forward, but i still think the biggest mistake was not letting him get fully fit before throwing him back in. We had enough other options for the role we gave Sua.
He broke his ankle in the middle of July 2018, he had a full preseason and 2 trial games, and was given 6 weeks in the nrl not playing big minutes. Id understand if he was a bit rusty for a few weeks but ffs he was terrible, in whatever role he played (he did get a few runs at 2nd row as well remember). If he is not fully fit it is his fault, his ankle wasn't an excuse after about round 3... Glenn has taken to the challenge and embarrassed sua, sua may still become very good but we have him on a 2 year contract so he better hurry up because we have A LOT of good young forwards who are already overtaking him. I'm worried he will become fai number 2...

He broke his ankle in the middle of July 2018, he had a full preseason and 2 trial games, and was given 6 weeks in the nrl not playing big minutes. Id understand if he was a bit rusty for a few weeks but ffs he was terrible, in whatever role he played (he did get a few runs at 2nd row as well remember). If he is not fully fit it is his fault, his ankle wasn't an excuse after about round 3... Glenn has taken to the challenge and embarrassed sua, sua may still become very good but we have him on a 2 year contract so he better hurry up because we have A LOT of good young forwards who are already overtaking him. I'm worried he will become fai number 2...

IIRC didnt he have a setback with his ankle in January or February?

He has to start improving i agree, and i think he has let his weight get a bit high, but i still think it was stupid having 2 back rowers on the bench early on to come on and play in the middle.

He has to start improving i agree, and i think he has let his weight get a bit high, but i still think it was stupid having 2 back rowers on the bench early on to come on and play in the middle.
I agree Wolfman but need to be careful making excuses for these young guys. Fifita was in the exact position as Sua. One has been dropped to ISC, the other is playing on Wednesday night.

He had a "minor setback" in January, he was still able to train but they pulled it back for a couple of weeks. Hardly justifies 12 weeks of the performance drop he has had.
I agree, as was putting gillett in the middle. But in hindsight it was for a reason. Look at gillett now, in his last 2 or 3 games he is starting to get back to his good form. 12 weeks after not playing for far longer then sua. Why? Because he benefitted from the time in the middle. Simpler role that requires constant effort, leading to a quicker improvement in match fitness I would think. Sua is a quality player, he was given an opportunity in and out of his prefered position, he didn't grasp it. He might deserve more time but with Glenn and gillett in the short term and Fifita after that, sua better hope bulle more doesn't live up to expectations otherwise where does he fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
  • MasterWright
  • Santa
  • westy316
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.