Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Wolfman but need to be careful making excuses for these young guys. Fifita was in the exact position as Sua. One has been dropped to ISC, the other is playing on Wednesday night.

I’m actually really surprised Fifita got selected for qld. He set the world on fire last year but hasn’t done much this season partly due to lack of opportunities and playing off the bench.

I’m actually really surprised Fifita got selected for qld. He set the world on fire last year but hasn’t done much this season partly due to lack of opportunities and playing off the bench.
Not sure I'd agree he hasn't done much this season. Qld stocks are looking really thin too with generational change and injuries.

He broke his ankle in the middle of July 2018, he had a full preseason and 2 trial games, and was given 6 weeks in the nrl not playing big minutes. Id understand if he was a bit rusty for a few weeks but ffs he was terrible, in whatever role he played (he did get a few runs at 2nd row as well remember). If he is not fully fit it is his fault, his ankle wasn't an excuse after about round 3... Glenn has taken to the challenge and embarrassed sua, sua may still become very good but we have him on a 2 year contract so he better hurry up because we have A LOT of good young forwards who are already overtaking him. I'm worried he will become fai number 2...
It’s funny when people say he had a huge weight gain. He really didn’t at all. His ankle injury from a good source was not a normal easy break and he had two weeks of preseason before he had to stop running again. He wasn’t atrocious in his first game back and really only had one game where he played terrible. Glenn and Gillo were too at the time. Sua wasn’t a middle forward and that’s why there is no spot for him right now.

It’s funny when people say he had a huge weight gain. He really didn’t at all. His ankle injury from a good source was not a normal easy break and he had two weeks of preseason before he had to stop running again. He wasn’t atrocious in his first game back and really only had one game where he played terrible. Glenn and Gillo were too at the time. Sua wasn’t a middle forward and that’s why there is no spot for him right now.
Sua had good weight gain, not bad. He was overweight in preseason but it was obvious it was temporary.
Surgical complications? Did he get osteomyelitis? Comminuted & tri-malleolar? Open fracture? Because for a professional athlete to have 6 months recovery it would want to be at least 1 of those things....
Also, I noticed he played lock for souths, he must have done well in 2nd row. For a guy getting paid reportedly nearly half a million $, and talked about as an origin prospect this year he should be tearing them apart in QLD cup-regardless of the team around him.
He wasn't shocking, except that 1 game, but he wasn't good. I would confidently say I would have picked 2018 mago over 2019 sua - a plug a hole type forward
I'm not saying he won't come good, but he better hurry up because his excuses are running out and we have enough stock now and in the future..

Sua had good weight gain, not bad. He was overweight in preseason but it was obvious it was temporary.
Surgical complications? Did he get osteomyelitis? Comminuted & tri-malleolar? Open fracture? Because for a professional athlete to have 6 months recovery it would want to be at least 1 of those things....
Also, I noticed he played lock for souths, he must have done well in 2nd row. For a guy getting paid reportedly nearly half a million $, and talked about as an origin prospect this year he should be tearing them apart in QLD cup-regardless of the team around him.
He wasn't shocking, except that 1 game, but he wasn't good. I would confidently say I would have picked 2018 mago over 2019 sua - a plug a hole type forward
I'm not saying he won't come good, but he better hurry up because his excuses are running out and we have enough stock now and in the future..
Everything about his drop in form is reminding me of Jimmy's situation. I'm just wondering if he's 'executing' another of Benny's plans in that he drops off in effort and then when he is dropped to ISC he asks for a transfer or a release on some made up compassionate bullshit and heads off to Souffs.

I said it after the Falcons' fiasco that Su'A is trying his arse off in a terrible team.

Four games and he's had to contend with 43%, 44%, 44% and finally 50% of the ball. Not too sure what today was yet.

He's played 80 minutes every week, making extra efforts. LIke against the Falcons down 68 and chases and scores 78th minute.

Look at his run meters and hit up meters. He's taking hard runs and trying to get his team out of this mess.

102m/102m
93m/76m
97m/97m
126m/115m

His missed tackles are high but that's all they're doing at the moment is tackling and getting flogged.

I said it after the Falcons' fiasco that Su'A is trying his arse off in a terrible team.

Four games and he's had to contend with 43%, 44%, 44% and finally 50% of the ball. Not too sure what today was yet.

He's played 80 minutes every week, making extra efforts. LIke against the Falcons down 68 and chases and scores 78th minute.

Look at his run meters and hit up meters. He's taking hard runs and trying to get his team out of this mess.

102m/102m
93m/76m
97m/97m
126m/115m

His missed tackles are high but that's all they're doing at the moment is tackling and getting flogged.
So it sounds like I've read him completely wrong. Is he a chance of getting a run during the origin series do you think?

I don't know the medical terminology sorry, but I do know that it had a lot of complications and had a lot of complications even before the break. I just asked my source and he hasn't played lock for Souths Logan - was named there this week apparently in error, but played second row.

102m/102m
93m/76m
97m/97m
126m/115m

Can we not move him to a better team? Doesn’t make much sense to have one of our prospects getting his ass handed to him every week.

Can we not move him to a better team? Doesn’t make much sense to have one of our prospects getting his ass handed to him every week.

Haas and Carrigan benefited from doing it tough at Wynnum last year.

Wynnum had a few bad whoppings last year, but nothing compared to what is happening at Souths Logan at the moment. Their structure has been woeful.

102m/102m
93m/76m
97m/97m
126m/115m

Looking at his tackle totals, I'm not sure his missed tackles can really be attributed to too much defense. Back rowers these days are asked to make 40+ tackles on a weekly basis, he's not even getting close to that amount, against weaker opposition, and is still missing a lot of tackles.

I'd say that's the main thing keeping him from getting another opportunity.

Looking at his tackle totals, I'm not sure his missed tackles can really be attributed to too much defense. Back rowers these days are asked to make 40+ tackles on a weekly basis, he's not even getting close to that amount, against weaker opposition, and is still missing a lot of tackles.

I'd say that's the main thing keeping him from getting another opportunity.

I said the team, all Souths are doing is defending. Tackles counts individually won't be high because they are getting beaten by 70.

In four of his games they have had to defend 10 more extra sets.

61, 35, 58 and 59 more tackles than the other team.

Up and back 10 extra sets nearly every week. All they're doing is tackling.

I said the team, all Souths are doing is defending. Tackles counts individually won't be high because they are getting beaten by 70.

In four of his games they have had to defend 10 more extra sets.

61, 35, 58 and 59 more tackles than the other team.

Up and back 10 extra sets nearly every week. All they're doing is tackling.
He should be a tackle machine by the time we get him back then.

I reckon we should give Glenn another year or two now tbh. He keeps performing, and he is a really good influence around the place. I'd rather keep him and let TPJ go as i think we have the forwards who are stepping up to replace Pangai and we can use the silly money he will want elsewhere.

We must keep TPJ now
We gave up McGuire to get him

We must keep TPJ now
We gave up McGuire to get him

I dont think he is worth anywhere near what he will be asking for. I wouldnt pay him anymore than we are paying Joffa tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Bish
  • pennywisealfie
  • jd87
  • Old Mate
  • HarryAllan7
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Hurrijo
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.